DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000)

Most Advantageous Reward Credit Cards To Own

What are the Most Advantageous Reward Credit Cards To Own? Which give the best travel, cash back, protection, warranties, and special promotion rewards?

wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The best one I've gotten so far was Southwest when they had the 60k points promo. It's $149/yr but they give you $75 travel credit and 7,500 points annually also so it offsets the fee. With the right timing, I've been able to get about 4-5 RT flights from the 60k points alone.

Last year they also had a promo that gave a companion pass for getting their CC so that someone else can fly with you for free. My coworker got that and uses it often.

One more thing - I'll probably cancel when I use up all my points. The 60k points was the main reason why I signed up. Will probably look into another travel CC soon with a good sign up bonus and ongoing perks for a reasonable annual fee.
    Last edited by wutevs; 01-18-2020 at 01:54 AM.

AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For me it came down to the Citi Prestige, AMEX Gold and Chase Sapphire Reserve.

CSR ultimately won out because I thought it was the more balanced card I could use for everyday spending to get travel rewards, comes with a lot of protections/etc too. I'm not into churning and really just wanted something balanced that gives a good amount for dining. Really I dont think you can go wrong with any of those cards, you should read some of the write ups and see which one fits you best. Thepointsguy.com has pretty good write ups.
    ★cVc★ 11b NFS
    USC Trojans - ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ - Loss Angeles Rams
    *Alex Morgan Fanclub Founder*
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***

Probably playing Devil's Advocate

Registered User BuckNakedinBama's Avatar
    BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like my Amex Platinum for the travel perks. The Delta Lounge alone is worth it. Nice to just have the prestige too, but probably not worth it to most people.
    ---GIVE-------------------------------
    -----ME-------------------------------
    ------LIBERTY------------------------
    --or-----------------------------------
    ---GIVE-------------------------------
    -----ME-------------------------------
    ------DEATH-------------------------

LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was going to spam this thread with my referral links, but that would kind of take away from any of the real, solid advice that can be given. So let me just say this: I've had a LOT of travel reward credit cards. And I've used them to visit Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, Japan, Thailand (twice!) and Turkey. All flights in business class, except Japan which was in first class. In 2020 I'll be visiting Germany & the Philippines using points/miles. One thing is certain - the trick is in maximizing value out of a high annual fee card. You can get back 10x what it costs if you're smart about it.

My rankings:
    1) The Chase Sapphire Reserve - You get a $300 travel credit that immediately applies to any kind of airfare/hotel stays that are billed to the card. As well as a signup bonus (I think its like 80k chase UR points). Plus lounge access - this has been key, especially overseas. There's nothing like strolling through a busy airport and walking into a quiet, peaceful lounge full of free liquor and food. Further, the points that you get for signing up have a higher value 1.5 cents per points than any other chase card (between 1.25 down to 1.0 cents per points). So when you go onto the chase rewards travel portal (just a re-skinned expedia website) you can stretch your points further. You also get $60 in doordash credits per year all at once (plus free doorpass, so no delivery fee). You can have a feast for Superbowl Sunday.

2) The Hilton Aspire Amex - You get like 150k Hilton Honors points as the sign-up bonus, plus a $250 airline credit, and an annual Free Weekend Night certificate. And the free night cert works at any hilton property - I used it at the Waldorf Bangkok. My gf told me they had the best cappuccino she'd had in her whole life, and she spent a year in Italy. Anyways, you also get diamond status, so upgraded rooms and 5th night free when booking 4 nights with points. I actually wrote out this long screed on reddit where I crunched the numbers and determined that I got $3,284 out of that $450 fee.

Link for Aspire

3) The Chase Southwest Cards - Right now they all have a higher bonus, and only until sometime in Mid-February. My favorites are the priority and performance biz cards, since they give 4 upgrades to A-list per year. Otherwise I'm always in the D-boarding group. Honestly when it comes to Southwest, I use them as my means of booking cheaper international travel by using points to fly to near my destination, and then paying $ to take a puddle jumper to where I want to go (that SW doesn't fly to). Like if I want to go to Montreal, I'll fly SW for free to Buffallo NY, or Boston, and then get a cheaper flight on some carrier to reach Canada. Or fly to Costa Rica on SW, then a little puddle-jumper to go to Panama or Colombia. With the current sign-up bonuses going on, I'd equate the bonus points to about 4 free flights.

Link for SW Cards

If people pm I'll shoot the links so they can get higher sign-up bonuses, or if they have any other questions.

Edit: ok as by request I've included the links for the Aspire & SW cards since ref links give higher sign up bonuses
    Last edited by LurkoLantern; 01-18-2020 at 06:06 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glow, glow, glow your boat

wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000) wutevs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    FUDGE Southwest is now giving 75k points as a bonus offer. The highest I saw was 60k when I signed up when it was consistently at 40k.