Davidtrains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bench Press/Chest Press correctly (HELP)

So my right arm is suffering from golfers elbow from bench press. Currently I am not doing Bench Press, but only Chest Press with my left arm. I have taken about 3-4 weeks off with my right arm to let it heal but it still hurts.

I am trying to experiment with my left arm using the Chest Press to figure out how to do it correctly. Today I had the arm around at nipple height, and I tried to have as wide grip as possible, but it still hurts. Last time I tried to hold a smaller grip at nipple height, but it still hurt.

After doing a 5x3x60kg Chest Press using ONLY my left arm, I am currently feeling a slight pain in my elbow even though the workout was about 1 hour ago. I don't feel anything in my chest or wrists.

What can I do to avoid this pain? Is my chest/wrists so much stronger than the things in the elbow?

I never warmed up before but I will try that next time, using a rubber band to stretch my muscles. I am also considering buying elbow sleeves to support my elbows.

Some youtube videos say I should do "REVERSE CURLS"? What do you guys think?

Best regards, me
    Last edited by Davidtrains; 01-13-2020 at 12:56 PM.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    grip width dictates touch point on bench, you shouldnt be teaching high up with a closer grip.

try close grip with packed shoulders and let the bar touch where wrist, elbow stack
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee