GermanTank88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Flat Bench sets vs Incline Bench sets

Here's the deal. I always do same amount of sets of incline as I do with flat. My incline is always at 37 degrees. What Im getting at is my front delts are tight as hell and it hurts as well where the biceps connects in my armpit. Takes me lots of light reps to get the blood flow in there and have less pain while benching. Should I do less incline? I do chest twice a week 12 sets each time so 24 a week. maybe too many sets a week? Any input would help. Thanks

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to get a pretty intense dulling discomfort before I engaged my back right on DB chest press.

Otherwise 24 might be high for hypertrophy purposes but idunno.
    You eat where you're at.

Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GermanTank88 View Post
    Here's the deal. I always do same amount of sets of incline as I do with flat. My incline is always at 37 degrees. What Im getting at is my front delts are tight as hell and it hurts as well where the biceps connects in my armpit. Takes me lots of light reps to get the blood flow in there and have less pain while benching. Should I do less incline? I do chest twice a week 12 sets each time so 24 a week. maybe too many sets a week? Any input would help. Thanks
    You need to adjust your routine by reducing variables causing pain and tightness. Expect a dial in period where you wont be doing as much at the gym. Keep compound moves and drop any accessories (like curls). See if that doesn't help to resolve things after a week or two. If that doesn't, then start dropping other compounds - to a minimum of squat and flat bench. IF you still are having issues after a month of trying to figure this out, then you'll need to consider other therapeutic ways to heal. Just my .02 cents - bro science.

You could try to experiment with the method of doing just pain free movements / volume until area feels healed.

This could also simply be you are just doing too much volume and not giving yourself enough time to heal/recover
    "May the wrath of Zeus descend upon you like a great black toad in heat"

MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The only way to not get pain doing incline benching for me is with dumbbells. A bar just destroys my rotators .
    The heavier ones are tough to get in place ,so I use power hooks .
    I googled what 37 degrees would look like and it looks a bit aggressive imo
    Asteroid 2020

BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Adjust angle, hand width and the arc motion until you find a pain free way or you are guaranteed to aggravate some soft tissue in there. And if that doesn't work, follow Major Tendonitis's suggestion, always listen to people with tendonitis, they know exactly what not to do.

jack866 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The best way to not get torment doing slant sidelining for me is with free weights. A bar just annihilates my rotators . The heavier ones are difficult to get set up, so I use power snares.

onksy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its Too Difficult..