newbie4eva is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lose the belly keep the muscle

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on losing belly/torso fat whilst I continue to bulk up?

I’m quite skinny but I’m getting bigger slowly (57kg to 70kg in 3 years) but Ive also putt on extra fat which I don’t want, and I don’t want to start a cut phase as I’m already skinny in regards to arms and legs

I’m 5ft10
    22 years old
    70kg
    (Male)

Also if anyone had any supplement recommendations that actually work e.g. apple cider vinegar apparently burning excess fat

Thanks!

nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by newbie4eva View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on losing belly/torso fat whilst I continue to bulk up?

I’m quite skinny but I’m getting bigger slowly (57kg to 70kg in 3 years) but Ive also putt on extra fat which I don’t want, and I don’t want to start a cut phase as I’m already skinny in regards to arms and legs

I’m 5ft10
    22 years old
    70kg
    (Male)

Also if anyone had any supplement recommendations that actually work e.g. apple cider vinegar apparently burning excess fat

Thanks!
    You can't target specific regions for fat loss.

There are a few cases in which it's possible to lose fat while gaining muscle (body recomp), albeit the process is slow. This is done by:

Continuous lift progression (you're lifting more over time)
    Adequate protein intake (1g / lb BW for example. Some people will benefit from more)
    Small caloric deficit (~300 calories)

For 3 years of weightlifting experience, a body recomp isn't very likely to give you ideal results though. It might be better to focus on losing weight slowly and making sure you maintain muscle mass. A small caloric deficit leading to a weight loss of 0.5% bodyweight per week is a good starting point.
    The only way to do something is to do it

Squat -> 255lb 5RM
    Deadlift -> 280lb 5RM
    Bench -> 175lb 5RM

JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Focus on two things:

Diet
    High-Intensity Training
    Do NOT only focus on cardio, you will not lose weight quickly or get muscle.

Use the fat in your current body as energy to burn while you are gaining muscle.

High-Intensity Training = Interval Training. For example, bike AS HARD AS YOU CAN for 30 seconds. Bike EASY for 45 seconds. Repeat.

While lifting weights, keep your rests between sets to 30–45secs. This will trick your body into burning fat QUICKER than if you were lifting very heavy and taking 1–2mins rest between sets.

Basically, focus on eating mostly PROTEIN, very little CARBS, and FAT. Notice, I did not say NO carbs and fat. Balance is the key. A balanced diet with a focus on LEAN protein.

My suggestion would be to baked chicken breasts and broccoli for as many meals as possible, switch up the seasonings.

Most importantly, have a plan, write it down, and follow it.

Remember, nothing happens overnight.

Consistency is key.

Best of luck on your journey to becoming healthier. Feel free to message me with any questions.

Cheers.

faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JohnLeyo View Post
    Focus on two things:

Diet
    High-Intensity Training
    Do NOT only focus on cardio, you will not lose weight quickly or get muscle.

Use the fat in your current body as energy to burn while you are gaining muscle.

High-Intensity Training = Interval Training. For example, bike AS HARD AS YOU CAN for 30 seconds. Bike EASY for 45 seconds. Repeat.

While lifting weights, keep your rests between sets to 30–45secs. This will trick your body into burning fat QUICKER than if you were lifting very heavy and taking 1–2mins rest between sets.

Basically, focus on eating mostly PROTEIN, very little CARBS, and FAT. Notice, I did not say NO carbs and fat. Balance is the key. A balanced diet with a focus on LEAN protein.

My suggestion would be to baked chicken breasts and broccoli for as many meals as possible, switch up the seasonings.

Most importantly, have a plan, write it down, and follow it.

Remember, nothing happens overnight.

Consistency is key.

Best of luck on your journey to becoming healthier. Feel free to message me with any questions.

Cheers.
    ...??????

not trying to chit on you but most of this is bro science. OP, embrace the belly and cut when you're actually getting fat
    positive crew

Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100)
    Research up on apple cider vinegar before consuming it, there are numerous amount of case studies out there