Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Workout question

Hi. I'm currently on cutting and i do push/pull/ legs split. Lifting for four months now. I was wondering how many exercises is enough per split. My push has 12 exercises 3 sets and 15 for pull, 11 for legs. I do mostly compound but add in a bit of isolation movements. Usually in the gym for an hour.

nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Given what you've said, I'm assuming you're still putting together a proper structure for a fitness routine.

For starters, I would recommend searching for a freely available program for beginners if you aren't already on one. Many available programs will be informative and provide details for exercises, sets and reps. This will take away the guess work. All you have to do is make sure you actually follow through with the programs. By doing this, you will learn much about how your body reacts to training and certain exercises. At this point you can start modifying your routine as you see fit.

Four months isn't very long for lifting. Having said that, 3 very important factors in your long termfitness success are

1. Ensuring a progression based routine
    2. Nutrition relevant to your goals
    3. Adequate time for recovery

If you're set on your current routine, it might be a good idea to look up available push pull routines. Then you can compare the volume they have for exercises and incorporate changes in your routine.

If you were curious about some good foundational routines, Stronglifts and starting strength are great. They will help you build a strong foundation by focusing on major compound movements.
    The only way to do something is to do it

Squat -> 255lb 5RM
    Deadlift -> 280lb 5RM
    Bench -> 185lb 5RM

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How the heck do you do 12-15 exercises in an hour? If you can do that many exercises in an hour I can deduce that you're probably training extremely light, leaving a lot left in the tank after each movement. Most PPL's are in the 6-8 exercise range and you really only need to get in about 10-20 sets per body part each week.

Coolcicada PPL is a good program, I've been running a variation of this for well over a year now. https://liftvault.com/programs/stren...l-spreadsheet/
    Last edited by xsquid99; 01-14-2020 at 09:49 PM.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alvinthechip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't go light. My rest time is just low about 30 secs. Did it for a bit now and I don't see anything bad about it.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's no way you are doing 33-45 sets in an hour without the weight being light. With only 4 months of training experience, you'd likely be better off using an established program such as the one suggested above. No point in trying to reinvent the wheel when you've just learned how to draw a circle.

willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think there are a couple points here. First, it is difficult to tell how many exercises and sets are proper without knowing the intensity, weight, tempo and other factors. DC (dog crapp) training uses only 1 working set with failure and overloads and the proponents of that training report great results. Its also a split type system. Second, if you are truly a beginner, then don't attempt to reinvent the wheel. There are plenty of routines built by experts that will give you the workout and in doing these you are building the tools to eventually design your own (although you really never have to with the amount of routines designed by actual experts out there). Third, it sounds like 13-15 exercises with 3 sets each is quite a bit. If you are going heavy on all of them that is probably way to much.
    ".......have you paid your dues Jack?"
    "Yes Sir, the check is in the mail."

With the above suggested push/pull/leg program, I do increase the weight each set or same weight?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Alvinthechip View Post
    With the above suggested push/pull/leg program, I do increase the weight each set or same weight?
    ideally you don't want to have 12 exercises on your push day, let alone 15 exercises on your pull day... where did you find this program lol

what they're saying is that you aren't pushing yourself to the limit that way. if you do 3x5 squats with the highest weight you can, there is no way you're ready to pump out a new set after 30 seconds

how many sets and reps for hypertrophy?

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how many sets and reps for hypertrophy?
    If the best you can do is go to a fat loss forum to ask these questions, you are not ready to be designing your own program. Seriously, guy, there are many good beginner to early intermediate programs that already exists (see the Workout Programs section's sticked posts for examples.) Use one of them.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't go light. My rest time is just low about 30 secs.
    There is absolutely no way that you can be lifting heavy and doing 12-15 exercises and only resting for 30 seconds. If you're doing a heavy compound lift there is no way you can turn around 30 seconds later and complete the next set, it would take you a good 2-4 minutes to recover from the first set.

You should probably follow a beginner routine, like a 3 day full body. Go to the Workout Program Forum and check out the sticky threads, there are several listed there such as All Pro, Fierce 5 (the most popular), Vikings, etc.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't go light. My rest time is just low about 30 secs. Did it for a bit now and I don't see anything bad about it.
    If you can go again after 30 seconds, you're going light.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16