Thread: Pullups

MaxDapper is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Pullups

Hey,

I am 18, and going to faculty of sports, where I have my entrance exams in 5 months from now. There are a few different activities you must complete as best as you can, and pullups are of course one of them. I am planning to do 20 or more pullups in a single set on the test, and can currently do 10 strict form pullups, so chin over bar, and then all the way down. My question is, what is the best way for me to make those 20 pullups in a row happen? I am currently cutting, planning to hit 75 kg till then, and am currently at 84kg, just out of a bulk. I am 1,85m tall.

I have read that one way is to do 50 pullups in 15 minutes, and gradually increase that number, till you hit 70 in 15 minutes. Then you increase the weight. I find it quite hard to do 50 in 15 minutes, but I can finish it in like 14:45.

Another way is a website that I found, and suggests structured training: http://www.50pullups.com

What do you think, how can I get to 20 pullups in a row the best way?

Thanks in advance

MaxDapper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump, anyone?

Gamedragon345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MaxDapper View Post
    Bump, anyone?
    Well if you want to do 20 pullups in a row, you could simply do pullups everyday, that's how I got to 25, but there isn't much use, I just add weight now, like 5 pounds on my pullup each week, and I'm buildingup those back muscles.

WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What was mentioned above is very good information for you and a good strategy. I'd consider my back and pull up game bullet proof now. My only three back excercises over the last year and a half have been Deadlifts, Weighted Pull Up's, and Cable Rows.

When I started training I could do less strict pull ups than I could count on one hand. I worked my way up to 10 body weight pull ups than switched to weighted pull ups like mentioned above. I started with purchasing 2.5 lb plates from Walmart for some change and used a backpack. After I started building strength I started adding 5 lbs a week. I'm up to 110 lbs on a dip belt for (4) strict reps.

Again when I started training them I could barely do 10 strict pull up's. I re-tested at 6 months and was up to 25 pull-ups. 15 months down the road I can now bust out between 35 and 40 pull up's in a set. As you progress weekly by adding 2.5 or 5 lb plates it makes pull up's seem much easier when you switch to body weight only.