Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My 12-week plan to lose fat (opinions would be greatly appreciated)

Hi everyone,

I'm 30 years old, Male, weighing 306lbs and 50% Body Fat.

I read all the stickies, got some sound advice, etc. I am tired of being lazy, feeling sick, etc.

I would like your opinion on my 12-week plan to lose fat. I want to push and have a better metabolism and try to cut the incoming loose skin to a bare minimum. My goal is to be 160lbs and have under 15% Body Fat (I've had enough of being fat - I used to be waaaayyy slimmer - was a ballroom dancer - until about 7 years ago where I fell into the "depression" trap).

Anyway, here it is.

Week 1:
    - Start counting calories on MyFitnessPal.
    - Eat at least 130g of protein and 60g of fat per day. Drink 2-3L of water per day.
    - Eat max 3000 calories per day.

Week 2:
    - Sleep minimum 8-9 hours per night (I have sleep apnea).
    - Drink at least 1L of Oolong Tea per day --> I read somewhere that this boosts metabolism big time.
    - Take Omega 3 + Vitamin C capsules, and Collagen Peptides powder every day --> I want to try and avoid loose skin as much as possible!

Week 3:
    - Workout: All Pro Beginner’s Training 3x per week.
    - Have 350ml of Milk (with cocoa powder, only after workout) and 90g of cheese per day.
    - Have at least 1 protein and 1 fruit/veggie per meal (Grapefruit pre-meal = must) --> I read Grapefruits pre-meal = amazing for metabolism.

Week 4:
    - Walk/light jog 2x per week (part of All Pro's cardio on off-days).
    - Have eggs every morning. Pork or red meat every day.
    - Eat max 2750 calories per day.

Week 5:
    - Walk to work every day (approx. 1.8km roundtrip).
    - Eat minimum 500g of fruits/veggies per day (berries, melons, grapes).
    - Buy a cookbook and learn to make great new meals.

Week 6:
    - Buy own grocery, cook own food, wash own dishes, get water yourself (stop being lazy).
    - Cut on restaurants. Max 2x per week. No doubles, no desserts, only salads as sides.
    - Eat max 2500 calories per day.

Week 7:
    - Have meal plans in advance.
    - Cut on desserts and processed foods. Start buying more organic foods.
    - Have at least 1 hot spicy food per day --> I hear it helps with metabolism.

Week 8:
    - Take the girlfriend ballroom dancing at least 1x per week --> we met dancing.
    - Invest in more ketogenic foods, cut junk cravings with low-calorie snacks!
    - Eat max 2250 calories per day.

Week 9:
    - Clean/vacuum the house and take out the trash every week.
    - Cut on soft drinks entirely.
    - Have at least 2 hot spicy foods per day.

Week 10:
    - Read and study inspirational books before bed.
    - Make full bedroom clean-up. Focus on achieving amazing results. New lifestyle all the way.
    - Eat max 2000 calories per day.

Week 11:
    - Upgrade to hiking/fast-walk/jogging 2x per week.
    - Have at least 3 hot spicy foods per day.

Week 12:
    - Book a trip somewhere nice!

Thanking you in advance for your opinion/comments!

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh man, this post is one big hot mess.

130g of protein and 60g of fats is NOT sufficient for someone your size. Please go back 1 page, read the sticky thread titled "Dont Look Past the Basics".

Then read this: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

I'm not sure what eating hot/spicy foods has to do with anything, or eating 500g of fruits/veggies has to do with anything, it certainly has nothing to do with weight loss. Neither does eating grapefruit, or milk, or cheese. Not sure why you would want to eat pork or red meat every day either. You're also waiting until week 7 to cut out processed foods and desserts and week 9 to cut out soft drinks, that should all be done on day 1.

Don't over complicate this. Pick 1 calorie amount (say 2500), get at least 0.8g of protein and 0.4g of fats per pound of target bodyweight daily, fill the rest of your calories with whatever combination of macros you prefer. Get some exercise, preferably something with regular strength training involved. Good luck.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mrblancoblanco View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm 30 years old, Male, weighing 306lbs and 50% Body Fat.
    Don't have to make an elaborated plan regarding your situation. Just sign up to the closest gym, start eating healthy (take in count the requirements of carbs/proteins/fats) and start doing. Work more, talk less (at least that's my advice).

Good luck!

mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrblancoblanco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    130g of protein and 60g of fats is NOT sufficient for someone your size. Please go back 1 page, read the sticky thread titled "Dont Look Past the Basics".
    Don't over complicate this. Pick 1 calorie amount (say 2500), get at least 0.8g of protein and 0.4g of fats per pound of target bodyweight daily, fill the rest of your calories with whatever combination of macros you prefer.
    That's the thing. My target bodyweight is 160lbs. 160 x 0.8g of protein = 128g, and 160 x 0.4g of fats = 64g.

Then read this: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001
    or eating 500g of fruits/veggies has to do with anything
    I read it a few times. Hence why I want 500g of fruits/veggies per day for health benefits (which is mentioned in that post). If I feel healthier it will push me to lose weight.

I'm not sure what eating hot/spicy foods has to do with anything [...] Neither does eating grapefruit, or milk, or cheese. Not sure why you would want to eat pork or red meat every day either.
    I got this from the Total Metabolism Forecaster (I read that thoroughly as well), since my metabolism is not good at all.
    Link for thread here: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114980801

Also, I'm trying to limit excess skin. My neighbor weighed practically as much as I did and he lost all his weight and now he's struggling with extra skin which does not look good.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm with the above 2

Far too much thought into this. Losing weight isn't rocket nutrition. You just eat in a deficit and stay there, day in, day out, every day, until you are at your goal weight.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Week 9:
    - Clean/vacuum the house and take out the trash every week.
    What kind of a sty do you live in to put this in a fat loss plan?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Baby steps man...baby steps
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Lol. I've been so lazy I barely do house chores. The house is a mess. We clean it every like 3-4 months lol. It's for some movement/activity. I've become extremely lazy and demotivated because of my weight - and am trying hard to break out of that spell.

Lol. I've been so lazy I barely do house chores. The house is a mess. We clean it every like 3-4 months lol. It's for some movement/activity. I've become extremely lazy and demotivated because of my weight - and am trying hard to break out of that spell.
    Keep at it man! I wish you the best, I really do.
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    Keep at it man! I wish you the best, I really do.
    Thank you.

I just want to make sure with one thing though.

If 130g of protein and 60g of fats is not sufficient for someone my size. Then how much should I take of each? The way I read the stickies was exactly that (0.8g of protein and 0.4g of fats per pound of target bodyweight). My target bodyweight is 160lbs. Unless I should do smaller goals first? Start with say 260lbs and then 220, then 180, then 160?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's the thing. My target bodyweight is 160lbs. 160 x 0.8g of protein = 128g, and 160 x 0.4g of fats = 64g.

I read it a few times. Hence why I want 500g of fruits/veggies per day for health benefits (which is mentioned in that post). If I feel healthier it will push me to lose weight.

I got this from the Total Metabolism Forecaster (I read that thoroughly as well), since my metabolism is not good at all.
    Link for thread here: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114980801

Also, I'm trying to limit excess skin. My neighbor weighed practically as much as I did and he lost all his weight and now he's struggling with extra skin which does not look good.
    Just because you read something doesn't make it true. I can point you towards multiple articles that say never eat carbs after 6pm, or stay away from white rice, or why you should workout fasted, which are all total BS.

And that thread about the "total metabolism factor", as soon as it mentions body ****totypes (endomorph, mesomorph, etc) and "Starvation Mode" I stopped reading, total and complete BS.

The only things that matter is staying in a caloric deficit, hitting your minimum macros, and strength training/exercise.

You can't really do anything about loose skin except for to lose weight slowly and gradually. The amount of fat you're carrying and age will typically be the biggest factors affecting loose skin. But going from 300+ lbs to 160 you should probably expect to have some.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Just because you read something doesn't make it true. I can point you towards multiple articles that say never eat carbs after 6pm, or stay away from white rice, or why you should workout fasted, which are all total BS.

