Marusyamanya is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation What do I do wrong?

Hey everyone!
    I’m female 158cm height and 57-58kilo wight. And I’m kinda stuck here for about 6 month
    Ideally would like to be around 50 I guess.
    Problem is I think that I found midpoint of my macros but I don’t want to cut more.
    Maybe I can play with carbs I think.
    As a rn my macros are
    Fat- 80g
    Carbs- 50g
    Protein- 90-100g
    I eat really clean
    Basically buckwheat, whole grain crackers (that’s it with carbs)
    Salmon, lean beef, eggs that’s my protein
    Cashews , oil sometimes, avocado
    I eat a lot of veggies as a zucchini, gray squash, broccoli, green beans
    Eating around 4-5 times a day
    Lifting 3 times a week without cardio (that’s the reason why I stop doing cardio coz I didnt see any progress only loosing my muscles and become really flat).
    Any advice , ideas what could be wrong?
    And also I’ve tried less fat more carbs (start gaining weight on more carbs)
    Protein is the same all the time
    Thanks all of you who respond

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Weight control is 100% calorie driven. I hate giving such a simple, short answer but you really just need to eat fewer calories. You can "play" with macros and %'s all you want but it's going to come down to consuming less cals.

It sounds like you have a good handle on foods, macros etc... As you lose weight, your TDEE will fall with it so an adjustment is usually needed when people plateau.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need to drop weekly calories. You’re a small woman so you have 2 factors working against you. Women have a harder time losing fat and being on the small side you can’t run a very big deficit so your loss will be slow. Dropping a hundred calories a day will help. Start with that and review in 3 weeks
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    Weight control is 100% calorie driven. I hate giving such a simple, short answer but you really just need to eat fewer calories. You can "play" with macros and %'s all you want but it's going to come down to consuming less cals.

It sounds like you have a good handle on foods, macros etc... As you lose weight, your TDEE will fall with it so an adjustment is usually needed when people plateau.
    Thank you for your answer!
    As a rn my calorie intake around 1200-1300 kcal .
    And 1000 kcal a day seems to me reeeealy low . Maybe I should try , you never know before you try. The main concern is to not destroy hormone system with such low kcal intake . And then how long I can stay at that point?

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You need to drop weekly calories. You’re a small woman so you have 2 factors working against you. Women have a harder time losing fat and being on the small side you can’t run a very big deficit so your loss will be slow. Dropping a hundred calories a day will help. Start 0with that and review in 3 weeks
    Thank you , will try my best =)

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Marusyamanya View Post
    Thank you for your answer!
    As a rn my calorie intake around 1200-1300 kcal .
    And 1000 kcal a day seems to me reeeealy low . Maybe I should try , you never know before you try. The main concern is to not destroy hormone system with such low kcal intake . And then how long I can stay at that point?
    your counting is off. If you were at a true 1200 every day for 3 weeks you’d be losing. You need to drop overall calories. A pic would help better access your position

One thing to understand is that yes, your calorie amount will be seemingly way to low because people have a hard time understanding that someone needs such low calories to lose fat however with your small stature the game changes somewhat
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 01-10-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

your counting is off. If you were at a true 1200 every day for 3 weeks you’d be losing. You need to drop overall calories. A pic would help better access your position

One thing to understand is that yes, your calorie amount will be seemingly way to low because people have a hard time understanding that someone needs such low calories to lose fat however with your small stature the game changes somewhat
    Why its off?
    I counting on daily basis in MyFitnessPal and its 1200-1300.
    That’s why I’m concern . It’s really low and I’m not loosing anything =(
    Also I don’t counting veggies like broccoli , zucchini, gray squash coz its more like fiber

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why its off?
    Also I don’t counting veggies like broccoli , zucchini, gray squash coz its more like fiber
    It doesn't matter if you think you're eating 1200 or 800 or 2500 calories--if you're not losing weight over a 3-4 week period, you're eating at maintenance or above. And if you're eating at maintenance or above, you're not averaging a "really low" calorie level.

