kibelezabr is on a distinguished road. (+10)

No money to purchase gym membership; how can I still have muscle growth?

Hey everyone, I'm 16 years old and have been going to the gym for quite some time and it has helped me not only physically, but emotionally as well.

However, due to my family's poor financial situation, I won't be able to go to the gym starting this week.

The thing is: I don't wanna stop working out, and tbh all I care about is bodybuilding (not muscle endurance, etc.)

So how can I keep progressing (strength and muscle-wise) using only a pull-up bar from a park nearby? Or is that almost impossible?
    What kind of routines you guys recommend? (I was doing ICF 5X5 fullbody, but I am willing to workout everyday)

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Look into calisthenics and body weight training. It will take you a good ways. At some point, if size is your focus, you'll eventually need access to lifting implements. But that's years down the road.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Does your school have any sort of training facility for teams? If so maybe talk to a coach or teacher about using it.

Otherwise bodyweight will get you a long ways right now.

FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you attend a public / private school, they would probably be more than happy to accommodate you.

In the mean time, find ways to do bodyweight stuff weighted. Pull ups with something inbetween legs, pushups with something on back, ect.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A friend of mine used to use three chairs to work out . You can do deep pushups , tricep dips .
    Put a bar in your doorway and do pull-ups
    Make Misc great again

HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Find a local park, do bodyweight exercises.

HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10) HanleyTucks is on a distinguished road. (+10)

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.

WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kibelezabr View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm 16 years old and have been going to the gym for quite some time and it has helped me not only physically, but emotionally as well.

However, due to my family's poor financial situation, I won't be able to go to the gym starting this week.

The thing is: I don't wanna stop working out, and tbh all I care about is bodybuilding (not muscle endurance, etc.)

So how can I keep progressing (strength and muscle-wise) using only a pull-up bar from a park nearby? Or is that almost impossible?
    What kind of routines you guys recommend? (I was doing ICF 5X5 fullbody, but I am willing to workout everyday)
    I have mad respect for you and I'll say a prayer for you. I think it's always the kids that are in similar situations to yourself that turn out to be the "go-getters" and I pray that you keep that attitude and it will take you a long ways in your future.

If you you are from the US and it appears you have internet if you are on this forum. I can give you a link to a legit research website where you can work online from home. It's actually a legit site, not one of those bogus online survey sites, and you'll be working for Amazon just answering basic questions on research surveys for Universities and Colleges. Amazon actually owns the company so you'll be working for Amazon. It starts kind of slow and your first 10 days your limited to the amount of hits you can do. After that and after you build up your account you can actually make $50.00 to $80.00 a day on average on there. You can either link your banking account and send it directly to your banking account or you can transfer it straight to an Amazon gift card.

With that said, you can order a legit pull up and dip station, weighted dip belt, and a sturdy backpack all for less than $200.00 or a few days of work on the website I can give you the link too via pm. Again, you can even cash out to an Amazon gift card and order them directly off of Amazon. After you get a pull up / dip station and a backpack, you can work a few more days and even order a basic power rack (bench / dead-lift / squat station.)

With that said, my whole workout revolves around weighted dips, pull ups, deadlifts, squats, db presses, and weighted push ups. To this day, I still only use the bench for my strength training sets (max weight). I've built one heck of a physic from weighted dips, push up's, and pull-ups.

I went from 137 lbs to 175 lbs my first year and my entire workout was mostly weighted dips and pull ups. However, due to your financial situation, I can assure you one more set-back you will run into is eating and diet with a calorie surplus. It will take lots of working online, but after you get your equipment, you can continue to use the website to order you some gainer shakes on Amazon then just drink lots of milk with them (cheap protein / calories.)

pm me if you want some help. And I hope to see you keep your drive and motivation despite your situation, it will take you a long ways in your future.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't forget if you can't afford a pull up and dip station you might find a kids playground in a park (fine exercising if no kids around, like during an early morning jog). Be creative, there's "exercise equipment" everywhere when you open your eyes to possibilities

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    never gymless by Ross enamait. Also google his website, lots of good training advice for people like you (Ross was in the same boat growing up)

George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fill a bag with some weight and do weighted pull ups, dips, inverted rows, handstand push-ups and single leg squats. Sprints are great also. Something to look into - most tire shops are willing to get rid of large tires for free if you have the space

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey OP, read this https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...ybuilding.html

It might cheer you up, to confirm that bodybuilding (not just endurance etc) is completely possible without gym membership.

I'll try anything twice. capnutra's Avatar
    capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hindu pushups work pretty much the whole body. Easy to do at home or wherever.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't... you're right."

Axel15810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel15810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel15810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel15810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel15810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel15810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel15810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel15810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel15810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel15810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel15810 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Planet Fitness, atleast the one in my area, let's kids 18 and under in for free. So check if you have one near you. PF is by no means an ideal lifting gym but it's waaay better than nothing.

Local YMCAs also have programs to help poorer folks get memberships at no cost or low cost. Call your local YMCA or YWCA and ask. These are nonprofit organizations so they help people with this kind of thing.

If none of that works out, pushups, pullups, lunges and situps alone will do wonders.
    Last edited by Axel15810; 01-13-2020 at 11:15 AM.

WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Axel15810 View Post
    Planet Fitness, atleast the one in my area, let's kids 18 and under in for free. So check if you have one near you. PF is by no means an ideal lifting gym but it's waaay better than nothing.

Local YMCAs also have programs to help poorer folks get memberships at no cost or low cost. Call your local YMCA or YWCA and ask. These are nonprofit organizations so they help people with this kind of thing.

If none of that works out, pushups, pullups, lunges and situps alone will do wonders.
    Depending on the membership in your area, it's not even necessarily poor folks. I have a 70,000 household income, and we're pay like 70 a month for a family membership

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WakingOp View Post
    Depending on the membership in your area, it's not even necessarily poor folks. I have a 70,000 household income, and we're pay like 70 a month for a family membership
    70 a month is still kind of a lot, unless you have like 7 people under it

sucks OP, but you can't find a gym that's say around $10 a month? Maybe do an odd job for somebody to make up that extra cash for the month?

But other than that

push ups, situps, pullups at a playground, may need to be creative when adding resistance to these exercises, perhaps stuffing a bag with books. Buy some cheap dumbbells or look for anybody willing to give them away? Train at a school gym?

kibelezabr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    Does your school have any sort of training facility for teams? If so maybe talk to a coach or teacher about using it.

Otherwise bodyweight will get you a long ways right now.
    there's a weightlifting room at my school, will do! thanks for the suggestion

Originally Posted by WeightedDip View Post
    I have mad respect for you and I'll say a prayer for you. I think it's always the kids that are in similar situations to yourself that turn out to be the "go-getters" and I pray that you keep that attitude and it will take you a long ways in your future.

If you you are from the US and it appears you have internet if you are on this forum. I can give you a link to a legit research website where you can work online from home. It's actually a legit site, not one of those bogus online survey sites, and you'll be working for Amazon just answering basic questions on research surveys for Universities and Colleges. Amazon actually owns the company so you'll be working for Amazon. It starts kind of slow and your first 10 days your limited to the amount of hits you can do. After that and after you build up your account you can actually make $50.00 to $80.00 a day on average on there. You can either link your banking account and send it directly to your banking account or you can transfer it straight to an Amazon gift card.

With that said, you can order a legit pull up and dip station, weighted dip belt, and a sturdy backpack all for less than $200.00 or a few days of work on the website I can give you the link too via pm. Again, you can even cash out to an Amazon gift card and order them directly off of Amazon. After you get a pull up / dip station and a backpack, you can work a few more days and even order a basic power rack (bench / dead-lift / squat station.)

With that said, my whole workout revolves around weighted dips, pull ups, deadlifts, squats, db presses, and weighted push ups. To this day, I still only use the bench for my strength training sets (max weight). I've built one heck of a physic from weighted dips, push up's, and pull-ups.

I went from 137 lbs to 175 lbs my first year and my entire workout was mostly weighted dips and pull ups. However, due to your financial situation, I can assure you one more set-back you will run into is eating and diet with a calorie surplus. It will take lots of working online, but after you get your equipment, you can continue to use the website to order you some gainer shakes on Amazon then just drink lots of milk with them (cheap protein / calories.)

pm me if you want some help. And I hope to see you keep your drive and motivation despite your situation, it will take you a long ways in your future.
    hey man thanks for the prayers! yes I'm interested in that! please PM me w/ more details
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post

sucks OP, but you can't find a gym that's say around $10 a month? Maybe do an odd job for somebody to make up that extra cash for the month?

But other than that

push ups, situps, pullups at a playground, may need to be creative when adding resistance to these exercises, perhaps stuffing a bag with books. Buy some cheap dumbbells or look for anybody willing to give them away? Train at a school gym?
    there's a Planet Fitness which is 10$ a month however there are annual fees and a whole bunch of other fees
    unfortunately I can't work normal jobs because the Visa my family has only allows my dad to work, so the only money I get is from selling chips @ school which isn't that much lmao

anyways thanks for everyone's suggestions, will get started tomorrow

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by capnutra View Post
    Hindu pushups work pretty much the whole body. Easy to do at home or wherever.
    Be careful with them, though - I badly injured my shoulder doing Hindu pushups and have been advised by my physio to not do them again.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181179323&p=1658333353#post1658333353

Height: 185cm (6'1")
    Weight: 79.3kg (175lb)

Personal best lifts
    Bench - 6 x 65kg (143lb), 8 x 62.5kg (138lb)
    Bent Over Row - 10 x 70kg (154lb)
    Front squat - 5 x 67.5kg (149lb)
    Back squat - 1 x 95kg (209lb), 8 x 77.5kg (171lb)
    RDL - 9 x 87.5kg (193lb)
    Deadlift - 6 x 107.5kg (237lb)
    Overhead Press - 6 x 40kg (88lb)
    Chin Ups - 7 x bodyweight + 12.5kg (27.5lb), 14 x b.weight

Arizona to East Texas kingHanley's Avatar
    kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Teen Misc >>>>>
    *Firefighter-Paramedic Crew*
    *HTC Crew*
    *White Zero Ultra Monster Crew*
    *2A Crew*
    *Conservative Crew*

WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post

But other than that

6 people. That includes 2 hours of free childcare every day too. And a pool, and blah blah blah. It's by far the nicest gym around. We even got bumper plates, which is apparently rare

Originally Posted by WeightedDip View Post

I'm interested in this as well