Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000)

Red face First pay as web developer

Fuuuark bruvs. Only know HTML, CSS, and Javascript on a basic level & going to finish a simple static website for a client this week. 80% done. Gonna add some sort of functionality with JS in there if I can. Perhaps there's some cool api I can integrate.

Tried learning Node & PostgreSQL (for another guy who wants a payment based site) but I got super confused and when it came time to link the database to Node.. I nope'd the fuk out of there & wagged my tail back to the basics.

Guess I have to learn more JS.

But damn is it feel good knowing I'm about to be paid for this even though the CSS file looks absolutely horrific & I cringe every time I have to navigate it.

Any devs in here?
    ♥Photography CREW▼NYC CREW▼Mixed CREW▼PCMR CREW▼We all gonna make it CREW♥
    ♥College CREW▼Raspberry Pi CREW▼Snapple Apple CREW▼Meaningless CREWs CREW♥
    ♥Seahawks CREW▼Mob Psycho 100 CREW▼if it's on the clock pick up a mop ???? CREW♥
    ♥OFFICIAL MISC - Let's Learn Japanese, Korean, and Mandarin CREW♥
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166711001

SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For front end stuff learn react+redux

What do you not understand about node? It's actually legendary srs

also lmao @ a site without ANY JS how the fk?!
    "Some people are just meant for basements." --NukYavlen

February Nofap ban bet: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178025391

Seasonally Trans/Gay

Spahgetti has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spahgetti has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spahgetti has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spahgetti has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spahgetti has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spahgetti has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spahgetti has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spahgetti has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spahgetti has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spahgetti has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spahgetti has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by naaboo View Post
    Fuuuark bruvs. Only know HTML, CSS, and Javascript on a basic level & going to finish a simple static website for a client this week. 80% done. Gonna add some sort of functionality with JS in there if I can. Perhaps there's some cool api I can integrate.

Tried learning Node & PostgreSQL (for another guy who wants a payment based site) but I got super confused and when it came time to link the database to Node.. I nope'd the fuk out of there & wagged my tail back to the basics.

Guess I have to learn more JS.

But damn is it feel good knowing I'm about to be paid for this even though the CSS file looks absolutely horrific & I cringe every time I have to navigate it.

Any devs in here?
    Das it mane. Good for you and keep it up! never ending learning process but you can really do some cool c hit

naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000) naaboo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyKappa View Post
    For front end stuff learn react+redux

What do you not understand about node? It's actually legendary srs

also lmao @ a site without ANY JS how the fk?!
    The site looks okay but it has no life lmao so yes gotta throw some JS in there. It's basically for an auto detailer who wanted to go with a one page top down layout (think that's called parallax?).

I half-arsed went through w3 school's node section (prob not the best idea) and then learned basic postgres functionality like adding, removing, searching through tables, etc. But then I tried to connect the two (because there's a CRUD site I want to try) but the code required to do said thing seemed alien. I was also studying for like 10 hours so there's prob that lol.

I want to learn backend but maybe I'm not there yet or haven't found a proper tut.

Originally Posted by Spahgetti View Post
    Das it mane. Good for you and keep it up! never ending learning process but you can really do some cool c hit
    Thanks Spaghet! Sometimes I'd second guess myself, want to quit, then a couple hard moments later and realized the solution was easier than I thought
    ♥Seahawks CREW▼Mob Psycho 100 CREW▼if it's on the clock pick up a mop ???? CREW♥

iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats! How'd you get the client?
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000) outfoxxed is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The site looks okay but it has no life lmao so yes gotta throw some JS in there. It's basically for an auto detailer who wanted to go with a one page top down layout (think that's called parallax?).

I half-arsed went through w3 school's node section (prob not the best idea) and then learned basic postgres functionality like adding, removing, searching through tables, etc. But then I tried to connect the two (because there's a CRUD site I want to try) but the code required to do said thing seemed alien. I was also studying for like 10 hours so there's prob that lol.

I want to learn backend but maybe I'm not there yet or haven't found a proper tut.

Thanks Spaghet! Sometimes I'd second guess myself, want to quit, then a couple hard moments later and realized the solution was easier than I thought
    One page website.

