youngaladyy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Metabolic Damage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have been on a strict and very clean high protein low carb diet for a number of years, shredded and toned with very low body fat, body weight was always around 48-51kg. Then i had an operation after which i couldn’t move for a month, which just killed me inside, as i was used to working out everyday, being very active etc. when this happened i totally broke and because i couldn’t do anything else - not even walking or getting out of bed, i binge ate (psychological factors, stress) like crazy. The foods i consumed were the foods i never had in years- chocolate, pies, all things that i wouldn’t allow myself to have for a long period of time. i was really hurting physically because of the operation and i was also hurting mentally as i couldn’t move out of bed and so i was indulging for at least two more months until i finally felt good enough to recover after my operation. During this period of time, not surprisingly i gained the most weight i ever did in my life (weighing at 62kg). I was bloated, looked like a balloon, my body fat was around 30% of my body. I then started walking to my job, then walking uphill on a treadmill in the gym, and after a few months introduced weights again little by little (because of recovery post op). At this time i was already eating clean again, limiting my calories, because i was stressing out about looking like an absolute pig. AND I STILL AM. Now for over a year I am counting my calories 1300 per day and am on a low calorie diet consuming circa 37% of protein, 43% of fat and 20% of carbs daily. I lift weights for approx an hour a day 4 times per week and do cardio everyday so essentially im back where i was in terms of my workouts - on the days i lift id do cardio after my workout, on the days that i dont lift id just do cardio. Cardio is always for an hour, i go on a treadmill but i walk and not run very steep as in uphill. Cardio machine shows calories burned as 750 ( i know this is not 100% percent accurate but still the approximate figure ). My problem is that the weight that ive put on- does not go down. It is driving me crazy because for at least 5 years ive been in an amazing shape, very muscular, and little fat. Now i feel like whatever i do im just losing hope because weight and fat does not move. My BMR shows as 1350, as my height is only 157cm, but i consume 1300 calories and exercise c.750 kcal per day doing cardio, also some calories are burned during weights session which i dont even count, so im in caloric deficit of c.750 kcal a day. and I AM NOT LOSING ANYTHING. i weight all of my food. in fact, im gaining- a month ago i weighted 60, now i weight 62. I dont know whats happening. Please, someone who had a similar experience or could offer some guidance or help, anything would be appreciated. I know i have probably messed up my metabolic system or something real bad, but how do i fix it?

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Could you post every single thing you eat/drink in one day (with the amounts)?

XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well you don't burn very much weight lifting at all that is just for maintaining muscle to give you an example dead lifting like 500 pounds 10 times is like maybe 10 calories burned. Since you are only like 130 pounds the cardio machine numbers are also very high for you its probably like half of that maybe even less so your burn is massively overestimated. Bottom line is your a very tiny female so if you want to cut weight you don't get to eat much at all. Same advise applies to you as everyone in the end though if your weight is not moving you have to reduce calories while 1300 seems very low you are a short woman so you cant eat very much at all if you want to lose weight unfortunately. If you built up some muscle mass eventually you would be burning more but again not much. I don't know if you are tracking properly or not but that doesn't matter as the answer is the same drop calories. I would drop them 200-300 every 100 calories drops your finish line weight by about 10 pounds so if whatever you track as 1300 can get you to 135 1100 should be able to get you to 115. I would personally cut them from fat in your diet as that's the most dense and you are already eating so little. I agree with posting your diet like Heisman said since at your weight even being off 100-200 calories is a pretty big deal maybe we can figure out where your tracking is off or help eliminate the food that might be throwing you off. Also everything is amplified at that weight a single 2000+ cal cheat day could really hurt your deficit.

Also if i were you i would be eating even lower fat and way more carbs just to get in more volume so I didn't feel so hungry. Im not sure what the bare minimum is for a woman that short but whatever that is i would aim for that and fill the rest with non calorie dense carbs like veggies.
    Last edited by XinXom; 01-17-2020 at 06:30 AM.