Thread: Injury

ralphmel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Injury

Hi Guys,
    This is my first post on anything related to body building. I'll write a small paragraph about my self.

Height:1.72
    Weight: 65Kg

It's been a year and 2month i've been going to the gym to build muscle, i started 54kg and got to 66 after a year of workout.

2 weeks ago i broke my leg and the doctor, said no more gym till you recover "total recovery time 5weeks" so 3weeks to go.

I have 5kg dumbbells and was wondering if i can do anything with them maintain/build/strength/endurance?
    Low weight, high reps? If yes can you give a bit more information on it?
    I can even do pushups on one foot

Thank you for reading and understanding my eagerness to keep on working out.

Regards,

Hutrapper is a name known to all. (+5000) Hutrapper is a name known to all. (+5000) Hutrapper is a name known to all. (+5000) Hutrapper is a name known to all. (+5000) Hutrapper is a name known to all. (+5000) Hutrapper is a name known to all. (+5000) Hutrapper is a name known to all. (+5000) Hutrapper is a name known to all. (+5000) Hutrapper is a name known to all. (+5000) Hutrapper is a name known to all. (+5000) Hutrapper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well if it was me, I'd politely agree with the doctor, then I'd go to the gym as per my regular program, and do whatever

A) didn't hurt
    B) didn't use the effected leg for direct weight bearing movements we

There is actually mounting evidence that shows now that movement and activity is what stimulates osteoblasts to repair the break. Why do you think ribs are the fastest healing bones in the body? You'd think constant movement from breathing would hamper healing? It does the opposite in reality.

Not giving advice, just saying what I would do...

ralphmel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hutrapper View Post
    Well if it was me, I'd politely agree with the doctor, then I'd go to the gym as per my regular program, and do whatever

A) didn't hurt
    B) didn't use the effected leg for direct weight bearing movements we

There is actually mounting evidence that shows now that movement and activity is what stimulates osteoblasts to repair the break. Why do you think ribs are the fastest healing bones in the body? You'd think constant movement from breathing would hamper healing? It does the opposite in reality.

Not giving advice, just saying what I would do...
    I did it!!💪
    As you said i didn't feel any pain, i just did a total body workout and tomorrow will resume my program.
    Thank you sir