Thread: Is this normal?

drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this normal?

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get insight from other gym-goers and people with more experience in regards to how nutrition and exercise could potentially affect weight over a short period of time. Short version is, after being consistent for over a year and having my body weight go up from the normal 75 kg to a whooping 90 kg, I quit lifting weights and going to the gym altogether for two months due to an episode of depression and extreme anxiety. I went from eating 5 meals a day to eating 2 or 3 because of my lack of appetite. Only recently had I begun to overcome this episode. Today was my first day back to the gym. When I got on the scale for the first time in 2 months, I noticed my weight had gone down to 79 kg (prior to my last weight when I was consistent, which was 87.5 kg). I'm 26 and have a very ectomorphic build and gain mass very difficultly. Still, my anxieties have me thinking whether this could be some serious underlying illness. Is this normal? To lose close to 20 pounds in a 2 month period? Is it normal maybe for people with naturally higher metabolisms?

Thanks

Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000)
    You lost weight because you cut back on your meals. It's normal and has zero to do with metabolism. Anxiety and depression will do that. Don't worry about it the 20lb weight drop.
    Personal bests

S: 140kg
    B: 101kg
    D: 154kg
    O.H.P: 74kg
    C.U: 29kg

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by drowneddeity View Post
    Is this normal? To lose close to 20 pounds in a 2 month period? Is it normal maybe for people with naturally higher metabolisms?

Thanks
    You don't have a naturally higher metabolism, you're no more special then all of us here

You are not an ectomorph body type as that is all bullchit

You lost that much weight because you were in a steep caloric deficit
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drowneddeity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gringer View Post
    You lost weight because you cut back on your meals. It's normal and has zero to do with metabolism. Anxiety and depression will do that. Don't worry about it the 20lb weight drop.
    Thanks, man. Is it normal, though, given the amount of time I lost the weight? (2 months)

Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by drowneddeity View Post
    Thanks, man. Is it normal, though, given the amount of time I lost the weight? (2 months)
    Unless you are obese, it is alot for 2 months but it can be done.. Have you stopped counting calories?? I'm assuming you have since you stopped training all together. In that case. It's very possible.
    Personal bests

S: 140kg
    B: 101kg
    D: 154kg
    O.H.P: 74kg
    C.U: 29kg

Nope. Not obese. I never really counted calories lol. Just ate small meals every 2 hours that consisted of oats/tuna alongside big meals. I maintained a great weight of 90 kg for my height of 6’2. Went from that to suddenly just barely eating enough to survive. Had absolutely no appetite. Got pretty sick with bronchitis too. Several courses of antibiotics. Went down 9 kg in 2 months.

rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000)
    I personally believe there is some truth to the idea of "weight set point". You probably didn't spend enough time up at 90kg to really get that weight "locked in". Your body may even have been hormonally contributing to the depressive episode as a way of reducing intake.

The good news is that since you've already put that mass on once before, putting it back on should be easier. Just get back to work.