mrbladedude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trying to bulk and not get stomach fat again

Hey everyone I am currently 165 pounds. I've been going to a boxing gym 4 to 5 days a week for the last few months and have lost about 15 pounds. Most of it fat but some muscle I think as well.

I want to be 175. Everyone on here is going to say stop doing cardio. But that's not an option unless I quit boxing and that's not going to happen. It's just over an hour in the morning first thing and it's pretty much non stop either bag work, mittwork, jump rope, treadmill, shadow box, sqauts etc etc.

I also do chest and back twice a week, arms twice a week and shoulders twice a week with one day off of weight lifting. I use resistance bands at my house.

Will just simply eating more fix this whole issue?
    I used to eat fast food like Subway and Mexican but have changed my diet over the last 2 months to strictly cooking my own food.

Right now my diet is as follows.

Breakfast: Blended and drank immediately after boxing class: about 11:15 am

3/4 cup oats
    2 tablespoons peanut butter
    1 and a half cups milk
    2 bananas
    2 scoops ON Whey protein powder

Lunch:

Big chicken breast not sure on weight but I'd say between half a pound and a pound. I split that into two meals and eat half of it at 2 p.m. and the other half at 4 p.m. two slices of Killer Dave's bread total and 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce and two tablespoons of ranch dressing.

I rotate between that meal and the exact same meal but just with ground beef and cheese instead of chicken.

Dinner: 8pm

Half a pound of steak, chicken or ground beef. Nothing else added.

11pm:

One cup of milk and one scoop of ON whey protein powder.

I drink 1 gallon of water a day and I've been doing that everyday consistently for the past 4 years. Sometimes it's 1.5 gallons depending on the day but minimum a gallon consistently.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by mrbladedude; 01-10-2020 at 05:48 PM.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    post macros and calories, not food names.
    The power of carbs compels me!

mrbladedude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Thanks for your input

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Gaining muscle without gaining fat is about maintaining a small but consistent calorie surplus. if you aren't counting calories, you can't do this with any degree of confidence.

Nobody will say stop doing cardio - provided you can still eat enough to be in a surplus.

There is no need to drink gallons of water each day. Everyone can simply drink to thirst. The only exception would be if you sweat excessively during long training bouts - then you should be careful to rehydrate afterwards. One tip is to weigh yourself before and after training - then drink the difference. 1lb = 1pint

rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    With the info you provided I figured your total daily calories out to be 3,148. The macros are 258g carbs, 94g fat and 334g of protein. Of course that's a ballpark figure because you are not weighing and measuring your food. For your activity level more carbs and less protein and fats could improve your performance.

Overall your total calories are not high for a bulk factoring in your boxing training and weight training. However you would need to determine your total daily expenditure of calories and figure your macros out to fit that. You need to dial it in yourself. There's plenty of information in the stickies on here to help you. I advise you read them.
    The three D's - Desire, Determination and Dedication!

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just because you “workout” and eat certain things is no guarantee of adding muscle. Many people have a calorie surplus and sub par training program and add almost all fat. You need to train hard on a proven program and eat in a slight deficit with consistent protein feedings during the day.

Keep an eye on your waist measurement in relation to your weight gain.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

J234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Are you serious? OP is not eating a single vegetable in his day. Horrible diet. Who cares about your macros and calories and how jacked you are if you drop dead at 45 from a heart attack or in your 30s from cancer because your diet is horrible.

OP, you need to eat some damn veggies but to answer your question directly yes it is simply a vase of eating more food but pleeeeeeeeeease add a few veggies to your day.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by J234 View Post
    Are you serious? OP is not eating a single vegetable in his day. Horrible diet. Who cares about your macros and calories and how jacked you are if you drop dead at 45 from a heart attack or in your 30s from cancer because your diet is horrible.

OP, you need to eat some damn veggies but to answer your question directly yes it is simply a vase of eating more food but pleeeeeeeeeease add a few veggies to your day.
    He asked about fat gain, not health.

I responded with the relevant subject.
    The power of carbs compels me!