Veltioso is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is my weight loss plan okay?

I've set myself a weight loss goal and changed my diet this week, please let me know if anything should be changed. Any general tips or advice would also be very much appreciated!

Information
    Male, 22 yrs.
    Height: 170cm (5'7")
    Weight: 83kg (183lbs)

Goal
    Lose at least 1kg per week, until I've lost a total of 13kg.

Diet & Exercise
    I've been eating around 1000-1300 calories per day. I'm mostly sedentary, but will start exercising more.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000)
    Where's the plan?
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Veltioso is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Where's the plan?
    Eating that amount of calories per day is pretty much the plan so far, I wanna know if it’s a good caloric deficit for my gender/age/height/weight or if I should change it.

XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It would surely work if you could keep to that plan as that is an insanely low amount but maintaining that caloric amount for any extended period of time will be very difficult and the chances that you fail and binge effectively raising that number to a more reasonable amount or give up is high. I would start with more than that and adjust as you go.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Veltioso View Post
    I've set myself a weight loss goal and changed my diet this week, please let me know if anything should be changed. Any general tips or advice would also be very much appreciated!

Information
    Male, 22 yrs.
    Height: 170cm (5'7")
    Weight: 83kg (183lbs)

Goal
    Lose at least 1kg per week, until I've lost a total of 13kg.

Diet & Exercise
    I've been eating around 1000-1300 calories per day. I'm mostly sedentary, but will start exercising more.
    No, it's not likely to be a good plan. People throw around "1 to 2 lbs per week is a good rate of loss" all the time and then everybody thinks they can hit the higher end of it. It's unlikely that you will be able to sustain such a calorie deficit and rate of loss longer than a couple of weeks. Between a likely lack of the required macronutrients (protein and/or fat) and energy (which likely will keep you from following through on resistance exercise which is necessary in order to prevent muscle loss) you will burn out very shortly.

nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000)
    A typical recommended goal is weight loss of 1% bodyweight per week. In your case, that would mean starting with a daily caloric deficit of ~900 calories. If you consume significantly less calories than this, you could start losing muscle and your odds of sticking to the diet decrease.

Eating 1000-1300 calories sounds like torture but if your TDEE is really low, it may work out for you. It would be a good idea to track your progress via measurements or photos.. but it would be more important to track how you actually feel. If you feel much better on a more conservative deficit, I'd suggest that.

Also try to figure out your TDEE. Providing that info in your post could help everyone give you a slightly more informative answer.
    The only way to do something is to do it

Squat -> 255lb 5RM
    Deadlift -> 280lb 5RM
    Bench -> 185lb 5RM