biohazardpb4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Gym Managers: When/How Often a Machine is Being Used — Useful Info?

Hi folks. Say you could stick a smart magnet to each of your squat racks. These smart magnets detect if a machine is in use and syncs that info to a central computer over WiFi. With this info, you could answer questions like: “are ellipticals or treadmills more popular?”, “do I need more squat racks?”. It also seems like this could be useful for customers too to get to know the time where their favorite machines are empty. Would knowing this kind of information help your business?

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by biohazardpb4 View Post
    Hi folks. Say you could stick a smart magnet to each of your squat racks. These smart magnets detect if a machine is in use and syncs that info to a central computer over WiFi. With this info, you could answer questions like: “are ellipticals or treadmills more popular?”, “do I need more squat racks?”. It also seems like this could be useful for customers too to get to know the time where their favorite machines are empty. Would knowing this kind of information help your business?
    Not a gym owner but I think its a good idea.
    Another product idea might be the access key fob for the gym equipped with RFID to track population, density, and location. Another similar concept might be a smart phone app that provides entry to the gym to the user, as well as providing useful metrics to the gym owner such as hours of access, types of equipment used.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by biohazardpb4 View Post
    Would knowing this kind of information help your business?
    NO, my gym and business are completely independent of each other. Plus my gym membership only has a member list of 1.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]