Why its off?
    It’s off because of inaccurate counting and tracking due to

Not counting everything including liquid calories every day

MFP being inaccurate

You’re not using a scale

Etc

If you want to progress you need to get your head around taking in fewer weekly calories

Period.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

It’s off because of inaccurate counting and tracking due to

Not counting everything including liquid calories every day

MFP being inaccurate

You’re not using a scale

Etc

If you want to progress you need to get your head around taking in fewer weekly calories

Period.
    Ok. Than what is the right way to count? Just write it down? And also meals not staying the same every day, it can change like today fish tomorrow beef etc. What the right way to count calories? If its not in program

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok. Than what is the right way to count? Just write it down? And also meals not staying the same every day, it can change like today fish tomorrow beef etc. What the right way to count calories? If its not in program
    Use a digital kitchen scale to weigh all solid and semi-solid foods and measuring cups/spoons for liquids. Also, when picking the food entries in My fitness pal, confirm that the nutrition info is correct. Any user can add foods to the MFP database and many are wrong. One good way to be sure the entry is right is to type "USDA" with it (e.g., USDA large egg.) Those entries generally match what's in the USDA Nutrient Database (which you can check online for free.)

Also, pick a calorie goal and eat that number of calories. Do not add back exercise calories as they are too variable and hard to count. I'd use a generic TDEE calculator for that goal, not the MFP calculator.

Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    Use a digital kitchen scale to weigh all solid and semi-solid foods and measuring cups/spoons for liquids. Also, when picking the food entries in My fitness pal, confirm that the nutrition info is correct. Any user can add foods to the MFP database and many are wrong. One good way to be sure the entry is right is to type "USDA" with it (e.g., USDA large egg.) Those entries generally match what's in the USDA Nutrient Database (which you can check online for free.)

Also, pick a calorie goal and eat that number of calories. Do not add back exercise calories as they are too variable and hard to count. I'd use a generic TDEE calculator for that goal, not the MFP calculator.
    Thank you!
    Yes, I understand that’s its not 100% accurate, I usually scan barcode and that compare it with package. And I never count my workouts . Never even think of it =)
    What about when you go out, than how you count for instance salad with chicken, you don’t not for sure what’s weight of it

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would focus on building muscle, American measurements your like 5’2 125-130lbs, you really don’t need to lose weight. I am only an inch taller and weigh less but I have small frame.

ya and this!!!! at 1200 cals I’d drop to 80lbs (~36kgs) in 1-2 months, I eat around 2100 cals for maintenance but I know what I am consuming and have a good idea after years of tracking macros what the exact amount of food I am eating is.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Thank you!
    Yes, I understand that’s its not 100% accurate, I usually scan barcode and that compare it with package. And I never count my workouts . Never even think of it =)
    What about when you go out, than how you count for instance salad with chicken, you don’t not for sure what’s weight of it
    If you Google "serving size chart" the image results will give you ideas of how to estimate serving sizes by comparing them to your hand, thumb, a golf ball, etc.

Plus if you tend to order the same thing over and over and you're not losing weight, the easiest thing to do is keep ordering it but eat less or ask for something to be left off--dressing, dried cranberries, nuts, whatever might shave off a few calories.

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    I would focus on building muscle, American measurements your like 5’2 125-130lbs, you really don’t need to lose weight. I am only an inch taller and weigh less but I have small frame.

ya and this!!!! at 1200 cals I’d drop to 80lbs (~36kgs) in 1-2 months, I eat around 2100 cals for maintenance but I know what I am consuming and have a good idea after years of tracking macros what the exact amount of food I am eating is.
    Anecdotal calorie amounts are useless. Day to day NEAT numbers can vary by 1.000 calories a day or more. You don't burn that much working out it's what you do all day that counts. I'm 180 and don't lose unless I'm 1,700 or lower. Everyone is different in their requirements...

Again a pic would be helpful

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post

Haha wow! I wish I can eat that much , unfortunately more that 1500 and I start gaining weight and don’t feel comfortable. I was 91 kilos at some point of my life and also 44 kg (without period for 3 years). So, luckily I’m healthy now but can not afford to eat that much so far. I’m working out , I don’t do cardio only weights 3 times a week coz of my stupid work hours . Also I’ve tried keto for like 3 weeks and felt awful and bloating . I think LCHF is the key for me . Thank you for your reply . Now I’m 1200-1300 calories per day and finally seeing scales go down (not too much ) but I feel better . Of course I do measure myself and do pictures to see how body recomposition