All you need is a contact form to send an email that says leave your email for a free quote

No need for a database.

Congrats on parallax scrolling. Should look pretty good then.

Make sure you do your SEO
    Sniff hard as fuk when guys pass by to smell their balls crew
    Don't know how to hold arms when walking crew
    Has to use a soundboard to order pizza crew
    Order pizza and lower money from second floor in bucket crew
    Bodybuilders against lifting crew
    Mod Negs: 3

Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    Congrats! How'd you get the client?
    Thanks! Family member's friend. Wanted to take his business to the next level & have an online presence. Making sure I knock this one out the park.

Originally Posted by outfoxxed View Post
    One page website.

All you need is a contact form to send an email that says leave your email for a free quote

No need for a database.

Congrats on parallax scrolling. Should look pretty good then.

Make sure you do your SEO
    I have a contact form at the bottom using Formspree. Wasn't what I ideally wanted but it gets the job done.

Definitely going hard on SEO for my first client lol. Using MDN to learn semantics.

🥋 A Karate Kid age 60 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats, brother!

You know your true battle begins from here. Clients and their users constantly will be bitching about everything they have already approved after the site actually starts running.

Never let them break your spirit, "Lose the Battle but Win the War", Good luck!!

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Training Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 60-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Talking das it

Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post
    Congrats, brother!

You know your true battle begins from here. Clients and their users constantly will be bitching about everything they have already approved after the site actually starts running.

Never let them break your spirit, "Lose the Battle but Win the War", Good luck!!

Appreciate it!

I'm ready for all the rustling that may come.

Eventually I'll get to a point where I'm comfortable efficiently creating anything.

randomcrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomcrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomcrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomcrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomcrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomcrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomcrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomcrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomcrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomcrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomcrash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My company paid for a 3 day crash course on Node and i had a Mongo DB running on second day....

UknowWho11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UknowWho11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UknowWho11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UknowWho11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UknowWho11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UknowWho11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UknowWho11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UknowWho11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UknowWho11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UknowWho11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UknowWho11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    mirin'

web dev here with some freelance gigs, hoping to get a tech job this year

keep it up
    "If not me, then who? If not now, then when?"

On the road to CEO 10k/month

1989-2011 Forever mirin'

*HTC crew* *Married crew*

BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Let's get down to brass tacks here OP

How much are you getting paid for the job?

How many total hours will it take for you to finish the job?

How many jobs like this could you reliably procure a month? A year?
    The character "Big Deeps" is an online persona. Any comments made by the internet persona "Big Deeps" should be taken with a grain of salt and shall not reflect on the integrity and morals of the actor portraying "Big Deeps." Please respect kayfabe and respect the heel persona.

Originally Posted by randomcrash View Post
    My company paid for a 3 day crash course on Node and i had a Mongo DB running on second day....
    one day

Originally Posted by UknowWho11 View Post
    mirin'

web dev here with some freelance gigs, hoping to get a tech job this year

keep it up
    same. each day i'm learning something new. plan on making 5 really good projects that'll let me understand all these tools and technologies and how to deploy them etc etc.

Originally Posted by BigDeeps01 View Post
    Let's get down to brass tacks here OP

How much are you getting paid for the job?

How many total hours will it take for you to finish the job?

How many jobs like this could you reliably procure a month? A year?
    I charged $150 for the site. Probably over charged for my skill level lmao but screw it. They'll need help with hosting (netlify, prob), buying domain, logo, business cards, posters, etc, down the line, which I'll charge more for on top of the $150 for the site alone.

Considering I'm learning the semantics, advanced css, and JS (which I'll add once 100% finished designing) on the fly, it's a lot of hours.

Basically I study, add to site, study, add to site. Probably not the best way to go about things, but this client is more on the familiar side, so I don't feel bad doing it this way. In the future I plan to create reusable code/templates that I can work on to make things easier.

Not actively looking for clients, BUT if I honestly tried I could probably pull 1-3 monthly through reaching out (when I add a portfolio to my site). Local businesses, business folk, etc.

