totalwreck is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Basic Leg curl advice - knee clunking/catchy feeling

Hi all, looking for some advice on a simple basic leg curl that you see scattered around in most gyms. I am going to assume that my technique and the set up for my technique is now correct. 5'10 male, seat setting number 7 and leg setting number 3.

Okay so when I do this exercise I ensure I keep my toes pointed up throughout the full ROM, however, when the weight gets a little higher I feel this weird catching/clunking in the knee? How can I stop this or shall I just continue with it? I looked online and the ONLY information I could see relates to the quads being more powerful, and therefore they are activating first? Any help would be appreciated.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stop doing them and see a medical professional.
    A chiropractor,physical therapist and orthopedic doctor and get a clear answer for your issue.
    I don't clunking/catching is a normal feeling as you know.
    We things don't feel right don't do them you may make it worse.

totalwreck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Stop doing them and see a medical professional.
    A chiropractor,physical therapist and orthopedic doctor and get a clear answer for your issue.
    I don't clunking/catching is a normal feeling as you know.
    We things don't feel right don't do them you may make it worse.
    Has anyone had any experience with this?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Nobody can diagnose problems like this over the internet. See a sports physio - don't take shortcuts with your health.

I personally have no problem with leg extensions. Perhaps because I pay as much attention to hamstrings as to quads. Perhaps some other reason entirely. That's the problem - we are just guessing.