Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000)

How to progress in weight

I’m coming off a cut and thinking of bulking again and I’m not sure how to progress in adding weight correctly.

I have read that adding as little as 1.25KG in weight each week is the way I have a couple questions:

1) If I increase the weight but I can’t get the same reps in as the previous week? What do I do? Do I drop back to last weeks weight?

2) From previous bulking experiences I use to feel weaker or more tired sometimes and I couldn’t get the same reps In. What do I do in this situation?

3) Is it okay to start with 5 reps and add a rep each week until I can do 10 reps cleanly then add weight e.g 1.25KG and start again at 5 reps and increase 1 rep each week and continuesly doin that

bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bheast69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cautious1 View Post
    I’m coming off a cut and thinking of bulking again and I’m not sure how to progress in adding weight correctly.

I have read that adding as little as 1.25KG in weight each week is the way I have a couple questions:

1) If I increase the weight but I can’t get the same reps in as the previous week? What do I do? Do I drop back to last weeks weight?

2) From previous bulking experiences I use to feel weaker or more tired sometimes and I couldn’t get the same reps In. What do I do in this situation?

3) Is it okay to start with 5 reps and add a rep each week until I can do 10 reps cleanly then add weight e.g 1.25KG and start again at 5 reps and increase 1 rep each week and continuesly doin that
    what i do is aim for 8 reps
    following week get nine
    get 10
    get 11
    as soon as you get 12/13 add weight and go back to eight
    that has helped me a lot its all about doing more even if its just an extra set
    jordan peters suggest doing 2 sets and thats it for a single exercise
    no one will do 6 sets and maintain the weight each set if they are doing it properly and intense enough

xarkal is on a distinguished road. (+10)

1)It is normal to not get the same reps if you increase the weight so just work up to the rep range you want with the new added weight.
    2)You mean from the transition from cut to bulk?
    3)It depends on what your goal is it ok but you will eventually plateu in the end i would stay in the 8-12 for hypertrophy and add weight and perform the upper end of the reps

Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xarkal View Post
    1)It is normal to not get the same reps if you increase the weight so just work up to the rep range you want with the new added weight.
    2)You mean from the transition from cut to bulk?
    3)It depends on what your goal is it ok but you will eventually plateu in the end i would stay in the 8-12 for hypertrophy and add weight and perform the upper end of the reps
    Just in general sometimes I feel like I have less energy or I feel weaker

LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    follow a rep/set scheme, I personally am doing a strength progression range myself while I cut to help maintain muscle.

So I will do as much as I can possibly do to achieve 6 clean reps, every workout i attempt to get 7 or 8 on the sets etc. Once I have achieved 8 clean reps for sets, I will increase the weight by 5lbs or so and go back to 6 reps. repeat the process. Depending on the lift increasing weight/reps can be harder to do.

I just always make sure to be increasing something in a workout, beating my previous attempt if i can or at least matching it. Over time you will find yourself moving up.

I have even found cheating reps (within safe reason) to be beneficial in pushing through plateaus if anything it can be placebo or just the extra kick your muscles needed to adapt further.

Originally Posted by LFAesthetics View Post
    follow a rep/set scheme, I personally am doing a strength progression range myself while I cut to help maintain muscle.

So I will do as much as I can possibly do to achieve 6 clean reps, every workout i attempt to get 7 or 8 on the sets etc. Once I have achieved 8 clean reps for sets, I will increase the weight by 5lbs or so and go back to 6 reps. repeat the process. Depending on the lift increasing weight/reps can be harder to do.

I just always make sure to be increasing something in a workout, beating my previous attempt if i can or at least matching it. Over time you will find yourself moving up.

I have even found cheating reps (within safe reason) to be beneficial in pushing through plateaus if anything it can be placebo or just the extra kick your muscles needed to adapt further.
    Great thanks for the info. How long till you saw significant strength increase

LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LFAesthetics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great thanks for the info. How long till you saw significant strength increase
    I'm working back up to what I was strength wise in college, I took a long time off and got fat and out of shape, but in my college years I was easily able to increase strength in the major compounds of BSD to 275/455/515 for reps (I don't max). All through linear progression like described over the course of like 1 year or so of consistent lifting, coming from under 1 plate for everything.

As for now..
    Its always going up, I barely get through a week or two without an increase on the major compounds, even since starting to cut 12 days ago I haven't slowed. I am sure it is coming. But strength should realistically be able to linearly increased on the week to week basis on a bulk, all the way up to real respectable weights like a 2 plate bench / 3 plate squat / 4 plate dl for examples.

Isolations take more time to increase, but I use the same logic of always trying to do one more rep or get a few more lbs up. You have to have the right attitude in the gym and push yourself, safely of course.