willtolive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question US Chicken Breast Problem

*I looked at other forum Topic Headlines and this question seems to fit best here, even though it is more about money than nutrition. Please let me know where to repost if there is a better place to put this question.

I have been living in Seoul, South Korea for 8 years but coming back to live in the US this coming summer. When I came back to visit last summer I was shocked at 1) the prices for chicken breast 2) the quality of the chicken breast in the supermarkets.

In Korea (which hardly should have better price and quality than a huge country like the US) I can order 5kgs of chicken breast, that is relatively free from extra fat or "rib meat," for about 28.00$usd (See pictures attached)

When I visited all the grocery stores they were filled with bags like this for a similar price but the cuts of chicken were HORRIBLE. I could eat maybe half of it and the other half I had to throw away because it was all fat or gritty meat I would feed my dogs. The good cuts I could find, which usually came in pieces of 4 (styrofoam packages) were well over double in price than I can get here in Korea for the same cut and quality.

Hence why I am posting. Where is the best place (online/walk-in) where I can order good quality chicken breast for a relatively fair price? Would love suggestions or wisdom. I wasn't expecting to pay double for the same thing in the States. I thought I would have better options and CHEAPER prices.

Thanks for your time and responses!
    Attached Images

rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had the same problem and ended up joining Sam's Club where they have organic, free range NON-GMO chicken breast and tenderloins. It's more expensive than the chicken you see at Walmart or other stores. But it is cheap for the quality level. I buy 16 lbs at a time and freeze it. I consume way too much chicken to be eating crap.
    The three D's - Desire, Determination and Dedication!

MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lol at buying chicken. Get a chicken coop. Basically no cost to raise chickens. Fresh eggs everyday. Meat whenever you want it.

That's how I do. Sheep make me $ selling the wool. Lamb meat all day. Just had 5 new lambs birthed this week alone. Chickens give me eggs and meat. Turkey give me eggs and meat. All you need is a little land bruh.
    Alcoholism is a disease of the whole person. Sober since May 2011.

Originally Posted by rjoylo2008 View Post
    I had the same problem and ended up joining Sam's Club where they have organic, free range NON-GMO chicken breast and tenderloins. It's more expensive than the chicken you see at Walmart or other stores. But it is cheap for the quality level. I buy 16 lbs at a time and freeze it. I consume way too much chicken to be eating crap.
    Great idea, appreciate the response...would you say Costco is similar?

Originally Posted by MtMostWanted View Post
    Lol at buying chicken. Get a chicken coop. Basically no cost to raise chickens. Fresh eggs everyday. Meat whenever you want it.

That's how I do. Sheep make me $ selling the wool. Lamb meat all day. Just had 5 new lambs birthed this week alone. Chickens give me eggs and meat. Turkey give me eggs and meat. All you need is a little land bruh.
    Haha, I am not much of a farmer...will buy chicken breast from you if you do all the dirty work!

Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100)
    I agree some of the chicken I bought had rib meat in it and it tasted like crap. All gritty

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MtMostWanted View Post

Right because everyone lives on a farm...
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Right because everyone lives on a farm...
    Hahahahahaha right, im 23 and barely even own a vehicle

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wait til you see the cost of healthcare.

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had been eating pre-marinated pieces of chitty chicken all this while. Basically for the last 8 months or so. Premarinated bought and baked at home.

For breakfast, I usually eat couple whole wheat toasts, 6 egg whites and 6oz chicken (pre marinated baked in oven at home type) along with some fruit, tea/coffee and veggie in omelette and maybe a small cookie or belvita or something sweet but small. Usually about 700 to 800 calories.

I went and ate breakfast at a Restauraunt last weekend and ate almost the same thing except that their chicken was probably different and it was made into a burrito with black beans wrapped in whole wheat tortilla. Almost the same amount of calories. Fuk, a few hours later or so later, I could feel my muscles swelling - it felt as if I could feel that my muscles were actually growing. I know they were not - Weird feeling but you may know what I’m talking about.

So I connected the dots and I think that fuking chicken I was eating is probably crap. I went to sams, bought 3 of those packages you’re talking about. Washed them, and tossed each one in chicken fry and individually wrapped them raw in foil and froze them.

Take one out of the freezer and toss again in chicken fry (flour) and throw in the oven at 410 degrees for 30 minutes. Finger licking good!! haha eat as a sandwich, or by itself with ranch / buffalo sauce or honey mustard. Amazing.

And I can feel a difference already in a week. It was chit chicken I think - quality of food does matter!! I feel it already in just a few days...I feel like I’m growing better and more powerful in the gym.
    **^^ gone ^^**

rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by willtolive View Post
    Great idea, appreciate the response...would you say Costco is similar?
    Not sure. I was at Sam's several months ago and they didn't have it. Just recently saw it and immediately grabbed a bunch. That at my local supermarket is very pricey.

Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    I had been eating pre-marinated pieces of chitty chicken all this while. Basically for the last 8 months or so. Premarinated bought and baked at home.

For breakfast, I usually eat couple whole wheat toasts, 6 egg whites and 6oz chicken (pre marinated baked in oven at home type) along with some fruit, tea/coffee and veggie in omelette and maybe a small cookie or belvita or something sweet but small. Usually about 700 to 800 calories.

I went and ate breakfast at a Restauraunt last weekend and ate almost the same thing except that their chicken was probably different and it was made into a burrito with black beans wrapped in whole wheat tortilla. Almost the same amount of calories. Fuk, a few hours later or so later, I could feel my muscles swelling - it felt as if I could feel that my muscles were actually growing. I know they were not - Weird feeling but you may know what I’m talking about.

So I connected the dots and I think that fuking chicken I was eating is probably crap. I went to sams, bought 3 of those packages you’re talking about. Washed them, and tossed each one in chicken fry and individually wrapped them raw in foil and froze them.

Take one out of the freezer and toss again in chicken fry (flour) and throw in the oven at 410 degrees for 30 minutes. Finger licking good!! haha eat as a sandwich, or by itself with ranch / buffalo sauce or honey mustard. Amazing.

And I can feel a difference already in a week. It was chit chicken I think - quality of food does matter!! I feel it already in just a few days...I feel like I’m growing better and more powerful in the gym.
    Yeah nothing like quality protein for a deal!
    The three D's - Desire, Determination and Dedication!

Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    Wait til you see the cost of healthcare.
    Yea, not looking forward to ****ing car expenses either...transportation here is the best in the world. Cheap and easy. Car price, car insurance, gas, fixing....Before coming to Korea I never realized how much of a money sink cars are...completely ridiculous.

Not sure. I was at Sam's several months ago and they didn't have it. Just recently saw it and immediately grabbed a bunch. That at my local supermarket is very pricey.
    I am seriously surprised with the fact that chicken breast is so hard to come by for a good cut and price...ugggh