richv24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Side chest targeting?

So I do all types of chest exercises throughout the week. Incline, flat, decline, & flys. My my chest has progressed really well but since i have lost a lot of weight in the past the side of my chest near the arm pits are a little on the flabby side. Are there exercises that target the side of the chest more?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can't target the side chest, either in terms of pec training or fat loss.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    You can't target the side chest, either in terms of pec training or fat loss.
    This

Having said that though, the more muscle mass you put on, the less visible loose skin will appear (There are extreme situations requiring invasive surgery to remove excess skin but I dont believe this is your case)
    The only way to do something is to do it

Squat -> 255lb 5RM
    Deadlift -> 280lb 5RM
    Bench -> 185lb 5RM

fairOne777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fairOne777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fairOne777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fairOne777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fairOne777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fairOne777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fairOne777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fairOne777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fairOne777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fairOne777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fairOne777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by richv24 View Post
    So I do all types of chest exercises throughout the week. Incline, flat, decline, & flys. My my chest has progressed really well but since i have lost a lot of weight in the past the side of my chest near the arm pits are a little on the flabby side. Are there exercises that target the side of the chest more?
    With benching, wider grip will help target outer areas more whereas narrower grip will hit "inner chest" (and triceps too btw) more.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would call it outer chest.
    As mentioned its true you cannot train a specific area with out others area getting involved.
    You can though direct more stress to an area.
    Bench pressing with a wide grip,elbows more out to the sides, can help.
    DB or cable flys focusing on the same technique elbows out.
    Be careful though the elbow out position can be a shoulder wrecker so start with a light weight and only go to a moderate weight working to get a feel on the target area.
    Also push ups with this same arm position hits that area.

richv24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Perfect. thanks guys. I actually just ended up switching to a wider grip on bench as i feel more of stretch. I'll keep at it and see if there are any improvements.

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try wide grip floor press