adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to keep at it when busy

So I was lifting weights, but lost motivation before I made noticeable progress. I'm a full time college student, and quite busy. I barely had enough motivation to get through this last semester of college, yet somehow managed to get good grades in all my classes.

I want to start at the weights again but don't want my grades to suffer. I know I could do it. I waste so much time (plenty that could be devoted to working out). Everyone needs leisure time, but I'm actually wasting time, not proper leisure.

I thought joining this forum would help keep me going. So what do you all think? How do you keep yourself from slacking even when you are busy and just want to stop?

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think it's extremely important to keep up your good grades! Congratulations!! It sounds like you're an intelligent person! Maintaining good grades and having enough fun and relaxing leisure time is important.

As far as training, can you find the time to use your college gym, either after your classes or in-between downtime? That's what I used to do back in the day. I used to go into the circus arts room for an hour, about 3x a week, and have lots of fun practicing tumbling and basic acrobatics (that was part of my resistance training, besides dance classes). It worked for me- kept me highly motivated and excelling in college, grade-wise. I only took time off during mid-terms, finals, long painful research papers and writing assignments (when needed!). Yes, it was a grind during these times. But it can be done if you find the right program that truly motivates you!

You mention you have dabbled in weights and are still interested in tackling them... Then why not just pick the right program to help you achieve your fitness goals? If you take a look at the workout programming sub-forum, at the top of the site, you'll see quite a few well-structured and professionally written weight training programs. And the "stickies" are good informative reads... Not trying to give you more reading assignments, sorry But they are very helpful at explaining both the basics, and giving more detailed info. Good luck! Keep your momentum going in college!!
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Decide which days you're going to work out, and what time, and then stick to that.

If I tell a client at work I'm going to meet with them, then I have to meet with them. If I tell the wife I'm going to take her somewhere, then I have to do it. Therefore when I commit to go to the gym 5 times in a week, I make myself do it because nobody is going to do it for me, and why should I fulfil my promises to everybody else but not to myself?

If you're efficient you only need 40-60 mins max to workout. Yes, that can add up to 5 hours a week but look at how much time people spend browsing the net, watching TV and generally doing things all week that aren't productive. Just get the hour done and you then have 23 more glorious hours for your studies, to eat, sleep or do whatever else you choose.

adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10) adriesba is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    They do have a gym at my college. I think they have bench presses or something. I haven't been over there in awhile. I should use they gym there though. There are so many times that I'll be sitting in the library trying to get stuff done, but I can't focus because my brain is just done for the day. I always have the urge to get up and move. I would typically walk around, but in the winter I'm stuck walking inside which annoys me. I should utilize those times of mental exhaustion to hit the gym. I have equipment at home, but by the time I'm home I'm even more tired. So using the gym there is probably the best idea.

tombakerim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tombakerim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tombakerim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tombakerim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tombakerim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tombakerim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tombakerim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tombakerim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tombakerim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tombakerim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tombakerim is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you're efficient you only need 40-60 mins max to workout. Yes, that can add up to 5 hours a week but look at how much time people spend browsing the net, watching TV and generally doing things all week that aren't productive. Just get the hour done and you then have 23 more glorious hours for your studies, to eat, sleep or do whatever else you choose.

Fishreeler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you say that there is no time, then you evade the essence of the question. It does not matter how much you work and how many responsibilities are poured on you every day, but there is always time for training. The problem is that most people believe that effective training is before the source of the article is a magazine in which everyone steals articles - BroDude.ru should take an hour or two. This is complete nonsense. If the day is very stressful, then we will not train for more than thirty minutes. If you can honestly tell us that you do not have thirty minutes to train, then you need to seriously look at your life and your priorities.