Reply
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Registered User JJ702's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    JJ702 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JJ702 is offline

    Anyone have experience with CAP full cage Power Rack?

    Supposedly it can hold up to 600 pounds.

    Did you drop weight on the safety bars?

    I can get it for free.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User jdforsy's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: Colorado, United States
    Age: 40
    Posts: 1,671
    Rep Power: 13879
    jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    jdforsy is offline
    Originally Posted by JJ702 View Post
    Supposedly it can hold up to 600 pounds.

    Did you drop weight on the safety bars?

    I can get it for free.
    garbagebuy something with minimum 11 gauge steel
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #66 ▪█──────█▪

    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #44 []---[]

    My home gym https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1552985721#post1552985721
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User JJ702's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    JJ702 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JJ702 is offline
    Originally Posted by jdforsy View Post
    garbagebuy something with minimum 11 gauge steel
    It says it's 12 and 14 gauge steel tubing.

    Figured it wouldnt be good, but its 100% free. You think its not even safe for no more than 300 pounds?
    Last edited by JJ702; 01-14-2020 at 08:19 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User TheShadowMan's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 2,135
    Rep Power: 12849
    TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    TheShadowMan is offline
    I've not had the greatest luck with Cap equipment. Broken dumbbells and weight plates, so I don't trust the brand that much now. But for free, there isn't much to lose here. Even still, i'd check the condition of the rack first hand and see if it looks stable or not. Maybe ask the guy if you can do some test lifts inside and outside of it, to get a better idea of what you'll be working with, if you do decide to add it to your collection. If possible, take a friend with who's knowledgeable about fitness equipment, and discuss it with him while you're there, for a second opinion. When someone lists something as free, usually it means they're near desperate to unload it, so that would also make me a tad cautious as well.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

    Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User JJ702's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    JJ702 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JJ702 is offline
    Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    I've not had the greatest luck with Cap equipment. Broken dumbbells and weight plates, so I don't trust the brand that much now. But for free, there isn't much to lose here. Even still, i'd check the condition of the rack first hand and see if it looks stable or not. Maybe ask the guy if you can do some test lifts inside and outside of it, to get a better idea of what you'll be working with, if you do decide to add it to your collection. If possible, take a friend with who's knowledgeable about fitness equipment, and discuss it with him while you're there, for a second opinion. When someone lists something as free, usually it means they're near desperate to unload it, so that would also make me a tad cautious as well.

    It's not actually used. It's from Amazon. It's free because the box is damaged and it has minor scratches on the paint. It was listed as $140 which my giftcard covered. Customer service said I could return it if I'm unhappy with it.

    If it doesn't seem sturdy I was just going to return and put the money towards another 6 foot rack. Maybe Titan T-2 or a TDS rack.

    None of my friends are knowledgeable about fitness.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User TheShadowMan's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 2,135
    Rep Power: 12849
    TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    TheShadowMan is offline
    Originally Posted by JJ702 View Post
    It's not actually used. It's from Amazon. It's free because the box is damaged and it has minor scratches on the paint. It was listed as $140 which my giftcard covered. Customer service said I could return it if I'm unhappy with it.

    If it doesn't seem sturdy I was just going to return and put the money towards another 6 foot rack. Maybe Titan T-2 or a TDS rack.

    None of my friends are knowledgeable about fitness.
    TDS is excellent quality, I go through them for a number of items - have yet to be disappointed. Not bad on pricing either(depending on what you buy there), though not quite as inexpensive as Titan - whom i'm also a fan of.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

    Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts