JoseCastoll is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Hardgainer insulin what is wrong with my body?

Hi,

26 year old and have been lifting for a while.
    I have always been a hardgainer and can loose a lot of weight very quickly. Since I have always been skinny I never really paid so much attention to nutrition before.
    However last year I started bulking with A lot of white rice chicken and some pasta. I did not have much refined sugar but a lot of white rice and not much vegtables.
    I did gain a lot of weight and muscle but overtime I developed issues with my stomach. IBS,Sibo,food intolernces, constipation, heart palpations, mood swings etc.
    Switched up my diet to a high fiber diet, cutting out almost all refined carbs. My stomach issues improved, my skin improved a lot, and as soon as I switched from white rice to brown all the hart palpations went away.
    Unfortunely I lost SO much weight and muscle rapidly when I started the high fiber diet and I have been trying to gain that back the healthy way but I can not put on any weight.

When I was on the low fiber/white rice bulking diet I started gaining weight around 2800-3000 kcal.
    Now I have worked myself up to 3200 kcal with good whole foods but nothing happens, it even feels like Im loosing weight/muscle. It is crazy..

With the 3200 diet I get around 35 grams of fiber and I eat around 25-30 grams of sugar a day coming from natural sources(one fruit per day and sweet potatoe etc).
    I have had some cheat days and on these days I have consumed less calories but more sugar and on those days it feels like I am actually gaining weight.

Macros: 3200 kcal
    Protein:155
    Fat:120
    Carbs:380
    Fiber:35
    Sugar:25-30

What is going on? Do I need to get higher insulin levels by eating a little more sugar or what should I do? I honeslty feel so much better on the whole food diet and will never go back but how the heck can I gain back the weight?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    try adding a mass gainer or a high calorie shake

... or eat more food if you are able to

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You sound Type 3.

Pay attention to stress management.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JoseCastoll View Post
    Hi,

26 year old and have been lifting for a while.
    I have always been a hardgainer and can loose a lot of weight very quickly. Since I have always been skinny I never really paid so much attention to nutrition before.
    However last year I started bulking with A lot of white rice chicken and some pasta. I did not have much refined sugar but a lot of white rice and not much vegtables.
    I did gain a lot of weight and muscle but overtime I developed issues with my stomach. IBS,Sibo,food intolernces, constipation, heart palpations, mood swings etc.
    Switched up my diet to a high fiber diet, cutting out almost all refined carbs. My stomach issues improved, my skin improved a lot, and as soon as I switched from white rice to brown all the hart palpations went away.
    Unfortunely I lost SO much weight and muscle rapidly when I started the high fiber diet and I have been trying to gain that back the healthy way but I can not put on any weight.

When I was on the low fiber/white rice bulking diet I started gaining weight around 2800-3000 kcal.
    Now I have worked myself up to 3200 kcal with good whole foods but nothing happens, it even feels like Im loosing weight/muscle. It is crazy..

With the 3200 diet I get around 35 grams of fiber and I eat around 25-30 grams of sugar a day coming from natural sources(one fruit per day and sweet potatoe etc).
    I have had some cheat days and on these days I have consumed less calories but more sugar and on those days it feels like I am actually gaining weight.

Macros: 3200 kcal
    Protein:155
    Fat:120
    Carbs:380
    Fiber:35
    Sugar:25-30

What is going on? Do I need to get higher insulin levels by eating a little more sugar or what should I do? I honeslty feel so much better on the whole food diet and will never go back but how the heck can I gain back the weight?
    Are you a physician? Did a physician diagnose you with those issues?
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    try adding a mass gainer or a high calorie shake

... or eat more food if you are able to
    Yes those are great, I consume a 400 kcal smoothie pre workout and a 700-800 kcal for a snack later in the day. Peanut butter,Strawberries, vegan protein,oats,coconut oil and some coconut milk. DELICIOUS!

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Are you a physician? Did a physician diagnose you with those issues?
    Haha no im no pysician and yes I got diagnoes with them all. Had colonoscopies,upper endoscopy and all that. Ruined my life for a long time...had to take xifaxan for the SIBO..
    I still have some food intolerances and some stomach issues but nothing compared to before. Enzymes and probiotics helped me out a lot

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    You sound Type 3.

Thanks man i'll check them out today!

You sound Type 3.

Just started watching it. I am def not the skinny fat type, I have extremly low fat percentage.(around the belly as well). I wish I had some fat lol.. I do have some muscle but I lost a GOOOOD amount when I swichted diet.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Im surprised that you only get 35g of fiber consuming what you call a 'whole food diet' at 3200 calories.

I mean I can't imagine how little fiber you must have been getting on the 'old diet' with more white rice, etc, if all you get now is 35...

What exactly are you eating now?
    Last edited by AdamWW; 01-11-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Im surprised that you only get 35g of fiber consuming what you call a 'whole food diet' at 3200 calories.

I mean I can't imagine how little fiber you must have been getting on the 'old diet' with more white rice, etc, if all you get now is 35...

Well I eat a lot of fat and brown rice does not have THAT much fiber. I usually eat around 130 Brown rice and add 60-70 g potatoes
    Diet today
    :Carbs: Brown rice(A lot), Sweet potato,white potato, Some gluten free bread(rarely),Oats
    Protein: Chicken,Turkey breast,Salmon,Cod, Eggs,Some red meat not a whole lot(feels heavy on me)
    Fruits: Oranges,Apples,Strawberries,Rasberries,
    Fats: Peanut butter, Olive oil, coconut oil and some coconut milk for sauce to the rice.
    Vegtables: Carrots,Avocado(fruit I know lol), Kale,Spinach

I eat vegtables everyday but in small amounts.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

And yes, The fiber intake on my old diet was very low.. I had no idea how important that was..

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You sound Type 3.

Never heard of this before.

Was definitely an interesting watch. Thanks for posting.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama