RedPillBill is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Imagine that you're in jail

and you have a few dumbells, a cheap weight bench, and some resistance bands your wife bought you from 5 below. Thats what my career is like. Think check cashing business, where you just SIT all day and wait for customers to walk in the door. 10 hour days. If you were in my position what would you do to get a body that you love?

Right now I am skinny fat, I just dropped 50lbs last year by using intermittent fasting. 5'11 190lbs on a plateau for 4 months fml. I am naturally pretty big, I really really enjoy IF and dont want to stop, but I am worried that I will get too skinny. I want to build a nice looking body.

I need guidance on a few things:
    Should I do small workouts all throughout the day? Or 1 big 90 minute workout?
    When I am fasted my muscles do not get sore while I am exercising, its the strangest thing. I hit muscle failure without feeling sore first. I also do not get DOMS lately. I push myself pretty hard, but do not get muscle soreness during or after a workout. After a hard workout I am very tired the next morning, but not sore in specific muscles. If I eat before a workout I often feel soreness in my biceps before failure
    Is a cheaper $40 incline bench from walmart worth the space to do crunches on?

I appreciate any advice. Is this the same BB thats been around since 2001? Wow....time flies...I remember this website from 19 years ago. Scary thought right there - life goes by fast. 2001 seems like it was only yesterday.

WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RedPillBill View Post
    and you have a few dumbells, a cheap weight bench, and some resistance bands your wife bought you from 5 below. Thats what my career is like. Think check cashing business, where you just SIT all day and wait for customers to walk in the door. 10 hour days. If you were in my position what would you do to get a body that you love?

Right now I am skinny fat, I just dropped 50lbs last year by using intermittent fasting. 5'11 190lbs on a plateau for 4 months fml. I am naturally pretty big, I really really enjoy IF and dont want to stop, but I am worried that I will get too skinny. I want to build a nice looking body.

I need guidance on a few things:
    Should I do small workouts all throughout the day? Or 1 big 90 minute workout?
    When I am fasted my muscles do not get sore while I am exercising, its the strangest thing. I hit muscle failure without feeling sore first. I also do not get DOMS lately. I push myself pretty hard, but do not get muscle soreness during or after a workout. After a hard workout I am very tired the next morning, but not sore in specific muscles. If I eat before a workout I often feel soreness in my biceps before failure
    Is a cheaper $40 incline bench from walmart worth the space to do crunches on?

I appreciate any advice. Is this the same BB thats been around since 2001? Wow....time flies...I remember this website from 19 years ago. Scary thought right there - life goes by fast. 2001 seems like it was only yesterday.
    Coming from an ex convict who spent 5 years in the Feds, 3 years in state. You don't want to imagine yourself in prison. Despite the false crap you read on the internet. It's not like what you read. People claim prisoners are "fed good." That's all bs. In the prison system you starve unless a.) you have a hustle or b.) a family that helps you out. The only thing you want from a prisoner is their mentality to go hard or go home. Otherwise, your much better off without thinking prison. Out here you have unlimited resources to food, supplements, equipment, comfortable beds (instead of sleeping on a metal rack because it's 110 degrees in a cell and you refuse to lay on a sweat filled cot.) You have everything you need out here. The thing most people don't have out here, is the prisoner mentality.

I came out here with a prison mentality and now have unlimited resources and it's paid off in my training. Not to brag, but it honestly has. My advice is don't make things complicated. Go focus on Weighted Dips, Weighted Pull Ups, Deadlifts, Squats, Chin-Ups, Dumbell Presses, and Overhead Presses. Then focus on eating calorie surplus, thousands of calories a day, and lots of protein. Find you some music that gets you motivated and go at it everyday, stay consistent, and use progressive overload to increase your weight every week, and you'll grow I promise. When you make things too complicated, get into reading hours of online crap everyday, and doing 100 different movements in the gym like I see people do everyday, that's when you become like one of them. This is one of my biggest peeves about the free world. I go to the gym daily and see people doing 100 different exercises, and don't look like they've grown an inch from month to month. They make things too complicated and forget the basics like progressive overload, adding weight, and eating. It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by WeightedDip; 01-14-2020 at 06:31 PM.

RedPillBill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Solid advice, I already made the mistake of making things too complicated and reading too much technical stuff. Instead of googling and reading articles I will just hit the weights and go at it. I have weak elbows tho so going every day is hard with that