Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User CCG821215's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2018
    Age: 50
    Posts: 13
    Rep Power: 0
    CCG821215 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    CCG821215 is offline

    Thoughts on this 3x Total Body

    I've been doing something similar to this for awhile now. My focus has mostly been on fitness/cutting and it's been good for me, however sometimes I feel like I'm leaving something on the table in terms of strength and developing my physique. I've done a 4 day split before in the past but I always feel at my age (38) that i need a day of rest between lifts. I also do cardio 3 days a week and that's important to me as well and I don't like cutting into that time. Sometimes these workouts below get long and I know I'm running out of gas at the end of the workout and often times I cut out the iso work on bi's and tri's. Usually try to get some core in at the end each day depending on time. I used do do more iso stuff for shoulders/rear delts along with upper back but have gone the compound lift route lately. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are.

    DAY 1:
    Squat
    RDL
    Bench
    Lat Pull Down - Overhand
    Machine Shoulder Press
    Tri Pull Down – Rope
    DB Curl


    DAY 2:
    Power Clean
    Front Squat
    Dips
    DB Row
    Military Bar Press
    Push Ups
    Curls – EZ bar or Cable


    DAY 3:
    Deadlift
    Split Squat
    Incline Bench
    Pull Up / Underhand Lat Pull
    Arnold Press
    Close Grip Bench
    Reverse Curl
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User randomcrash's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 39
    Rep Power: 0
    randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    randomcrash is offline
    I kind of like it. What is your sets x reps look like?
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User CCG821215's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2018
    Age: 50
    Posts: 13
    Rep Power: 0
    CCG821215 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    CCG821215 is offline
    Originally Posted by randomcrash View Post
    I kind of like it. What is your sets x reps look like?
    Sets and reps are kind of a mess and I need to clean them up. Mostly just been doing 4x8-10 reps. There are certain lifts in the routine I can't go as heavy with a finicky shoulder and suspect lower back. Like I said I added in the full body compound stuff slowly a few months ago and flexibility is getting better so hoping I can progress to less reps and more weight.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User randomcrash's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 39
    Rep Power: 0
    randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    randomcrash is offline
    I hear rear delt work helps balance out the shoulder and might help with pain. I personally have never dealt with chronic shoulder pain. Maybe swap out one of your 3 vertical pushes with a row, and 1 or 2 of your 3 curls with some face pulls or reverse flies.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2015
    Location: Nevada, United States
    Posts: 8,591
    Rep Power: 74602
    ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ElrondHubbard is offline
    Originally Posted by randomcrash View Post
    I hear rear delt work helps balance out the shoulder and might help with pain. I personally have never dealt with chronic shoulder pain. Maybe swap out one of your 3 vertical pushes with a row, and 1 or 2 of your 3 curls with some face pulls or reverse flies.
    I tend to agree with this. Adding another row might help. Overall, though, not a bad program if you stick with it.
    I'm out, standing in my field.

    64 and still a newbie.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User Nelg1993's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2016
    Age: 26
    Posts: 441
    Rep Power: 1638
    Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nelg1993 is offline
    Originally Posted by CCG821215 View Post
    I've been doing something similar to this for awhile now. My focus has mostly been on fitness/cutting and it's been good for me, however sometimes I feel like I'm leaving something on the table in terms of strength and developing my physique. I've done a 4 day split before in the past but I always feel at my age (38) that i need a day of rest between lifts. I also do cardio 3 days a week and that's important to me as well and I don't like cutting into that time. Sometimes these workouts below get long and I know I'm running out of gas at the end of the workout and often times I cut out the iso work on bi's and tri's. Usually try to get some core in at the end each day depending on time. I used do do more iso stuff for shoulders/rear delts along with upper back but have gone the compound lift route lately. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are.

    DAY 1:
    Squat
    RDL
    Bench
    Lat Pull Down - Overhand
    Machine Shoulder Press
    Tri Pull Down – Rope
    DB Curl


    DAY 2:
    Power Clean
    Front Squat
    Dips
    DB Row
    Military Bar Press
    Push Ups
    Curls – EZ bar or Cable


    DAY 3:
    Deadlift
    Split Squat
    Incline Bench
    Pull Up / Underhand Lat Pull
    Arnold Press
    Close Grip Bench
    Reverse Curl
    Excessive volume in my opinion, too much overlap. I’d do 3 main movements 3-4 sets each (1 leg ex., 1 push, 1 pull), 1 corrective/balancing exercise (like face pulls) 3 sets and 2 iso’s 2 sets each. You also have too much pressing going on.

    Look up fierce 5 in the stickies, awesome program.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User Oleg1975K's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2019
    Posts: 332
    Rep Power: 366
    Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oleg1975K is offline
    I like this set of exercises. The next important step is to program this blank correctly.
    bench press 167.5 kgx1, 125 kgx13, 100 kgх24
    standing press 100 kgx1, 82,5 kg 4 sets х 5 reps
    deadlift 230 kgx1, 200 kgx4, 190 kg 3 sets x 5 reps
    raw squat 180 kgx1, 150 kg 5x5
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts