Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BetaAsPhuck View Post
    I get ya.

I used to be an Atheist, and something that genuinely confused me was when people became nihilists, objectively and subjectively.

I was a nihilist when I was an Atheist regarding an objective perspective of life, but subjectively the meaning of life to me was; happiness, self improvement, and social improvement.

###

To any unhappy Atheists reading... Just because you may believe there is no objective meaning to life, it doesn't mean that life can't have a subjective, and intersubjective, meaning.

Pessimist Nihilism is basically the belief that... Life is chit, life will always be chit, and life has no meaning.... Phuck that! But it's a common worldview amongst depressed or unhappy Atheists, IME.
    Yeah that's my point pretty much. I'm not sure i'm a hardcore aetheist, more an agnostic-aetheist and i definitely don't think i have all the answers. But i definitely don't believe in some objective meaning of life; therefore as you pointed out it's up to each individual to carve their own meaning based on what's important to them. I see a lot of guys going down a hole of depression with the whole 'there's no meaning to life, life is suffering bla bla' bullchit, but that's not how i feel, it just means we derive our own meaning and it's somewhat liberating (to me at least).
    6'3 masterrace

Bench: 350 / Squat: 485 / Deadlift: 600

MrPappageorgio is a name known to all. (+5000) MrPappageorgio is a name known to all. (+5000) MrPappageorgio is a name known to all. (+5000) MrPappageorgio is a name known to all. (+5000) MrPappageorgio is a name known to all. (+5000) MrPappageorgio is a name known to all. (+5000) MrPappageorgio is a name known to all. (+5000) MrPappageorgio is a name known to all. (+5000) MrPappageorgio is a name known to all. (+5000) MrPappageorgio is a name known to all. (+5000) MrPappageorgio is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's quite obvious that we (humans) are a cancer upon a greater biological system (Earth). All we do is reproduce. That's it. Like cancer cells. We are hard-wired to reproduce, and keep doing it until we die. Cancer kills it's host. We are killing our Earth. We are a malignant cancer.

Happy Thursday everyone!
    ~Perma-bulk crew~
    ~Hold breath when walking past weird looking people crew~
    ~Don't know where to look when eating a banana crew~
    ~Try to secretly flex during pictures crew~

propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cause we dont know everything about consciousness

Also, actually.. This question is multi-faceted

Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrPappageorgio View Post
    It's quite obvious that we (humans) are a cancer upon a greater biological system (Earth). All we do is reproduce. That's it. Like cancer cells. We are hard-wired to reproduce, and keep doing it until we die. Cancer kills it's host. We are killing our Earth. We are a malignant cancer.

Happy Thursday everyone!
    This is the truth, maby we are left alone because we are of no use in the greater scheme of things, we have primitive minds when compared to other intelligent life forms in the universe. I personally believe there is a place in the universe where many races of intelligent life exist and there is not war and violence, they are so evolved that they know violence and war lead to destruction. I believe once we evolve enough to stop all wars and all violence we will be invited to live amongst them, we have a long ways to go as a civilization.
    Brozart Crew
    2010 Join Date Crew
    Certified HTC

Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Xgamer791 View Post
    This is the truth, maby we are left alone because we are of no use in the greater scheme of things, we have primitive minds when compared to other intelligent life forms in the universe. I personally believe there is a place in the universe where many races of intelligent life exist and there is not war and violence, they are so evolved that they know violence and war lead to destruction. I believe once we evolve enough to stop all wars and all violence we will be invited to live amongst them, we have a long ways to go as a civilization.
    Let me guess, you think the Bible is a fairy tale, but all that you believe about alien intelligent life forms is true - somehow knowing, that they don't 'practice' warring / no violence - and that we will evolve out of our current human condition.

???
    "May the wrath of Zeus descend upon you like a great black toad in heat"

Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xgamer791 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Deathguard View Post
    Let me guess, you think the Bible is a fairy tale, but all that you believe about alien intelligent life forms is true - somehow knowing, that they don't 'practice' warring / no violence - and that we will evolve out of our current human condition.

???
    A personal belief doesn’t mean it’s true.
    Brozart Crew
    2010 Join Date Crew
    Certified HTC

KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I personally have all of existence figured out in my mind.

What do you want to know about?
    A lot of girls say I'm built like a "Tank"
    BENCH: getting there
    DEADLIFT: getting there
    SQUAT: bout 350
    #TRUMP2020

Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A personal belief doesn’t mean it’s true, did I rustle your jimbos or what?
    Cuz what you're saying is a fantasy and you'd described it as somehow realistic or even a meaningful thing?

It's amazing to me. People project alien life being a thing - like it's beyond faith somehow. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. What does our existence, our meaning, have to do with another race of limited life forms? If they are not God, then it does nothing justifying the higher order of evolving, does it? If the end product of evolving has no ultimate meaning, then why is refining the human race so important and relative to aliens? Aliens are a moot topic.

What use is belief when it sound like a preference?

It's ok to speculate bro. Just digressing i suppose.
    "May the wrath of Zeus descend upon you like a great black toad in heat"

andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    No human knows the true purpose of existence, we weren’t put here to chase money, retire and die. Why have we not discovered the meaning of life yet?

Because you talk about sloots and Trump all day. And if not you shoot someone or obey the command of the next cop.
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.

bsmit107 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsmit107 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsmit107 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsmit107 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsmit107 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsmit107 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsmit107 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsmit107 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsmit107 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsmit107 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsmit107 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's literally as simple as stay alive as long as you can and procreate as much as you can, stopping at nothing to continue doing both until you're some other animals dinner, killed by a bigger, stronger, faster human or die of injury/infection/disease. The strongest, most favorable genes carry on and the number of humans remains relatively small (because literally everything is trying to kill you, actively and passively, in the world before modern society) we don't fuk the earth and other species over and we just go on like that until another asteroid hits.

Somewhere along the lines brain power took over and turned animals into whatever the fuk we are today with our money (not real), economy (not real), healthcare (only prolongs the inevitable and gets more money out of you, leveraging your fear of death) and self-created problems/issues that have no place in our minds.

Most people today shouldn't have even ever existed at all, that's why they're fat lazy fuks.......genes that should have never replicated have taken over.

There is no higher being, no one is coming to save us, we weren't "put on this earth" by anything or anyone.....we just are. We are a biological development that just happened. We provide no positive to the planet we are on or to the species we "share" it with. We will literally use up all resources then (if our brains haven't figured out a solution by then) our population numbers will fall off and the cycle will begin again....if we don't die off as a species altogether. Live in caves for a few 100k - million years, give the earth time to recover, forget everything that was figured out & passed on and start over. If we die off completely as a species.

I don't know why it is so hard for people to understand that we are literally just animals.
    Last edited by bsmit107; 01-16-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    Currently
    US Virgin Islands Crew.....is that even a thing?

Formerly
    <Kansas Misc Crew>
    <Georgia Misc Crew>

lilbloaty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilbloaty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilbloaty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilbloaty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilbloaty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilbloaty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilbloaty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilbloaty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilbloaty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilbloaty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lilbloaty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yall need to eat some mushrooms
    lilbloaty crew

Body Dysmorphia Survivor BlackJack619's Avatar
    BlackJack619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackJack619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackJack619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackJack619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackJack619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackJack619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackJack619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackJack619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackJack619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackJack619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackJack619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lilbloaty View Post
    yall need to eat some mushrooms
    Inb4 the ban hammer
    Suicide Prevention hotline
    Call 1-800-273-8255
    Available 24 hours everyday

Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    the purpose is to have the greatest area under the curve for happiness charted over time

the path will be different for every person
    GIFs of Peace: https://imgur.com/a/oK3RAor
    Cut of Peace: https://imgur.com/a/Dtmrijh
    Merlin? https://imgur.com/a/AEbYqlw

AlvinDavenport is just really nice. (+1000) AlvinDavenport is just really nice. (+1000) AlvinDavenport is just really nice. (+1000) AlvinDavenport is just really nice. (+1000) AlvinDavenport is just really nice. (+1000) AlvinDavenport is just really nice. (+1000) AlvinDavenport is just really nice. (+1000) AlvinDavenport is just really nice. (+1000) AlvinDavenport is just really nice. (+1000) AlvinDavenport is just really nice. (+1000) AlvinDavenport is just really nice. (+1000)

Happy Thursday everyone!
    Cancer has no objective. What you described is a virus.
    The Misc is where I'm from, but it's not what I am

Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Red face

Happy Thursday everyone!
    GIFs of Peace: https://imgur.com/a/oK3RAor
    Cut of Peace: https://imgur.com/a/Dtmrijh
    Merlin? https://imgur.com/a/AEbYqlw

suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that's why we need COMMUNISM

SANDERS 2020
    When you come to think of it, almost all human behaviour and activity is not essentially any different from animal behaviour. The most advanced technologies and craftsmanship bring us, at best, up to the super-chimpanzee level. Actually, the gap between, say, Plato or Nietzsche and the average human is greater than the gap between that chimpanzee and the average human.

*communist Llama crew*
    *go vegan or go bust crew*
    *anti-imperialist crew*

propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bsmit107 View Post
    It's literally as simple as stay alive as long as you can and procreate as much as you can, stopping at nothing to continue doing both until you're some other animals dinner, killed by a bigger, stronger, faster human or die of injury/infection/disease. The strongest, most favorable genes carry on and the number of humans remains relatively small (because literally everything is trying to kill you, actively and passively, in the world before modern society) we don't fuk the earth and other species over and we just go on like that until another asteroid hits.

Somewhere along the lines brain power took over and turned animals into whatever the fuk we are today with our money (not real), economy (not real), healthcare (only prolongs the inevitable and gets more money out of you, leveraging your fear of death) and self-created problems/issues that have no place in our minds.

Most people today shouldn't have even ever existed at all, that's why they're fat lazy fuks.......genes that should have never replicated have taken over.

There is no higher being, no one is coming to save us, we weren't "put on this earth" by anything or anyone.....we just are. We are a biological development that just happened. We provide no positive to the planet we are on or to the species we "share" it with. We will literally use up all resources then (if our brains haven't figured out a solution by then) our population numbers will fall off and the cycle will begin again....if we don't die off as a species altogether. Live in caves for a few 100k - million years, give the earth time to recover, forget everything that was figured out & passed on and start over. If we die off completely as a species.

I don't know why it is so hard for people to understand that we are literally just animals.
    I agree. Thing is it goes further

The question goes beyond the big bang

From the big bang's theory one singular moment created all of the stuff that will ever be created in the universe. But theres questions regarding what came before the big bang. Where did that come from? You have nothingness and then all of the sudden something just came along?

I guess within your theory, you say.. Big bang happened. Then randomness happened and one randomness (earth) just so happened to be perfectly conducive for "life"? Is there life elsewhere?

Within your theory is another planet with life just another set of perfect sequences that created life?

If you want "perfect circumstances" regarding earth - it would be perfect distance from sun - gravity; then water randomly pounding it from space - knocked off its axis by another planet crashing into it which means it now rotates and gives us "seasons" allowing more diverse life and temperature cycles - pieces of earth that are knocked off earth within that collision create a "moon"
    Last edited by propreffered7; 01-16-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Registered User randomuser12345's Avatar
    randomuser12345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomuser12345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomuser12345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomuser12345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomuser12345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomuser12345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomuser12345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomuser12345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomuser12345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomuser12345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomuser12345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ofcours there are another planets with life on them. How extremly selfish would be to think otherwise. I don't think we ever gonna comprehend what is universe or what os beyone it or any grand scheme. I mean we can be just a school project of some civilization of titans. And if we actually did understand everything i think it would be like gta after end game - you are free to do whatever but what the point if there's no marks on the map.

superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by noitall View Post
    We do. You dont think the elite have figured it out yet with their power and research? They just dont let it be known.

Thats why they dont care about sharing wealth or the earth in general. They’ve know for a long time now that life was accidental and humans are no more important than an ant on earth and when everything dies thats it. Blank, gone forever.

There is literally no point to life and have figured it out. Theres no point in caring or worrying about anything because it doesnt matter neither does anyone.

I live on a ranch taming and breaking horses in the middle of nowhere and have gotten lost in the forest for 4 days before walking arounds breaking sticks and realized im no different than a bug or squirrel and earth would kill me if i didnt fight on.
    Bro...
    John 3:16

Natty for life
    Red for life
    I'm not really 50, I'm 42, idk how to change the age
    Autism crew (Asperger's syndrome)

superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000) superman704 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by TappingTheZen View Post
    I agree, i was just making the point that we are driven (to a point) by our biological drives, so if you MUST derive meaning, it's a place to start. Although realistically i believe there's no real meaning since there is no 'design' as such, just chaos and chance.

Massively over-simplified missing some key components, but sure.

Why is this so outrageous? How is this anymore of an outrageous belief than some omnipotent being who's just 'always existed' creating us for some 'purpose', with absolutely no evidence to support this claim?

I absolutely respect everyones right to believe whatever they wish and it's really cool seeing the different 'answers' people have come up with, but let's not try to frame an evidence based approach as outrageous, when the ideas you're proposing are equally outrageous if not more. If anything, an evidence based approach should be the 'default' belief, if you want to operate purely logically.

The fact is; the truth of our existence is insane and beyond our comprehension no matter what you believe.
    So you think you are a highly evolved monkey, ok...