And that thread about the "total metabolism factor", as soon as it mentions body ****totypes (endomorph, mesomorph, etc) and "Starvation Mode" I stopped reading, total and complete BS.

The only things that matter is staying in a caloric deficit, hitting your minimum macros, and strength training/exercise.

You can't really do anything about loose skin except for to lose weight slowly and gradually. The amount of fat you're carrying and age will typically be the biggest factors affecting loose skin. But going from 300+ lbs to 160 you should probably expect to have some.
    Thank you for your reply. I'm still unsure about macros. If my target bodyweight is 160lbs, does that mean I should do 160lbs x 0.8g of protein and 160lbs x 0.4g of fats? Or would you suggest having more "realistic" closer target bodyweight for now, like 200? 240? 270? and multiply from there?

Thank you for your reply. I'm still unsure about macros. If my target bodyweight is 160lbs, does that mean I should do 160lbs x 0.8g of protein and 160lbs x 0.4g of fats? Or would you suggest having more "realistic" closer target bodyweight for now, like 200? 240? 270? and multiply from there?
    Its going to take you a LONG time to get down to your ultimate goal weight. If it were me I would use 25% increment goals if I were you. So if you're 306 now, and you want to get to 160 eventually thats 146 lbs away, so start with 146 x .25 = 36.5 so 306 - 36.5 = 270 ish lbs for your first goal weight. Others may suggest something different, but that's what I would do.

Its going to take you a LONG time to get down to your ultimate goal weight. If it were me I would use 25% increment goals if I were you. So if you're 306 now, and you want to get to 160 eventually thats 146 lbs away, so start with 146 x .25 = 36.5 so 306 - 36.5 = 270 ish lbs for your first goal weight. Others may suggest something different, but that's what I would do.
    Thank you for the advice! I will do just that!

marcp88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Following this thread, you can do it. Baby steps, anything you were not doing yesterday is a step in the right direction
    Slowly getting back on track:

12-30-2019: 225.8 lbs
    01-06-2020: 221.4 lbs
    01-13-2020 : 220.8 lbs

Total weight lost: 5 lbs

Originally Posted by marcp88 View Post
    Following this thread, you can do it. Baby steps, anything you were not doing yesterday is a step in the right direction
    Thank you. I will do it because I'm so tired of being sick all the time (heartburn, migraines, etc), tired all the time (my energy is so low, I don't feel like doing anything - in contrast, I used to dance 7 days a week up until a few years ago, now I can't even walk up put my damn shoes on), and unhealthy (I hate the way I look - I used to get complimented on my looks all the time, and everyone who sees me again many years later all go "omg what happened to you?". I always had an excuse in the past, and sometimes I looked for one. Sure, I was fighting mental illness, but I finally conquered it and am now focused on feeling amazing again. And my ultimate goal is to be like you guys and help/support others on their journeys. I want to be one of those guys who did it and inspires/pushes others to reach their goals.

That said, I've got one other question for everyone for the time being!!! I would greatly appreciate an opinion on the following:

While I'm going through with my diet and going for 2400 calories (with min. 160g of protein, 80g of fat, and good micronutrients: lots of fruits/veggies, 38g fiber), is it safe to go for low-calorie snacks? Obviously I would stay under the 2400 calorie ceiling, but these snacks might not necessarily be entirely "good?" - I wouldn't know how else to describe them, but they're considered "keto-friendly snacks" (P.S. I'm not doing keto).

For example, I was thinking one of my snacks would be Good Good Sweet Jam with Stevia Strawberry. Now, it tastes a lot like regular jam but only has 4 calories (just 1g of carbs), and the ingredients are: Strawberries (58%), water, sweetener (erythritol, steviol glycosides), gelling agent (pectins), concentrate (carrot, blackcurrant), acid (citric acid), preservatives (potassium sorbate).