My goal is to gain enough knowledge and experience to be employed by a company. I have a friend who is a Java dev working on enterprise apps for a big name company that wants to refer me to his manager once I gain enough skills. I really want to do backend and/or work on enterprise stuff like desktop apps( i think?) since I'm not too fond of my creative design side, but I'll honest take anything, so I'm trying to learn the whole stack & also create a web app, desktop app, and mobile app that can comm with each other. Ya boy just want a better life, lol.

edit: currently trying to learn Instagram API so I can pull photos from it and make a gallery and i sure do feel like a donut making sense of this.

BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigDeeps01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    one day

same. each day i'm learning something new. plan on making 5 really good projects that'll let me understand all these tools and technologies and how to deploy them etc etc.

I charged $150 for the site. Probably over charged for my skill level lmao but screw it. They'll need help with hosting (netlify, prob), buying domain, logo, business cards, posters, etc, down the line, which I'll charge more for on top of the $150 for the site alone.

Considering I'm learning the semantics, advanced css, and JS (which I'll add once 100% finished designing) on the fly, it's a lot of hours.

Basically I study, add to site, study, add to site. Probably not the best way to go about things, but this client is more on the familiar side, so I don't feel bad doing it this way. In the future I plan to create reusable code/templates that I can work on to make things easier.

Not actively looking for clients, BUT if I honestly tried I could probably pull 1-3 monthly through reaching out (when I add a portfolio to my site). Local businesses, business folk, etc.

My goal is to gain enough knowledge and experience to be employed by a company. I have a friend who is a Java dev working on enterprise apps for a big name company that wants to refer me to his manager once I gain enough skills. I really want to do backend and/or work on enterprise stuff like desktop apps( i think?) since I'm not too fond of my creative design side, but I'll honest take anything, so I'm trying to learn the whole stack & also create a web app, desktop app, and mobile app that can comm with each other. Ya boy just want a better life, lol.
    Sounds kind of poverty to be honest
    The character "Big Deeps" is an online persona. Any comments made by the internet persona "Big Deeps" should be taken with a grain of salt and shall not reflect on the integrity and morals of the actor portraying "Big Deeps." Please respect kayfabe and respect the heel persona.

Originally Posted by BigDeeps01 View Post
    Sounds kind of poverty to be honest
    Price may not seem worth it to most, but this does more for me than it does them, sort of. I get a feel for money, deadlines, restrictive design (client needs), and well, actually creating something.

He's getting what he's paying for, but I'm doing my best and learning valuable things in the process.

The more I learn the more I charge. Our relationship won't end here. He's going to want more things for his company in the future.

think of it this way. it's a personal project i'm getting paid for. at least that's how i see it.

iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I charged $150 for the site.

Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

links
    I love money.

I also love honesty, and being true to myself.

Nobody is paying me $7k to make a site. Not even $700. Not today. Not with my current skill set.

And the business is only one guy. Who has lots of plans in the future which I'll be there for.

No, my time is not free. I never even planned on having clients. I guess I'm testing the waters.

Still, this will be the first website I ever fully create. Please, do yourself a favor and reread that, along with everything I've ever written in this thread.

I'm not a buster. I'm not a fool. I love money. And honesty. And although this chit is hard, I don't think my web development skills are worth much. I have a lot to learn. Emphasize a lot. Me gaining any clientele is a miracle and a strong forcibly push in the right direction. This gets me out of my tutorial zone into actually creating something. And I've been doing that.

CS isn't my strong point. I'm in the super entry baby steps phase. And that's okay. I've been browsing the internet since 04, seen the rise of YT, etc, etc, and would probably make a better researcher/investigator/social-media-jockey than a dev (at my current level). Over a decade of experience vs a couple months and doing things here and there.

It's not as easy as I thought and will charge more for anyone who wants their site done by me. Feels like I'm thrown into the deep end and fighting my way to shore slowly realizing the value/worth of this field and my work.

but anyway, what would you have charged?

feel free to share your expertise

THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dude 150?

You seriously undersold yourself. Your looking at this from the wrong perspective.

Dudes laughing at you for 150$.

That website will add generous value to his business.

How many new clients do you think he will gain from ppl visited his website? Hint, more than 150$

You have to list a price based on what value this brings to your customer.

