jsankar is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How should I calculate my macros?

Hi everyone,

I have been lifting for about 3 months, but I really want to make a big physique transformation this year. The problem is, I'm not sure on how to go about it given my current body type and goals.

I'm 5'7", 20 years old, and I fluctuate between 128-130 lbs. I have never officially measured, but using an online calculator and body measurements, I am about 16% body fat. My abs are slightly visible when I don't flex. I want to get leaner, but at the same time, I want to go up in weight. I want to add about 15 lbs of lean muscle, while also reducing my body fat percentage to ideally 12%. The problem is, every where I look, people say the only way to lose body fat is to eat at a calorie deficit. However, I am worried that I will lose even more weight if I eat at a calorie deficit. Since I'm already at a low weight to begin with, I was wondering how I should structure my nutrition plan so I can build muscle, go up in weight, as well as lose body fat. Thank you for the help.

I have attached a photo of my current physique for reference.
    Attached Images

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jsankar View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been lifting for about 3 months, but I really want to make a big physique transformation this year. The problem is, I'm not sure on how to go about it given my current body type and goals.

I'm 5'7", 20 years old, and I fluctuate between 128-130 lbs. I have never officially measured, but using an online calculator and body measurements, I am about 16% body fat. My abs are slightly visible when I don't flex. I want to get leaner, but at the same time, I want to go up in weight. I want to add about 15 lbs of lean muscle, while also reducing my body fat percentage to ideally 12%. The problem is, every where I look, people say the only way to lose body fat is to eat at a calorie deficit. However, I am worried that I will lose even more weight if I eat at a calorie deficit. Since I'm already at a low weight to begin with, I was wondering how I should structure my nutrition plan so I can build muscle, go up in weight, as well as lose body fat. Thank you for the help.

I have attached a photo of my current physique for reference.
    Read this: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001
    The power of carbs compels me!

Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100)
    2nd that ^

faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    eat in a surplus (250-500 calories, prefer the former), lift hard, eat enough protein, don't avoid carbs or fats, good luck
    positive crew