FtwBadMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question I finally reached the end with myself now on insulin made my own 5x10 program

Well, I have been kicking my own ass for years knowing that living as a 350-pound person will start to kill me and its starting, I have been very sick the last month nauseous hot flashes unexplained sick feeling, I finally made an appointment and my a1c was through the roof, they had to stick me with insulin in the office and give me an IV, also I have to Inject myself with insulin every day before bed.

So I have always BSed around with cardio workouts on youtube, 45 minutes on my elliptical every now and again but no results and no fun in doing so, I know I have to change my diet drastically which I have started but when it comes to fitness I'm going to go full-on weights I aim for one hour a day I have my playlist ready and the lifts picked out, it looks like this I'm going to finish all sets and reps and if an hour has not passed I'm going to start from the top until the hour is up.

- Squats 5x10
    - dumbbell floor press 5x10
    - Overhead Press 5x10

can you guys give me anymore lifts to add to this routine to make it flow smoother?

I have a Cage 45lb Olympic bar, curl bar, dumbbells, and 300lbs of plates no bench

Thanks for any help

randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000)
    I went from 210 to 140 pounds by stopping drinking alcohol and running a 5k three times a week. Took a year or two, not sure exactly how long as i didn't own a scale and weighed only at the doctor's office. It is strange because i am back up to 190 but am in far better shape. My 65 year old mom went from 300 to 170 by eating one modest meal a day and walking around her neighborhood at a brisk pace every day. My 70 year old dad went from 260 to 160 by eating half as much at dinner time and never eating dessert.

Even now, i can barely make it 10 minutes on an elliptical straight. If you can really do 45 minutes on an elliptical while just BSing around, then you either have very strong legs or an elliptical that is nearly a perpetual machine and takes only a smidge of effort to keep it going.

I understand how it is to have a strong desire to get results and make drastic changes. But the diet change is necessary and permanent change you need, and it may very well affect your energy levels during the day time. I would get your diet straight first and then once you adapt to that, then start exercising. Exercising usually increases feelings of hunger and doing too much at once will have a strong mental and physcial affect on you that can turn that strong desire you have now into feeling of helplessness.

JJ702 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to be diabetic but reversed it. Honestly I would avoid cardio. It just made me hungry. The most important thing is getting your diet in check or all the exercise in the world wont matter. Ask your doctor about getting on keto diet. On keto you can get off insulin and will drop weight fast. You might even be able to reverse your diabetes. It's been a couple years now and I've kept the weight off and my whenever I get blood work it comes back fine. I don't take insulin, metformin or anything.

What's your goal weight?

FtwBadMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JJ702 View Post
    I used to be diabetic but reversed it. Honestly I would avoid cardio. It just made me hungry. The most important thing is getting your diet in check or all the exercise in the world wont matter. Ask your doctor about getting on keto diet. On keto you can get off insulin and will drop weight fast. You might even be able to reverse your diabetes. It's been a couple years now and I've kept the weight off and my whenever I get blood work it comes back fine. I don't take insulin, metformin or anything.

What's your goal weight?
    My goal weight right now is 240 being that I am 340