For example, logos can be done easy in 2 hours. But your still gonna charge 500, 1000 even 4000 if this will bring lots of value to a customer.

Look at Nike. It's a simple check. But this is a brand, it will be printed on every box, shirt, email, and mail.header imaginable. Its needs to be done right the first time. That's why it's big bucks.

It's not the actual time you spent on the project that matter, it's the value they will gain from something done properly.

Congrats on your first gig. But honestly, even a 1 page landing for a business should be 500$ no less.

It's a business, what's 500$ to this dude? Probably not much at all considered the grand scheme of things. That's like a days worth of labor from his employees. What's an extra 500?

150, dudes laughing at you.

I use to modify print receipt templates for a POS company. There was support for custom CSS scripting, but it wasn't offered by the CMS company themselves. I'd charge 45$ an hour to make 8x11 adaptable print receipts for the actual clients, not the company. It would take 12 to 16 hours to make one start to finish.

With installation, aftersales support and the numerous phones calls, I'd rack them up a 1200 bill easy.

Just for a fukn receipt template. Why? Because it added value to their operations

Imagine being a jewelry store and printing walmart style strip receipts for 4 000$ orders. Looks poverty as fuk. A 1200$ made to fit receipt with all the bells and whistles made them look legit. To them, it's worth every penny. And it was only a weekend's worth of work for me.

Not gonna lie, I miss that gig. It's been a couple years and they still come back asking for modifications. But I'm onto to other things and im no longer in contact with the POS company so I turn them down.
    Last edited by THATSfunnyOP; 01-16-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    King MANLET the 3rd

Originally Posted by THATSfunnyOP View Post
    Dude 150?

You seriously undersold yourself. Your looking at this from the wrong perspective.

Dudes laughing at you for 150$.

That website will add generous value to his business.

How many new clients do you think he will gain from ppl visited his website? Hint, more than 150$

You have to list a price based on what value this brings to your customer.

For example, logos can be done easy in 2 hours. But your still gonna charge 500, 1000 even 4000 if this will bring lots of value to a customer.

Look at Nike. It's a simple check. But this is a brand, it will be printed on every box, shirt, email, and mail.header imaginable. Its needs to be done right the first time. That's why it's big bucks.

It's not the actual time you spent on the project that matter, it's the value they will gain from something done properly.

Congrats on your first gig. But honestly, even a 1 page landing for a business should be 500$ no less.

It's a business, what's 500$ to this dude? Probably not much at all considered the grand scheme of things. That's like a days worth of labor from his employees. What's an extra 500?

150, dudes laughing at you.

I use to modify print receipt templates for a POS company. There was support for custom CSS scripting, but it wasn't offered by the CMS company themselves. I'd charge 45$ an hour to make 8x11 adaptable print receipts for the actual clients, not the company. It would take 12 to 16 hours to make one start to finish.

With installation, aftersales support and the numerous phones calls, I'd rack them up a 1200 bill easy.

Just for a fukn receipt template. Why? Because it added value to their operations

Imagine being a jewelry store and printing walmart style strip receipts for 4 000$ orders. Looks poverty as fuk. A 1200$ made to fit receipt made them look legit. To them, it's worth every penny. And it was only a weekend's worth of work for me.
    You are completely right that a website should be charged based on value. But when I first started I did the free-to-fee method. The first couple websites were for free. That allowed me to use those websites as testimonials. After those first couple then I started charging based on value.

When you're selling a website to a business you need to be asking them these questions:
    • Do you need new leads?
    • Do you think your business can handle more leads?
    • Do you have the budget for a website?
    • What do you want or need on the website?

You provide the value of how a website can help their business
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

text
    I'll be the one laughing after I'm done interviewing for a 150k job.

Undersold myself by a couple hundreds.

Fine.

I can officially call myself a web dev AND say I've worked with a client.

Throw that into my portfolio.

Gain more clients.

Charge them A LOT more with PROVEN work.

Get those interviews I've always wanted and have endless things to talk about.

The guy already hooked me up with someone who wants a subscription based website which is going to need way more tools that I can charge accordingly.

