ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Pain Mid Thigh (IT Band?) When Squatting

I am having pain on the outside part of my left thigh while squatting. It looks like it is an area where the IT band runs across but I do not have any knee pain which leads me to believe it's at least not IT Band Syndrome. Could this still be an IT band issue or something else? I took a couple months off any leg work to give it rest and as soon as I try a very light weight squat again it starts hurting so I don't think rest is going to fix it. Throughout the normal course of the day it's not even noticeable, perhaps when I stand from a low position and/or do a body weight squat.

Any ideas?

JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How much stretching do you do? Have you invested in a foam roller? Try foam rolling that area out and do some stretching if you aren't already. Can you describe the pain? Shooting pain, stabbing pain, etc?
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Misc Crew

Combat Veterans Crew

ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JontheAtheist View Post
    How much stretching do you do? Have you invested in a foam roller? Try foam rolling that area out and do some stretching if you aren't already. Can you describe the pain? Shooting pain, stabbing pain, etc?
    I don't do as much stretching as I used to. I typically stretch for about 45 min to an hour a couple times a week. I have a foam roller but it only makes it feel better for a short duration after. It is a stabbing pain about mid thigh on the outside of my thigh but closer to where my thumb would be when I keep my arms at my side.