sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

taxes dont matter - only whether or not the bargain benefits the people

basic, fundamental theory of government.

taxes are only half the equation

the other half is 'what do you get in return?"

its like buying a car (or literally anything). you shouldnt just complain about the cost - you should also consider, ya know, the car you got in return.

thats like someone buying a ferrari and being like THE DEALERSHIP TOOK $200k FROM ME as he speeds down the road in style and comfort.

so ask yourselves, are your taxes worth it?

i think not. i mean we get fuk all in return for it - and that's why we bitch about all the taxes. it doesnt feel like a bargain, does it? i mean are you happy with what we get in exchange for our taxes?

im not

in fact, i can think of very little i get personally in return for the taxes i pay which directly benefits my life and the lives of my family and friends.

it feels like a rip off, doesnt it?

where's our healthcare? where's our education? where's our daycare and subsidized fruits and vegetables? where is our solid paternity / maternity leave? these are some of the things of actual value that i'd be glad to pay taxes for.

alternatively, taxes should be the absolute bare minimum and we just pay for everything ourselves, so long as theres enforcement and protection from theft and scams etc - a true free market thats regulated just enough to protect consumers from fraud

Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sandy can't comprehend the difference between a voluntary and involuntary transaction.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sandaltan View Post

its like buying a car (or literally anything). you shouldnt just complain about the cost - you should also consider, ya know, the car you got in return.

thats like someone buying a ferrari and being like THE DEALERSHIP TOOK $200k FROM ME as he speeds down the road in style and comfort.

i think not. i mean we get fuk all in return for it - and that's why we bitch about all the taxes. it doesnt feel like a bargain, does it? i mean are you happy with what we get in exchange for our taxes?

im not

in fact, i can think of very little i get personally in return for the taxes i pay which directly benefits my life and the lives of my family and friends.

where's our healthcare? where's our education? where's our daycare and subsidized fruits and vegetables? where is our solid paternity / maternity leave? these are some of the things of actual value that i'd be glad to pay taxes for.

alternatively, taxes should be the absolute bare minimum and we just pay for everything ourselves, so long as theres enforcement and protection from theft and scams etc - a true free market thats regulated just enough to protect consumers from fraud

Give me 50-75% of your salary, and i'll take care of your health insurance, pay for your education, daycare and your groceries. You'll never have to worry about it. Oh, and don't complain about the quality since i'm doing you the favor. If you agree, you can never back out of it or i'll ****ing destroy you.. Deal? C,mon, it's a bargain.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves - William Pitt the Younger
    Last edited by Thankless; 01-14-2020 at 03:45 PM.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Taxes are a necessary evil. Unfortunately we as individuals will never come to unanimous agreement on how the money is spent.

I believe the discussion should not be, for now, focused on who is taxed and by how much, but instead focus on government wasteful spending and misappropriation of funds.
    Currently: traveling

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands - 2020

scheal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scheal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scheal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scheal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scheal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scheal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scheal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scheal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scheal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scheal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scheal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sandaltan View Post

im not

Why are my taxes going to illegals and allowing them free healthcare?
    Why are my taxes going to schools that allow illegals to go free of charge?

Why are my taxes not going to ICE to deport these leeches quicker than they can hide?

For once I agree with you
    Elizabeth Warren
    @BlackWomxnFor
    ! Black trans and cis women, gender-nonconforming, and nonbinary people are the backbone of our democracy

Medallion Wearing CEO10k Ephedra's Avatar
    Ephedra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ephedra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ephedra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ephedra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ephedra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ephedra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ephedra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ephedra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ephedra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ephedra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ephedra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I paid 60k+ in combined taxes last year while you probably will net out at even after refund. Come talk when you have skin in the game.

Meanwhile, you're voting for those who want to raise our taxes substantially more to provide for the scum of our society. Liberals don't believe in self-sufficiency.

Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000) Thankless is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Those who can't afford the above, already get it subsidized by tax payers (food stamps, housing, medicare/medicaid, etc). Those who can afford the above already pay for those who can't. Why expand these government programs to make them universal and force them on everyone? This would only increase taxes even further. All this does is force people to either use these programs which they would now be forced to pay through their increased taxes or go out and look for better private options, which would mean they're effectively paying more for the same service which will decline quality wise. Who does this benefit apart from the government? I don't like the idea of increasing taxes across the board to benefit the few while hurting everyone else.

BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BearyManilowe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Taxes are a necessary evil. Unfortunately we as individuals will never come to unanimous agreement on how the money is spent.

I believe the discussion should not be, for now, focused on who is taxed and by how much, but instead focus on government wasteful spending and misappropriation of funds.
    This. Wasteful spending is a much bigger problem than taxation imo.

Has anyone noticed sandaltan just recreating the same 3 or 4 threads lately? I think the bot finally broke.
    ***Mariah Carey is my 10/10 Crew***