Thread: ...... Farts.

kameramandan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

...... Farts.

About fifteen years ago I was about 110kg, I decided to get fit and I did over the course of a year or so getting down to 74kg then adding a bit of muscle to get to a pretty healthy 80-85kg area. I peaked for a few years then slowly started to let myself go a bit, and although I haven't been 110kg again I'm definitely at least 10kg overweight and I'm weak as.. so I've decided to have another run at it. Clean up the diet, add a protein shake in here and there, start lifting again, lots of walking with the dog, etc etc. Only just getting started the past month or two, but off to a pretty good start so far

If you asked me what the one thing I remember about the last time I did this was... the one thing that sticks in my mind about it.. the culmination of several years of research, study, and implementation of dietary advice...... my answer would be that certain protein powders give you bruuuuutal farts. Sinus-burning, eye-watering, bunghole-burning, room-clearing farts you can taste, and definitely shouldn't trust. It seemed to affect people in different ways so a mate could recommend one but it'd have me sending smoke signals, so the only way I could avoid this years ago was to buy bulk bags of pure uncut whey protein powder with no additives or flavours or anything.

So my question is.... has protein-shake technology gotten to a point where you're not playing russian roulette? Or is it safer to stick to the bulk stuff?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Depends on the underlying reason. If a lactose tolerance issue then whey will still give you problems (isolates less so than with concentrates)

Some artificial sweetners can also mess with your gut - sugar alcohols for example. You need to know what's causing it.

If in doubt, buy a small amount of a flavour free isolate and see how you get on.

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Or you could try beef isolate

I'll try anything twice. capnutra's Avatar
    capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ah, farts...
    Feel so good.
    Smell so bad.

Whey gives me nasty gas too, and makes my #2's more difficult to pass. YMMV.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't... you're right."

CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always have terrible protein farts. Is there anyway to ease the amount or will we just have to live with it?

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had this, but for the most part it went away despite eating more of the same things. Protein bars were a pretty bad culprit but again I still eat them every day, so I wonder if your body adapts and becomes more used to the foods which cause the gas initially.

Manlets gonna make it Natty1980's Avatar
    Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's the lactose guys, not the protein.
    Buy isolates and the problem is solved.