I don't even want clients. I want to work for a company (who most-likely will have them). But at least I can say I've had one. And that puts me ahead of all those other applicants who've never done work for another human being other than themselves.

I'm playing the game here.

Maximum returns are coming my way.

THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) THATSfunnyOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You are completely right that a website should be charged based on value. But when I first started I did the free-to-fee method. The first couple websites were for free. That allowed me to use those websites as testimonials. After those first couple then I started charging based on value.

When you're selling a website to a business you need to be asking them these questions:
    • Do you need new leads?
    • Do you think your business can handle more leads?
    • Do you have the budget for a website?
    • What do you want or need on the website?

You provide the value of how a website can help their business

Exactly. Starting off cheap to gain testimonials is fine. But realize your worth quick.

There are also other services can upsell as well.

-Managing their social media (FB pages, IG, twitter accounts)
    -Offering SEO packages
    -Setting they up on Google maps, Yelp, yellowpage, etc so ppl can find them
    (In addition to that, get that license thing from google that let's u take virtual 360 picture for the business)
    -Offer year round website support, hosting and domain managing

I'll be the one laughing after I'm done interviewing for a 150k job.

Undersold myself by a couple hundreds.

Fine.

I can officially call myself a web dev AND say I've worked with a client.

Throw that into my portfolio.

Gain more clients.

Charge them A LOT more with PROVEN work.

Get those interviews I've always wanted and have endless things to talk about.

The guy already hooked me up with someone who wants a subscription based website which is going to need way more tools that I can charge accordingly.

I don't even want clients. I want to work for a company (who most-likely will have them). But at least I can say I've had one. And that puts me ahead of all those other applicants who've never done work for another human being other than themselves.

I'm playing the game here.

Maximum returns are coming my way.
    Out of everything I said, you let it get to your ego and make yourself sound like a complet ass.

Here's some advice for you, first urself u phaggot. Negged
    King MANLET the 3rd

Location: Merseyside, The North, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    took a screenshot of OP's latest project:

Spoiler!
    fist yourself

Out of everything I said, you let it get to your ego and make yourself sound like a complet ass.

Here's some advice for you, first urself u phaggot. Negged
    Being reasonable with my situation makes me an ass?
    Lol. Gtfo.

Since you're too stupid to read & comprehend the contents of this thread.

Being reasonable with my situation makes me an ass?
    Lol. Gtfo.

Since you're too stupid to read & comprehend the contents of this thread.
    Instead of taking the time to have a lucrative discussion you decided to use that opportunity to stroke you ego. Not sure if srs

Wish I could neg u twice.

Phaggot
    King MANLET the 3rd

🇧 🇮 🇹 🇨 🇭 🇮 🇳꧁꧂ DesiredUserphag's Avatar
    DesiredUserphag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DesiredUserphag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DesiredUserphag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DesiredUserphag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DesiredUserphag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DesiredUserphag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DesiredUserphag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DesiredUserphag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DesiredUserphag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DesiredUserphag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DesiredUserphag has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Now you only have to make 666 more pages to break 6 figs boyo!

Originally Posted by BustaCapp View Post
    took a screenshot of OP's latest project:

Spoiler!
    lol
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Wink

Instead of taking the time to have a lucrative discussion you decided to use that opportunity to stroke you ego. Not sure if srs

Wish I could neg u twice.

Phaggot
    coming in here like the messiah. as if i won't charge him for every other service he wants to make up for the grand package

lmfao

Since you like negs so much why don't you have one

Originally Posted by DesiredUserphag View Post
    Now you only have to make 666 more pages to break 6 figs boyo!
    looks like we're eating bread tonight

BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    but who was squarespace, wix etc

who makes webpages these days when any pleb can upload some pics to a template and have a fully functioning commercial website in minutes?
    fist yourself

Originally Posted by BustaCapp View Post
    but who was squarespace, wix etc

who makes webpages these days when any pleb can upload some pics to a template and have a fully functioning commercial website in minutes?

Business owners are busy with other stuff
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Business owners are busy with other stuff
    No they're not, the websites are already built, it would take less time to buy a template than hire somebody to make one.
    fist yourself