chase55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help! posterior shoulder impingement (aka internal impingement)

So I have been suffering from pain in the back of the shoulder and I believe I have narrowed it down to posterior impingement (posterior entrapment or internal impingement). The pain is like a dull ache that comes and goes but is never gone for lone. When I externally rotated it pops or clicks and feels a slight release. When I press upwards or stretch overhead the top 3 or 4” of the movement feels like a stiffness or tightness in the back of my shoulder. Narrow grip pull downs, deadlifts, some pressing, and reverse flys all irritate it. I think I injured it when I was benching and externally rotated the ball of my humerus super hard instead of the entire shoulder girdle. I have this to an extent in both shoulders. I find immediate relief after I do the sleeper stretch, but it seems to always return. This isn’t the typical impingement with the supraspinatus, but more so the infraspinatus or teres minor. The typically prescription of ERs, strengthen your rhomboids, bar hangs, etc haven’t seemed to help. Has anyone had this and fixed it? I really trying to get back in the gym full speed and this is hampering my performance. Thanks in advance

about tree fiddy keyboardworkout's Avatar
    keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have had both of my shoulders decompressed. However, I still get pain in the back of the shoulder sometimes. I think I have narrowed it down to subscapular bursitis.

Just something else to think of.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    See a medical professional,maybe a chiropractor or physical therapist preferably someone that works with athletes..
    Members on the forum unless they declare so ,are not medical professionals to give advise.
    You need someone to actually look at you hands on,maybe an X ray or MRI to give you an accurate diagnosis.