Thread: Cut/Bulk Query

joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Cut/Bulk Query

Hi all,

So my question is, ‘with the below routine, will my muscles grow, whilst keeping lean?’

Nutrition
    - I eat at 500 cal deficit 5 days a week (on lifting days)
    - I eat at 500/750 cal surplus 2 days a week (on non-lifting days)

Lifting
    - I always progressive overload, despite being at a calorie deficit for the week
    - I believe I am getting stronger

My hope:
    - That the 2 days at cal surplus grows my muscles (even though they're on non-lifting days).
    - The 5 days in cal deficit will keep the fat level low

Thanks in advance

Josh

pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500)
    lollll cool theory but.......no....smh

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No, it's been tried a gazllion times. The problem is that the energy reserves in the body are larger than you think - so you can't get into an efficient fat burning mode in just a few hours or even days.

The overall effect is similar to if you ate the same average calories per day.

Muscle gain does happen in a mild deficit - but it's easy for it to stop happening and for you to spin your wheels. Better to be certain and focus on one goal at a time. This will actually be fast IMO compared to trying to do both at the same time.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    one more time: no

joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joshsparkes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How come I can keep lifting more then despite being at an overall deficit (I think)? I think I'm getting a bit bigger.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by joshsparkes View Post
    (I think)? I think I'm getting a bit bigger.
    I can 'think' all you want... doesn't make it true
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"