training12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Calories carbs v fats

Should I concentrate on overall calories or macros. Followed a deficit and am in plateau.
    Average 100g carbs, should I substitute for fats and go to lower carbs. As fats are 9 cal per gram against carbs 4 per gram, will changing not make a difference and concentrate on overall calories.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by training12 View Post
    Should I concentrate on overall calories or macros. Followed a deficit and am in plateau.
    Average 100g carbs, should I substitute for fats and go to lower carbs. As fats are 9 cal per gram against carbs 4 per gram, will changing not make a difference and concentrate on overall calories.
    Overall calories should be the priority for weight loss, the difference between changing macros from fat to carbs won't make a massive different there is a slight increase in TEF (thermic effect of food) and extras carbs may make you slightly active through increases in your TDEE but that is an individual thing that only trail and error will help.

The only macro that helps with weight loss is increasing protein as that has the highest amount of TEF and general is more satiety so you are likely to eat less calories in the long run.

That said its a lot easier just to drop calories as this guaranteed to cause weight loss where macro changing may help in a small way somewhere but its unlikely to make significant difference.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You have a fat minimum intake, you do not have a carbohydrate minimum intake. Total calories dictate weight gain or loss, however the individual macros will impact quality of life, energy balance, protein balance, etc.
    USAF
    LEO

Operation Inherent Resolve ~ 2019

Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    Overall calories should be the priority for weight loss, the difference between changing macros from fat to carbs won't make a massive different there is a slight increase in TEF (thermic effect of food) and extras carbs may make you slightly active through increases in your TDEE but that is an individual thing that only trail and error will help.

The only macro that helps with weight loss is increasing protein as that has the highest amount of TEF and general is more satiety so you are likely to eat less calories in the long run.

That said its a lot easier just to drop calories as this guaranteed to cause weight loss where macro changing may help in a small way somewhere but its unlikely to make significant difference.
    I've read that it's 1g per pound. I eat a lot less as calories would go up. As well as other macros. i am getting around 50-60g on avg

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    You have a fat minimum intake, you do not have a carbohydrate minimum intake. Total calories dictate weight gain or loss, however the individual macros will impact quality of life, energy balance, protein balance, etc.
    How much is the minimum fat intake.
    Are keto and low carb diets calorie control diets or do carbs make a difference.

On fats saturated fats of the overall amount, how much should that be.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've read that it's 1g per pound. I eat a lot less as calories would go up. As well as other macros. i am getting around 50-60g on avg

Are keto and low carb diets calorie control diets or do carbs make a difference.

Read this for all advice about macros:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

I have no idea how many calories you are eating or your weight so you will have to use the link I have stated above to work it our yourself its pretty easy:-

Protein = Total body weight in lbs X 0.7 = minimum requirement (more is fine)

Fats = Total body weight in lbs X 0.4 = minimum requirement (more is fine)

Carbs = personal preference no minimum or maximum (within your caloric limit minus the minimum calories of protein and fats)

Calories use the TDEE calculator in the link above and then deduct the required amount to cause the desired weights loss (500 calorie reduction a day represents a 1lb loss per week). If no weight loss after 2/3 weeks drop calories by another 200-300.

And no Keto and low carb diets are not technically calorie control but the only way they work for fat loss is if you happen to put your body in a caloric deficit from eating less.

rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)

35g-55g of fats for a woman.
    55g-75g for a man. Those are minimum ranges. You can bump slightly higher.
    Don't do Keto.
    Try to get in mostly "healthy fats". Google them.
    The three D's - Desire, Determination and Dedication!

Thanks, I'm getting the amounts suggested for fats some days. Protein is lower. Close to 60g a day. As am keeping calories down.
    When I increase calories the weight stops dropping. Maybe I need to look at other foods. Was checking if varying amounts of carbs or fat makes a difference or is overall calories the key. As people suggest a low carb diet

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks, I'm getting the amounts suggested for fats some days. Protein is lower. Close to 60g a day. As am keeping calories down.
    When I increase calories the weight stops dropping. Maybe I need to look at other foods. Was checking if varying amounts of carbs or fat makes a difference or is overall calories the key. As people suggest a low carb diet
    I would suggest going to the nutrition forum and reading the stickies.
    USAF
    LEO

Operation Inherent Resolve ~ 2019