CorHoon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does strength training make it harder to get bulkier/tear muscles/ripped?

I might be confused on this, but doing 1-3 rep sets of my max or close to it vs doing 12-15 reps and increasing my weight as 12-15 becomes too easy.

From what i think i remember reading anything over 15 is basically cardio and 8-15 is bulking 1-5 is strength.

Can you get bulky/ripped from solely strength training is my main question? Should you mix both?

Also i was thinking of working out 1-2 times a day for 6 days a week of solely weight training (no cardio). How much total time is optimal? And how much is too much? Or is just listen to your body the answer?

FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes you can gain plenty of size with 1-5 reps (3-5 to be more exact). It won't be what you could gain with 5-12ish range, but if you're eating enough you will definitely put on size.

Training intensity and rest periods also matter.

5 is a good number for a beginner. Enough reps to illicit size gain, low enough to progressively add weight and increase strength, which will create the perfect platform to run a "size" based routine off of in the future. This is the fastest way to measurable gains.

If you want to go twice a day, dedicate the second session to cardio.

What are your goals? Age, weight, height, lifting numbers and years of experience?

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those numbers are not only a meme, but wrong. Vary your rep ranges, it's not only logical, but scientifically proven to be superior.
    Don't train twice a day, unless your sessions are shorter.
    "Strength" training is a bit of a cope for people who are unaesthetic anyway.

CorHoon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FurtadoZ9 View Post
    Yes you can gain plenty of size with 1-5 reps (3-5 to be more exact). It won't be what you could gain with 5-12ish range, but if you're eating enough you will definitely put on size.

Training intensity and rest periods also matter.

5 is a good number for a beginner. Enough reps to illicit size gain, low enough to progressively add weight and increase strength, which will create the perfect platform to run a "size" based routine off of in the future. This is the fastest way to measurable gains.

If you want to go twice a day, dedicate the second session to cardio.

What are your goals? Age, weight, height, lifting numbers and years of experience?
    28, 150, 6ft, don't know my maxes, and work out a lot at planet fitness and at home, but in recent times i have not been doing much of any exercises. I have a 100lb bar bell and an adjustable dumbbell up to 35 lbs (gave other dumbbell to nephew).

Also, so once a day for how long? 30 minutes, 1 hour? Or to failure/close to failure?

I want to both look and be strong. I am trying to eat more too.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    General bodybuilder training will make you a lot stronger. You won't have the same peak (1 rep maximum) bench, squat and deadlift as a powerlifter but that's because your training isn't specific to that purpose.

Most strength comes from the size of a muscle. The remaining part is down to neural training and other factors you don't have any control over (like leverages).

Read this:

https://www.paleofx.com/3-reasons-yo...-bodybuilding/

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    depends what variables you constitute as strength training

strength and size are very related to each other, especially the more advanced you become.

as mentioned, use a variety of rep ranges

a sweet spot for compound movements for "optimal strength and size" is probably around 5-8 reps and around 10-15 reps for isolation movements. It'll be these rep ranges where most of your volume will probably come from. But there's no reason why you couldn't include sets of 3 or sets of 20. Anything lower than 3 probably isn't needed if you want to accumulate volume for size and anything over 20 is pretty questionable or very very circumstantial at best.

Size and strength come from a wide variety of rep ranges. You can't just simply do sets of 10 forever and think you'll perpetually gain size or at the very least, it's not as optimal.