Natty for life
    Red for life

andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    “Why is there something rather than nothing?”

Philosopher Stephen Law has said the question may not need answering, as it is attempting to answer a question that is outside a spatio-temporal setting, from within a spatio-temporal setting. He compares the question to asking "what is north of the North Pole?"[20]

The pre-Socratic philosopher Parmenides was one of the first Western thinkers to question the possibility of nothing. Many other thinkers, such as Bede Rundle,[25] have questioned whether nothing is an ontological possibility. Nothing might be a human concept that is only a construct and inappropriate for a description of a possible state, or absence of state.

Originally Posted by andrew28 View Post

Philosopher Stephen Law has said the question may not need answering, as it is attempting to answer a question that is outside a spatio-temporal setting, from within a spatio-temporal setting. He compares the question to asking "what is north of the North Pole?"[20]

The pre-Socratic philosopher Parmenides was one of the first Western thinkers to question the possibility of nothing. Many other thinkers, such as Bede Rundle,[25] have questioned whether nothing is an ontological possibility. Nothing might be a human concept that is only a construct and inappropriate for a description of a possible state, or absence of state.
    Bro...

Natty for life
    Red for life

Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by aleeboy View Post
    I feel sorry for ugly small people.
    thx

KirkMcquest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KirkMcquest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KirkMcquest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KirkMcquest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KirkMcquest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KirkMcquest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KirkMcquest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KirkMcquest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KirkMcquest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KirkMcquest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KirkMcquest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Does a fish know his purpose? Does a squirrel know his purpose? They dont know consciously but they know what to do.

You all know your purpose. The problem is that your little prefrontal cortex [ which you mistake for "you" ] cannot understand it. It isnt capable. But the rest of YOU does. The same way you know how to beat your heart, operate your thyroid gland, and half a billion other things that your conscious prefrontal lobe cannot conceive.

My opinion.

Originally Posted by KirkMcquest View Post
    Does a fish know his purpose? Does a squirrel know his purpose? They dont know consciously but they know what to do.

You all know your purpose. The problem is that your little prefrontal cortex [ which you mistake for "you" ] cannot understand it. It isnt capable. But the rest of YOU does. The same way you know how to beat your heart, operate your thyroid gland, and half a billion other things that your conscious prefrontal lobe cannot conceive.

My opinion.
    Our purpose is to worship God

Natty for life
    Red for life

numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by andrew28 View Post

lol wikipedia has an article on this question? Wasnt expecting that.

you will encounter all kinds of philosophical babble associated with an ill-posed metaphysical question like that. Some of the reference links in the above wiki illustrate this point.
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫

Brozef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brozef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brozef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brozef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brozef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brozef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brozef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brozef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brozef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brozef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brozef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The assumption here is that there is a purpose. It's a very narrow minded human idea. The idea that purpose is assigned to everything is a product of civilization and not necessarily how the universe works.

300BLK is a name known to all. (+5000) 300BLK is a name known to all. (+5000) 300BLK is a name known to all. (+5000) 300BLK is a name known to all. (+5000) 300BLK is a name known to all. (+5000) 300BLK is a name known to all. (+5000) 300BLK is a name known to all. (+5000) 300BLK is a name known to all. (+5000) 300BLK is a name known to all. (+5000) 300BLK is a name known to all. (+5000) 300BLK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What we know currently is to survive and reproduce. Could be more, who knows
    ***Black Crew***
    No Face Crew

ConTroLFreaKK is a name known to all. (+5000) ConTroLFreaKK is a name known to all. (+5000) ConTroLFreaKK is a name known to all. (+5000) ConTroLFreaKK is a name known to all. (+5000) ConTroLFreaKK is a name known to all. (+5000) ConTroLFreaKK is a name known to all. (+5000) ConTroLFreaKK is a name known to all. (+5000) ConTroLFreaKK is a name known to all. (+5000) ConTroLFreaKK is a name known to all. (+5000) ConTroLFreaKK is a name known to all. (+5000) ConTroLFreaKK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The more i think about it the more paradoxical it seems, if there is a meaning what gives that meaning it's meaning? and so on.. then there will always be the question of why does it have meaning? I think it's a human flaw to assume there's an inherent meaning to everything based on our limited human understanding of how the world works and to apply that to everything in the universe.
    * Takes shirt off while taking a poop crew *

cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Youre assuming that we have a purpose or a meaning?

We dont!

We are here just because we just happen to exist.
    Negs to anyone that:
    makes a terrible troll thread
    makes any conspiracy theory thread
    makes a religious/political thread without knowledge of what they're talking about