Birdmannan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile My first one rep max test for squat, deadlift, bench press and overhead press

Hi everyone!

I've been lifting for a few years now, but I've only recently performed a one rep max test!

Squat - 80kg
    Deadlift - 130kg
    Bench - 75kg
    OHP - 50kg

Bodyweight - 83.6kg

I made a video of me performing these lifts here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds_dgZ9quOk&t=83s

I would really appreciate any comments on my form and any suggestions on some numbers I could aim for by the end of 2020.

I would love to be able to squat and bench press my body weight.
    Main Goals:
    - Be featured on Bodybuilding.com's teen transformations!
    - Achieve the best physique I possibly can naturally!

- Eat healthy!
    - Train heavy!
    - Keep it simple!
    - Be patient when it comes to seeing results!

Barnaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barnaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barnaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barnaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barnaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barnaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barnaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barnaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barnaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barnaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barnaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Birdmannan View Post
    Hi everyone!

I've been lifting for a few years now, but I've only recently performed a one rep max test!

Squat - 80kg
    Deadlift - 130kg
    Bench - 75kg
    OHP - 50kg

Bodyweight - 83.6kg

I made a video of me performing these lifts here:

I would really appreciate any comments on my form and any suggestions on some numbers I could aim for by the end of 2020.

I would love to be able to squat and bench press my body weight.
    Your form looks pretty good to me in the lifts, except in the bench press, it's hard to see because of the safety's, are you packing your shoulders?

littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Barnaa View Post
    Your form looks pretty good to me in the lifts, except in the bench press, it's hard to see because of the safety's, are you packing your shoulders?
    This was my first question. If you're not packing your shoulders tight, it's something you should implement immediately that will also pay immediate dividends.

Also, in the OHP, what's your checklist like when you take the bar out? When you failed that final rep you damn well had it over your head. That should have been a lockout all day. It looked to me like you just didn't really have any tightness when you initiated the press, which can lead to instability and a decrease in force production.

This is what I would recommend doing from the pick to the initiation of the press:
    1) After setting grip on the bar, "squat" the bar up
    2) Take 1-2 steps back
    3) Set the feet
    4) Squeeze the glutes
    5) Pull air into your stomach and brace
    6) Press

Like anything, you need a strong base to maximise stability and force production. You do a good job of it when picking up your squats and walking them out, you just need to bring in similar cues to your OHP.

Hope this helps.
    --CUBE--
    Raw Lifter, 242
    Next Meet: Depends when COVID-19 chills out...
    RPS Canadian Nationals 2016: 460/330/500
    RPS Canadian Nationals 2015: 410/295/450