Hod2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bulking for 4 months

Hey guys this is my first post. Just need some advice. Haven’t reached 4 months yet but I’m planning too. Just advice whether I should cut once I hit 4 months or continue to bulk, I’m going to be playing soccer soon and just was planning to cut around then.

I do a 5 day program and the program is nsuns not sure whether you guys may know that or not, Its a 5 day workout: 3 upper body days and 2 upper body days. The program is an app that allows me to track the progress of my lifts

My lifts have all gone up about 15-20 kg. My maintenance is around 2300 I try to eat 200- 300 calories above maintenance. I have recently started doing cardio and trying to do at least two sessions a week, When the cardio clashes with the gym i still aim to eat more then my maintaince due to the extra calories and energy lost. I started bulking when I was around 78kg so I had a bit of fat on me. And I do try to eat clean.

BTW: the first image is before and the second image is After
    Attached Images

iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely cut. You're carrying a lot of BodyFat to the extent that the shape of your physique has been compromised. Not sure if it's because your body is underdeveloped (I'm assuming it's not), but the fat on the obliques is fine, it's the fat on the arms/shoulders/chest that's taken over.

Hod2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by iRaii View Post
    Definitely cut. You're carrying a lot of BodyFat to the extent that the shape of your physique has been compromised. Not sure if it's because your body is underdeveloped (I'm assuming it's not), but the fat on the obliques is fine, it's the fat on the arms/shoulders/chest that's taken over.

Yeh I can see that, I appreciate the response. Just facing a dilemma If I cut after the 3-4 months is where I could see a positive physique

iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hod2 View Post
    Yeh I can see that, I appreciate the response. Just facing a dilemma If I cut after the 3-4 months is where I could see a positive physique
    Not sure what you meant there about the cut, but I think don't be afraid to "cycle" your cut. You could do this in a number of ways, but a suggestion could be to cut for 8 weeks (300kcal deficit), then have a 2 week buffer where you eat at maintenance (change the expectation your body has of food intake), following onto another 8 week cut of a similar deficit.

I would just suggest to have a "game plan" (like what I've suggested) and simply stick to it. The most underrated mistake for a cut is thinking you're not losing weight after week 3 or 4 and then stopping or cheating or getting demotivated. This is where the devil is in the detail to see definition. It's also the thought of "being too small". If you're having enough protein, keep going and don't stop.