0 0%
  • Clients can't afford the service

0 0%
  • Low quality client leads

1 100.00%
  • Unrealistic goals

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    RabbitFood197 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RabbitFood197 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RabbitFood197 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The strongest PT issues?

Good morning, from your experience, what are your biggest hurdles/challenges as personal trainers in working with clients?

etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1) When they "complain," or wonder why they're not losing weight "fast enough," meanwhile, they're eating a ton of JunkFood (not RabbitFood)... and not following my advice on eating clean or taking my initiative.

2) The inconsistency...whether due to numerous vacations (lucky them, though), or difficulty with continued self-motivation, fatigue/tiredness due to medical/health conditions (especially with the special populations), etc.. Trainers understand, but it does make the job harder.

3) Using the sessions for emotional therapy instead of serious physical and mental training. They want results, but they need to understand enough work has to be done. Genuine bonding happens all the time, but the sessions themselves should not be centered around emotional issues or discussions.

That's only a few... I'm sure others can add to this.

Edit: Just read the poll. Every option can be an obstacle!
    When I hear people say, " You should tone down your physique," I know I've achieved my fitness New Year's resolution:)

Cheers to everyone having 2020 vision/insight this decade...

Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    1) When they "complain," or wonder why they're not losing weight "fast enough," meanwhile, they're eating a ton of JunkFood (not RabbitFood)... and not following my advice on eating clean or taking my initiative.

2) The inconsistency...whether due to numerous vacations (lucky them, though), or difficulty with continued self-motivation, fatigue/tiredness due to medical/health conditions (especially with the special populations), etc.. Trainers understand, but it does make the job harder.

3) Using the sessions for emotional therapy instead of serious physical and mental training. They want results, but they need to understand enough work has to be done. Genuine bonding happens all the time, but the sessions themselves should not be centered around emotional issues or discussions.

That's only a few... I'm sure others can add to this.

Edit: Just read the poll. Every option can be an obstacle!
    Strong yes to #3!

Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When they say they are tracking calories and doing everything right while not in the studio yet the weight loss is either very very slow or not happening at all. I have them share their calorie journals and even take pics of the meals and send them in. It all looks good based on what they are sharing and tracking but besides feeling much better and being able to do things they have not in a really long time the weight loss is non existent. It's a difficult situation, and only with a few clients, because their lives have been changed in that life is easier and they are stronger and more confident in doing things everyday things but the #1 goal (weight loss) is not being reached. One side of me says great! I got into this to make people feel better and get healthy...they love the program, feel better, stronger and are living a better quality life so I'm happy!!. While the other side of me says there is no way they are at a certain calorie point and are doing the walking and drinking more water like they say they are. Again, only a few are like this and are really good people so I wouldn't think they are out right lying to me but for the life of me I can't figure out where the disconnect is. Sorry for the rant but I thought this was the perfect place to post this

etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^It could be a sluggish metabolism that prevents some from losing weight, even though they are eating correctly. How do you fix a sluggish metabolism? Usually by building enough muscle (key word- enough, which is highly individual), changing a sedentary lifestyle to a physically active one, increasing fitness/conditioning levels, not taking medications that slow metabolism, following the right diet...all lifestyle influences. And for the average client in "below average" conditioning, that's not always an easy or quick task.
    When I hear people say, " You should tone down your physique," I know I've achieved my fitness New Year's resolution:)

Cheers to everyone having 2020 vision/insight this decade...

djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000)
    today's society wants a quick magic pill to fix their problem by tomorrow.

lack of understanding that this journey to weight loss / fitness is a marathon.

shows like the biggest loser didn't help with people's perception of proper weight loss, so i've seen many people get tired of waiting for results to show and give up.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates

-USAF crew. 20 years and counting!
    *1C3
    *2T3
    *3P0
    -Cleveland Browns crew
    -Ohio State buckeyes crew