That, or, I would eat SmartSweets Plant-Based Low Sugar Sweet Fish which has 80 calories, 7g carbs and 28g of fiber for the whole bag. Also, if okay/good to eat, would that 28g of fiber from this snack count to my necessary micronutrients - or would you avoid such snacks and try to get elsewhere?

Would you have a limit with how many of these kinds of snacks (others being stuff like Moon Cheese, etc) for a good way to fill up in addition to my 160g of proteins + 80g of fats per day?

Also, last thing! Is there a limit to fiber intake? Should I, say, not surpass 40-50-60g of fibers per day?

Thank you once again everyone! I appreciate all the support and help! You guys are the best!

Lewis2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you. I will do it because I'm so tired of being sick all the time (heartburn, migraines, etc), tired all the time (my energy is so low, I don't feel like doing anything - in contrast, I used to dance 7 days a week up until a few years ago, now I can't even walk up put my damn shoes on), and unhealthy (I hate the way I look - I used to get complimented on my looks all the time, and everyone who sees me again many years later all go "omg what happened to you?". I always had an excuse in the past, and sometimes I looked for one. Sure, I was fighting mental illness, but I finally conquered it and am now focused on feeling amazing again. And my ultimate goal is to be like you guys and help/support others on their journeys. I want to be one of those guys who did it and inspires/pushes others to reach their goals.

That said, I've got one other question for everyone for the time being!!! I would greatly appreciate an opinion on the following:

While I'm going through with my diet and going for 2400 calories (with min. 160g of protein, 80g of fat, and good micronutrients: lots of fruits/veggies, 38g fiber), is it safe to go for low-calorie snacks? Obviously I would stay under the 2400 calorie ceiling, but these snacks might not necessarily be entirely "good?" - I wouldn't know how else to describe them, but they're considered "keto-friendly snacks" (P.S. I'm not doing keto).

For example, I was thinking one of my snacks would be Good Good Sweet Jam with Stevia Strawberry. Now, it tastes a lot like regular jam but only has 4 calories (just 1g of carbs), and the ingredients are: Strawberries (58%), water, sweetener (erythritol, steviol glycosides), gelling agent (pectins), concentrate (carrot, blackcurrant), acid (citric acid), preservatives (potassium sorbate).

That, or, I would eat SmartSweets Plant-Based Low Sugar Sweet Fish which has 80 calories, 7g carbs and 28g of fiber for the whole bag. Also, if okay/good to eat, would that 28g of fiber from this snack count to my necessary micronutrients - or would you avoid such snacks and try to get elsewhere?

Would you have a limit with how many of these kinds of snacks (others being stuff like Moon Cheese, etc) for a good way to fill up in addition to my 160g of proteins + 80g of fats per day?

Also, last thing! Is there a limit to fiber intake? Should I, say, not surpass 40-50-60g of fibers per day?

Thank you once again everyone! I appreciate all the support and help! You guys are the best!
    If it fits your macros, have it. I don't eat healthy, but I lose weight because I track what I eat and everything stays within my target calories and macros. Remember, losing weight and being healthy are two different things.

Originally Posted by Lewis2014 View Post
    If it fits your macros, have it. I don't eat healthy, but I lose weight because I track what I eat and everything stays within my target calories and macros. Remember, losing weight and being healthy are two different things.
    Thanks for the reply!

peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am in the last 2 weeks of a "12 week" (three times 30 days) program, and there was one major change that helped me: intermittent fasting.

I started out with the idea of intermittent fasting as I was following what someone did on YouTube but then dropped it for the second 30 days and my results went down a lot in that second 30 days, so I reintroduced it and it helps a lot.

So if your results are like mine, I would say that you could achieve your results a lot better if you just don't eat in the morning after you get up - skip breakfast, don't eat anything at all, walk to work in a fasted state, and don't eat at work either, all the way until Lunch. (Which should be your first meal).

I don't think you'll be very hungry, it's not a big temptation to eat when I'm in a fasted state (at least for me) but it helps big time in terms of adherence to reducing the calories within the whole day.

