IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How effective is carb cycling to shift those last lbs

I’ve been cutting for approx 15 weeks and lost about 25lbs (I was well over 25% bf at beginning of cut)

Last few weeks I have plateaued and someone has suggested carb cycling. I probably have about 12-14lbs to cut before I’m around 12% bf
    I am going to keep on training until my back has grown a back of its own.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your overall weekly calorie deficit will determine fat loss, not when you choose to eat your carbohydrates.

Don't forget for every 10 lbs you lose you burn about 100 calories less per day, so you're probably burning about 250 calories less now than when you started. If you haven't dropped calories accordingly then thats why you've plateaued.

If you haven't lost weight in 3 weeks you need to lower your calories by at least a couple hundred per day.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by IronLoader View Post
    I’ve been cutting for approx 15 weeks and lost about 25lbs (I was well over 25% bf at beginning of cut)

Last few weeks I have plateaued and someone has suggested carb cycling. I probably have about 12-14lbs to cut before I’m around 12% bf
    your maintenance is around 250 cals a day less so you need to drop that amount of calories when you were 25 lbs heavier..nutrient timing has no effect on fatloss however taking in your carbs a couple hours before training can afford you more energy in the gym which can have a positive effect on your training however it doesn’t have an effect of actual fatloss
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    your maintenance is around 250 cals a day less so you need to drop that amount of calories when you were 25 lbs heavier..nutrient timing has no effect on fatloss however taking in your carbs a couple hours before training can afford you more energy in the gym which can have a positive effect on your training however it doesn’t have an effect of actual fatloss
    I’ve dropped from 2200 cals to approx 1850cals already and not keen to go any lower.

If carb cycling isn’t what it’s cracked up to be then I guess I could increase my cardio?
    I am going to keep on training until my back has grown a back of its own.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by IronLoader View Post
    I’ve dropped from 2200 cals to approx 1850cals already and not keen to go any lower.

If carb cycling isn’t what it’s cracked up to be then I guess I could increase my cardio?
    You can however that can backfire with increased hunger so it’s a slippery slope. As you lean out it gets very difficult to continue to lose fat
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    very strong join date. what they said though ^
    positive crew

rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For me personally, besides carb cycling I would rather be disciplined and stick to my numbers all week during a hard cut. Then pick one day a week where I'd eat whatever I'm craving.

I'll be one month in on my cut come January 26th (already down 10 lbs) at which time I will incorporate that. It really helps with the physiological woes and flatness of a hard cut. At least for me.
    The three D's - Desire, Determination and Dedication!