OBBammer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Taking In More Calories But Now More Sore Post Workout

I have been a serious lifter (5x5) for the past 3 years or so and made massive gains in strength and muscle with very sketchy nutrition (severe calorie inconsistency and junk food etc). In the past month, I focused on my diet and have been hitting 40% carbs, 35% protein, and 25% fat consistently. The question I have is why now on a similar lifting program am I sore so often?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I doubt they are related - unless your protein intake was far too low before. Just a theory.

It could also be psychological - if you have gone from "treading water" to "bulking mode", you might be working harder.

OBBammer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I doubt they are related - unless your protein intake was far too low before. Just a theory.

It could also be psychological - if you have gone from "treading water" to "bulking mode", you might be working harder.
    That definitely could be true. I have been doing 465 on deadlift for a couple of weeks 5x5 and I merely went up to 470 5x5 and I barely could move lol. Typically I progress without any soreness, but maybe I'm subconsciously increasing intensity or something. It seems most plausible.

In the past, I would eat next to nothing and drink alcohol one day and follow it up with 4000 calories the next. Somehow, even when I lifted heavy, I would never get sore with such ****ty nutrition.