For example you say "eat 2 eggs in the morning" but while you're at it, you're quite likely to take out one or two pieces of toast, and maybe put some jam on it, and before you know it you've added 400-600 calories to your day that you weren't even intending.

by contrast if your first meal is at noon, you only have another 9 hours to get through until 9 p.m.... much easier to practice adherence IMO.

Raffsheed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck my man, you mentioned sleep apnea, have you had a sleep test confirming this? and if so are using a cpap? Personally the cpap changed my life, I had zero energy, barely getting through the day, constantly nodding off, the last I could think about was working out... I gained a ton of weight, dropped 36lbs with some to go, consistency and patience... Its one thing to have the will to do it, but you need the energy.. I also had severe acid reflux and high blood pressure, reflux is gone and blood pressure meds cut in half due to the cpap.. I fell into a funk and ate for comfort and also had a low image of myself, all has changed for the best and I wish you the same... You are getting advice here, don't over think, just start it up and be patient

Originally Posted by peterm28 View Post
    I am in the last 2 weeks of a "12 week" (three times 30 days) program, and there was one major change that helped me: intermittent fasting.

I started out with the idea of intermittent fasting as I was following what someone did on YouTube but then dropped it for the second 30 days and my results went down a lot in that second 30 days, so I reintroduced it and it helps a lot.

So if your results are like mine, I would say that you could achieve your results a lot better if you just don't eat in the morning after you get up - skip breakfast, don't eat anything at all, walk to work in a fasted state, and don't eat at work either, all the way until Lunch. (Which should be your first meal).

I don't think you'll be very hungry, it's not a big temptation to eat when I'm in a fasted state (at least for me) but it helps big time in terms of adherence to reducing the calories within the whole day.

For example you say "eat 2 eggs in the morning" but while you're at it, you're quite likely to take out one or two pieces of toast, and maybe put some jam on it, and before you know it you've added 400-600 calories to your day that you weren't even intending.

by contrast if your first meal is at noon, you only have another 9 hours to get through until 9 p.m.... much easier to practice adherence IMO.
    Thanks for your reply! I have done intermittent fasting in the past. I liked it because it motivated me to not eat outside of my "hours", but I've been fighting with morning migraines for a while now, and I noticed that if I don't eat in the morning, the headache somehow intensifies. Maybe it's just me overthinking it, but I might go back into intermittent fasting. For the time being, I will stick to following a strict 2400 calorie diet with proper macros and see where that gets me - but will keep intermittent fasting on my mind.

Originally Posted by Raffsheed View Post
    Good luck my man, you mentioned sleep apnea, have you had a sleep test confirming this? and if so are using a cpap? Personally the cpap changed my life, I had zero energy, barely getting through the day, constantly nodding off, the last I could think about was working out... I gained a ton of weight, dropped 36lbs with some to go, consistency and patience... Its one thing to have the will to do it, but you need the energy.. I also had severe acid reflux and high blood pressure, reflux is gone and blood pressure meds cut in half due to the cpap.. I fell into a funk and ate for comfort and also had a low image of myself, all has changed for the best and I wish you the same... You are getting advice here, don't over think, just start it up and be patient
    Thank you for your reply! I have 96 interruptions per hour (which is considered severe sleep apnea). It does not help that I need to get my tonsils removed (they are seriously large) and need to make some sort of nasal opening(?) too (it runs in the family), but obviously being severely overweight does not help matters at all. Here's the issue though - I signed up to get a sleep apnea test done about 5 years ago (the wait list in my city is ridiculously long - they initially told me it would take 2-3 years), but a year ago, I finally decided not to wait any longer (since I was in such a bad state sleep-wise) and go to a private clinic which cost me an arm and a leg. That's where they found that I had really tight nasal openings and that they told me to get my tonsils removed ASAP. I've since had an appointment to get my tonsils removed and am still waiting for the hospital to call me for surgery... Everything is taking an eternity. The thing that really sucks is that I can't even have a CPAP machine since I can't breathe from my nose in my sleep (I only breathe through my mouth - which is horrible because I wake up every morning with a completely dry mouth). I've even tried every mask possible, even the full mask, and I choke so much at night - way worse than without a mask/CPAP machine. All I can do for the moment is wait for my tonsils to get removed and then get my nasal passage opened up. For now, I have to suffer with sleep apnea - and yeah, I feel energy-less, lazy as all hell, and sometimes I honestly feel like a zombie.

