Registered User AccountingMajor's Avatar
    AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How to really deal with bad supervisors?

Not an issue now, but back in the day I had a supervisor no one could stand to the point where most of the team quit.

How do you all deal with one? Just in case I ever fall into that situation again.

RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Become the supervisor. Either get rid of the current one or move to a different group.
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    Aspire to be fat, 45+ plus, and have at least 1 comment on every girl's bodyspace.
    "the personification of greatness"

AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AccountingMajor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    Become the supervisor. Either get rid of the current one or move to a different group.
    If I 1v1 the supervisor, I will probably get fired. Not sure how to replace him.
    I haven't worked in a large enough company where they have multiple accounting departments. So that's out of the question.

RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AccountingMajor View Post
    If I 1v1 the supervisor, I will probably get fired. Not sure how to replace him.
    I haven't worked in a large enough company where they have multiple accounting departments. So that's out of the question.

You don't do that u srs? You never say anything to or about your boss that is negative. Never say anything positive either. Your supervise is fine. Your work environment is "okay". Work is work.
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    Aspire to be fat, 45+ plus, and have at least 1 comment on every girl's bodyspace.
    "the personification of greatness"

Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    You don't do that u srs? You never say anything to or about your boss that is negative. Never say anything positive either. Your supervise is fine. Your work environment is "okay". Work is work.
    I don't know about my prior supervisor being fine. I mean half the people quit. But I do agree not to say anything negative about prior employers. That only leads to bad chit.

andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by AccountingMajor View Post
    Not an issue now, but back in the day I had a supervisor no one could stand to the point where most of the team quit.

How do you all deal with one? Just in case I ever fall into that situation again.
    Quit. Get a better job.
    Life is too short to deal with bad management.
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.

andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I once got a real ar*e*ole as manager in a toxic company.

I had 20 years experience and told him he is incompetent.
    I was fired.
    Then the whole team quit and went to the competition.
    He got promoted, that division was shut down at that location.
    His managers were promoted too.

I got a great job in a great company.
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.

Originally Posted by andy0w View Post
    Quit. Get a better job.
    Life is too short to deal with bad management.
    Originally Posted by andy0w View Post
    I once got a real ar*e*ole as manager in a toxic company.

I had 20 years experience and told him he is incompetent.
    I was fired.
    Then the whole team quit and went to the competition.
    He got promoted, that division was shut down at that location.
    His managers were promoted too.

I got a great job in a great company.
    See that's what I did. Half the team quit, no one can stand the guy other than a few select people who are unaware that he is an ass to everyone. Also he had around 50 years of experience. He was the the type of guy who tells everyone he has half a century of experience and rubs it in everyone's faces.

He picks on new guys only (not girls) and asks them technical questions that there is no way for them to know just so he can laugh at them. Luckily, he was hired after I started working there so he couldn't pull that crap with me.

Eventually quit because he was making life hell. Even though the guy couldn't print a PDF to save his life, I held in my resentment.