WjLA90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need HELP thanks in advance

I’m currently 185 I work out 6 to 7 day a week i eat around 15000 to 2000 calories a day mainly chicken and rice alot of ground turkey,turkey bacon,egg whites I’ll have snacks like apples and peanut butter and protein pancakes every now and then but I try to eat low carb low fat high protein for the most part.i also drink a protein shake 2 times a day..whey 100% gold standard,plant protein,pb2 and egg whites

I wanting to build more muscle but still stay lean as possible it took me so long to get we’re I am now I feel like if I eat more I’m going to get fat again...I use to weigh 229 it been a 18 month struggle but I’m still grinding away...so my question is am I going about it the right way and what could I do as far as nutrition wise to help me gain more muscle but stay lean

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by WjLA90 View Post
    I’m currently 185 I work out 6 to 7 day a week i eat around 15000 to 2000 calories a day mainly chicken and rice alot of ground turkey,turkey bacon,egg whites I’ll have snacks like apples and peanut butter and protein pancakes every now and then but I try to eat low carb low fat high protein for the most part.i also drink a protein shake 2 times a day..whey 100% gold standard,plant protein,pb2 and egg whites

I wanting to build more muscle but still stay lean as possible it took me so long to get we’re I am now I feel like if I eat more I’m going to get fat again...I use to weigh 229 it been a 18 month struggle but I’m still grinding away...so my question is am I going about it the right way and what could I do as far as nutrition wise to help me gain more muscle but stay lean
    Someone who is 5-11" and 185 eating 1500-2000 calories a day is very low considering how often you're training... even on a cut.

I'm not sure if you just ended the cut, but really its as simple as eating in a small surplus.... that's it.

So, figure out how many calories on average you burn per day, and add 200-300 to that number, then just focus on getting stronger on a good program... that will minimize fat gain.

However, if you're already 5-11" and 185, you're not going to build a ton of additional muscle unless your BF level is pretty high.
    The power of carbs compels me!

nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Like Adam said, 1500 to 2000 calories is pretty low considering your lifestyle..

If you managed to achieve some level of body recomposition (losing fat while gaining muscle) on your calorie deficit, the progress will have eventually stagnated. After this, the only way to gain lean muscle will be to continue training while in a caloric surplus.

Since your body is probably accustomed to a low calorie intake, suddenly increasing your calories drastically could cause an unwanted metabolic response. This could potentially cause rapid fat gain. Due to this, I would suggest slowly increasing calories (+50-100 each day) and tracking changes in bodyweight week to week. Taking photos will also help you see the changes. Once you reach about 200 to 300 calories above TDEE, keep your calorie intake there for a clean bulk.
    The only way to do something is to do it

Squat -> 255lb 5RM
    Deadlift -> 280lb 5RM
    Bench -> 175lb 5RM