I have another question for everyone!

I find it particularly tough (and quite expensive) to get to the minimum proteins per day.

Would anyone recommend whey protein - where I'd drink it in the morning or pre/post-workout? If so, would you take it only once a day or could I opt for 2 times a day? Also, which in your opinion is the best to take from?

Many thanks again for the help! It's really appreciated!

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)

I find it particularly tough (and quite expensive) to get to the minimum proteins per day.

Would anyone recommend whey protein - where I'd drink it in the morning or pre/post-workout? If so, would you take it only once a day or could I opt for 2 times a day? Also, which in your opinion is the best to take from?

Its not that hard to hit your protein goals but spreading it out is beneficial for muscles so as someone who doesn't feel very hungry in the morning I often start the day with a protein shake. I would not be drinking them around meals when you are already getting your protein from a meat dish or something like that. Right now I'm mostly drinking them in the morning and post workout. One a day is an easy way to go from 120g to 150g. My normal day might look something like 30G for breakfast via shake maybe ill eat a small piece of fruit or some low cal snack food with it if I'm actually hungry. another 30-40 grams at lunch from say a 6-8 inch sub from subway or pen station getting me to around 70 then i normally eat like 50+ grams for dinner say grilled chicken breast or a big double cheeseburger with some veggies with my large meal then another 30 or so grams as a snack before bed when I eat say some yogurt and pack of tuna I normally like to throw in some rice cakes or peanut butter crackers or a banana something like that.

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    12 weeks? That's optimistic.

You need a feedback mechanism that tells you how your daily target calory input needs to change when you have a cheat day.

Readjust eating and movements weekly.

12 weeks are ok to form a habit. The real work begins later.
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You need movement anyway, so start cleaning today.
    If your diet fails at least youll have a clean house.
    No car.

Do a test run of every option and measure to see whether you can actually do it on a day.
    Or a week.

Like cleaning the house, go to the gym (do you have a job?), cooking the meals. Shopping for the meals.
    No car.

peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peterm28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

yes in my 12 week cut I ate a huge amount of soy/whey powder. It doesn't matter which you pick, you can just pick the cheapest. Eat a ton of it. (like 12-20 lbs of powder per month - it should be an item in your budget, you should be eating so much of it.) (That is, if you're doing the same program as me.)

regarding your migraines, try taking caffeine in the morning. maybe you drink a lot of caffeine throughout the day? (so you have a caffeine headache in the morning as a result?) you could also just take an aspirin each and every morning for the next 12 weeks. it's not going to kill you but will get rid of a headache.

drink a lot of water too.

Raffsheed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Damn, that's crazy it would take so long to get seen man, I had it severe too, I went through tons of masks and literally months of trying to get used it, mask that worked for me is resmed n30i, I have a deviated septum which made it tough.. I was mouth breather too man, would wake up with dry mouth after drinking water all night, I had to train myself to breathe through my nose, wasn't easy, but dry mouth has gone away, also that when my acid reflux went away too. Saying all that, sleep is crucial and I never realize how bad I was... Once you get all that straightened out, don't give up with cpap, its the key for success, I would get two hours a night with it, rip it off and all, I never gave on it and now get a good night sleep and I have an energy that I haven't had in years... I cant stress how important it is, not just for physical health but mental as well... I know the feelings your having, but just want ya to understand not beat yourself up. its a real medical condition, try and make the dietary changes and lifestyle adjustments ya can, but the true factor here will be getting the proper rest your body desperately needs, especially on a workout regimen, good luck man and stay the course!