schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Super Noob seeking new work out suggestions

Just some background:-

Age 20-30 circuit training and Football (UK style :-) ) - no weight training
    Age 31-40 running incl. marathon & half mara's, around 80-110km /wk - little or no weights
    Age 41-48 attempts to rekindle running - failed! Went up to 115kg, probably more at heaviest...approx 40% BF.

Age 49-Current Some serious noob gains in muuscle and lots of fat loss.

I will get to the question soon, bear with me.

2019-June Started weight training (Jim Stoppani - 12wk Shortcut to Size) followed as closely as possible - didnt miss a beat. Body Fat down from 38-24% - now am at 18,5% last weigh in (Jan 10th 2020).
    Started Keto in Aug, and IF in Sept.

Weight from 115kg to current 96kg. Lean mass - not sure if true or not - certainly shows on the body and in my strength could bench shakily at the beginning max 10kg x 2 plus bar, now am using 50kg plus bar x10. So strength is definitley there.

I like to run -so I do about 2-3 runs per week, ranging between 40-80mins and sometimes fasted. I recently bought a Weight Vest (10kg) and use this to walk in perhaps once a week, but if at home I will do the house chores withit on.

Ok, my goal is to be fit and strong(ish), I am not after being the worlds strongest man or beat X&Y at squats/deadlifts. I want to get down to 10% BF also.

I am going to stop with Keto now as I think a more rounded and balanced Macro plan will benefit me - especially if I want to get in more HIT to get the last 8% BF away.

Am thinking of doing Lee Labradas Work out plan next - I only have about 45m for lunch and this is when I do most of my work outs, but I can use a local gym on the weekends.
    I want to get my weight down another 9kg to about 86-87kg, 85kg if possible - but I have a Lean Mass of about 80kg right now (BI scales), whcih means with 10% BF I should end up on about 88-90kg really....if I dont loose an muscle mass from now on....but I think if I want to cut to 10% - I may have to loose some muscle.

I have never thought about weight training as such a multifaceted discipline before - there are so many different ways to get to what you want, my limitations are time mainly, not resources.

Diet: TDEE is about 2400cals. And as mentioned, still on Keto, since Aug 17th but considering coming off, but want to have a clear plan - as I dont want to fall back into bad habits. Right now my deficit in the last 2wks has been around 600cals per day. Next weigh in is tomorrow.

Supplements:- Whey + Casein. Omegas, Multi Vits, Creatine, ECCA's.

I want to go over each body part twice per week and have one rest day. Does anyone have a good Workout Plan for 45m x 5days and one mega 1,5hr session on a weekly basis?

I have been reading some of the threads and though it officially time to introduce myself and ask for some advice, as you guys have great depth of knowledge.

I will load more pics soon.

WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by schrickm5 View Post

Age 31-40 running incl. marathon & half mara's, around 80-110km /wk - little or no weights
    Age 41-48 attempts to rekindle running - failed! Went up to 115kg, probably more at heaviest...approx 40% BF.

2019-June Started weight training (Jim Stoppani - 12wk Shortcut to Size) followed as closely as possible - didnt miss a beat. Body Fat down from 38-24% - now am at 18,5% last weigh in (Jan 10th 2020).

Weight from 115kg to current 96kg. Lean mass - not sure if true or not - certainly shows on the body and in my strength could bench shakily at the beginning max 10kg x 2 plus bar, now am using 50kg plus bar x10. So strength is definitley there.

I like to run -so I do about 2-3 runs per week, ranging between 40-80mins and sometimes fasted. I recently bought a Weight Vest (10kg) and use this to walk in perhaps once a week, but if at home I will do the house chores withit on.

Ok, my goal is to be fit and strong(ish), I am not after being the worlds strongest man or beat X&Y at squats/deadlifts. I want to get down to 10% BF also.

I am going to stop with Keto now as I think a more rounded and balanced Macro plan will benefit me - especially if I want to get in more HIT to get the last 8% BF away.

Am thinking of doing Lee Labradas Work out plan next - I only have about 45m for lunch and this is when I do most of my work outs, but I can use a local gym on the weekends.
    I want to get my weight down another 9kg to about 86-87kg, 85kg if possible - but I have a Lean Mass of about 80kg right now (BI scales), whcih means with 10% BF I should end up on about 88-90kg really....if I dont loose an muscle mass from now on....but I think if I want to cut to 10% - I may have to loose some muscle.

I have never thought about weight training as such a multifaceted discipline before - there are so many different ways to get to what you want, my limitations are time mainly, not resources.

Diet: TDEE is about 2400cals. And as mentioned, still on Keto, since Aug 17th but considering coming off, but want to have a clear plan - as I dont want to fall back into bad habits. Right now my deficit in the last 2wks has been around 600cals per day. Next weigh in is tomorrow.

I want to go over each body part twice per week and have one rest day. Does anyone have a good Workout Plan for 45m x 5days and one mega 1,5hr session on a weekly basis?

I have been reading some of the threads and though it officially time to introduce myself and ask for some advice, as you guys have great depth of knowledge.

You might have to accept that you aren't getting any stronger. I mean you might. But that 70kgx10 gives you a bench press at bodyweight. 18 percent bf is at the point where your body is gonna stay being less willing to use it. If everything else is in line with that bench number, you are not a noob anymore, AND you are on a deficit. Just beware you may plateau soon, until you finish the cut. Especially the bench press seems to be effected

The allpro routine is usually recommended for those on a cut and should be good for another 3 passed cycles. You're probably too strong for the 5x5 beginner programs. I don't really know of any besides allpro's that would reliably fit in 45 minutes. You could do an upper/lower with bare bones level work throughout the week, then worry about all your stuff you missed on the weekend when you have more time

BFDchookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by schrickm5 View Post

Alright I'm an even more noob but its okay
    Make sure your doing the right technique when working out
    Try basic workouts e.g benchpress pushups bicepcurls
    If you want to build strength and speed at the same time take on boxing even just punching a bag can gradually get you muscles

Sorry if i was no help and good luck

schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WakingOp View Post
    You might have to accept that you aren't getting any stronger. I mean you might. But that 70kgx10 gives you a bench press at bodyweight. 18 percent bf is at the point where your body is gonna stay being less willing to use it. If everything else is in line with that bench number, you are not a noob anymore, AND you are on a deficit. Just beware you may plateau soon, until you finish the cut. Especially the bench press seems to be effected

The allpro routine is usually recommended for those on a cut and should be good for another 3 passed cycles. You're probably too strong for the 5x5 beginner programs. I don't really know of any besides allpro's that would reliably fit in 45 minutes. You could do an upper/lower with bare bones level work throughout the week, then worry about all your stuff you missed on the weekend when you have more time
    Yes, I agree - and have been doing catch up on weekends - I quite like Lee Labradas set up as his sessions seem to fit my lunchtime. MAybe I need to do evening sessions also. It all depends on when I get to my plateau, I think its coming soon. I lost a pound this week - but according to my scale I went down in Lean mass and up in Fat.... over the week. Seem to have some strange readings sometimes, just need to keep going I suppose. Consistency!
    Thanks for the reply!

Originally Posted by BFDchookok View Post
    Alright I'm an even more noob but its okay
    Make sure your doing the right technique when working out
    Try basic workouts e.g benchpress pushups bicepcurls
    If you want to build strength and speed at the same time take on boxing even just punching a bag can gradually get you muscles

Sorry if i was no help and good luck
    No worries mate, thanks for replying. I normally incorporate the basic stuff at the moment - but I feel like an udderless ship at the moment and respond well to a plan, I have thought about using the punch bag a few times at the local gym...as I know how good even one minute of full on punching is for your cardio.