Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Vertical leg press

https://youtu.be/v9IFB2t7KhI

Maybe it’s the way the machine is made, but this machine really pulls on my hip flexors pretty hard. Any tips to eliminate that fatigued feeling I get in my lower back? I keep my core as tight as possible, maintain that neutral arch in my back, but the way the machine is made my mid to lower back is slightly off the pad

The fatigue subsides after the set, and I have no lower back issues post workout. So it could be my hams/upper glutes/ flexors being worked at an angle that they aren’t familiar to but I’m not sure
    Last edited by Hannahp21; 01-12-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thats a nice looking vertical leg press machine.
    IMO you need to be careful because it can put the low back in a bad position and cause issues.
    I would only go as low to where the low back doesn't start to round.
    Any lower then your asking for issues.
    Because all machines can be different for person to person so be aware of how you do them just don't go down to where you feel the low back.

Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Thats a nice looking vertical leg press machine.
    IMO you need to be careful because it can put the low back in a bad position and cause issues.
    I would only go as low to where the low back doesn't start to round.
    Any lower then your asking for issues.
    Because all machines can be different for person to person so be aware of how you do them just don't go down to where you feel the low back.
    the machines brilliant and I love it. I honestly think its my hip flexors and glutes being hit from a new angle instead of my low back. I have no issues/soreness after the set or post workout, plus just started doing higher reps on that machine so its just a matter of my body getting accustomed I think. ill watch my ROM next cycle thru

Figured it out

https://youtu.be/7-GYpjl3U8Y

Pretty sure I figured it out. Moved my feet in a bit closer, toes pointed more out. Positioned myself so my low back was more wedged in while still getting my whole spine to be supported. Had to cut the rom about an inch shorter, but had no low back pain (minus the soreness I felt from pull the day prior)

I really enjoy this exercise, so as long as ROM looks clean, I’m gonna keep it

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Off topic, but this reminds me of the first time I was shown a vertical leg press by the owner of a local gym.

"What happens if you can't complete the rep?" asked my workout buddy.

"You scream," replied the owner of the gym.