ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Not gaining weight but have been measuring my calories for months with no problems.

Male, 5ft7, 72kg, been training 11 months. Was consistently gaining weight, plateaued, checked my caloric requirements based on doing "intense exercise 3-4 times a week" (I do 3-4 full body workouts a week), upped my calories from 3000 to 3150 for 2 weeks, still didn't gain any weight. How is this possible when I've been weighing every single piece of food to the gram since I started just under a year ago? I began smoking weed more consistently over the last few months - could that have anything to do with it? I'm going to up my daily calories to 3300 and see if I've upped my weight by 1lb by the end of the week, but I don't understand why my body in particular needs so many more calories than other guys I know who work out, who are the same height, age, etc...

If you think it's something to do with what I eat, on average I have:

-500g of Greek yogurt with 180g of red grapes.
    -4 Tortilla wraps with 200g of chicken (fried with 20g of rapeseed oil and seasoned with salt)
    -200g of chips with 100g of chicken (fried with 10g of rapeseed oil and seasoned with salt).
    -100g of milk chocolate.
    -100g of rice or pasta.
    -Whatever else to fill the remaining 200-300 calories (typically something healthy).

PS: I'm a uni student so I'm eating as healthy as I can afford to all the while making sure my calories and my proteins are up so if you're going to tell me it's the 100g of chocolate a day that's somehow stopping me from gaining weight, give me an alternative that'll get me 500 calories a day for £1.60 a week.
    Last edited by ArkI5; 01-13-2020 at 12:33 PM.

MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    An extra 150 calories isn't much and even with exceptional measuring and tracking there will still be errors. Couple that with the fact that some weeks you might burn more calories than others even though your activity seems about the same.

Just keep bumping them up slowly until you start gaining. I hate to break it to you but in another few months your weight will probably stall again and you'll need to increase them further. Enjoy!

ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    An extra 150 calories isn't much and even with exceptional measuring and tracking there will still be errors. Couple that with the fact that some weeks you might burn more calories than others even though your activity seems about the same.

Just keep bumping them up slowly until you start gaining. I hate to break it to you but in another few months your weight will probably stall again and you'll need to increase them further. Enjoy!
    If 150 calories isn't enough then how much would you recommend I increase by instead? Thanks dude!

MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ArkI5 View Post
    If 150 calories isn't enough then how much would you recommend I increase by instead? Thanks dude!
    Bump them by another 150 and monitor for a week or two