fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

is it possible to lose muscle whilst putting on fat ?

Is it possible for someone that actively trains to lose some muscle but still be putting fat on ? for example they are getting fatter but at the same time are noticing that there muscles are getting smaller...

For example

someone still worked out 3/4 times a week... are eating in a surplus so should be putting fat on but also making gains... but their calories are deficient in protein mostly carbs and fat... would that person put weight/fat on whilst be losing muscle as there protein in take is too low for recovery/growth.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Losing muscle while training properly and eating a surplus is practically impossible.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Losing muscle while training properly and eating a surplus is practically impossible.
    I swear im lifting as much as usual... actually more as my strength has gone up however my biceps/triceps look smaller than usual and im getting bigger round the waist jean size for putting on some fat.... so I thought it was either me over training the muscle... not giving it enough time to heal or not taking in enough protein that might be the problem.

as I do a push pull leg split and have a bad habit of training my arms every session... 3 times a week and to fatigue..

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by fendertele View Post
    I swear im lifting as much as usual... actually more as my strength has gone up however my biceps/triceps look smaller than usual and im getting bigger round the waist jean size for putting on some fat.... so I thought it was either me over training the muscle... not giving it enough time to heal or not taking in enough protein that might be the problem.

as I do a push pull leg split and have a bad habit of training my arms every session... 3 times a week and to fatigue..
    Keyword here is 'look'...

Your eyes are playing tricks on you, or there's simply a difference in pump, water, bloating, etc...
    The power of carbs compels me!

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

As mentioned you're not going to lose muscle if training properly.

But if you're only training 3 days a week you should not be on a PPL, you should be on a full body. PPL is more ideal for those working out 6 days a week.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    actually more as my strength has gone up however my biceps/triceps look smaller than usual and im getting bigger round the waist jean size for putting on some fat.... as I do a push pull leg split and have a bad habit of training my arms every session... 3 times a week and to fatigue..
    If your lifts are going up then your muscles wouldn't be getting smaller. Also, it's not a PPL if it's 3 days/week plus you're doing full arms each workout incl. on leg day.

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    probably just losing definition due to increase in bodyfat/sodium/water/glycogen
    -Bears- -Blackhawks- -Bulls- -Whitesox-
    2015 NXT WBG Gold Medalist---- 2015 WWE WBG Bronze Medalist
    #1 in the World for Modern Warfare 3 in Demolition
    Former Halo 3 Pro Gamer
    #1 In class in High School
    NO Count Crew

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Your mind is playing tricks on you and your training program sucks.

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Also, it's not a PPL if it's 3 days/week plus you're doing full arms each workout incl. on leg day.
    Aside from doing arms on leg day, how is it not a PPL even if it's 3 days a week? You could do pushing on Monday, pulling on Tuesday, legs on Wednesday and have Thurs - Sunday off. Far from optimal but that's still PPL surely?

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    Aside from doing arms on leg day, how is it not a PPL even if it's 3 days a week? You could do pushing on Monday, pulling on Tuesday, legs on Wednesday and have Thurs - Sunday off. Far from optimal but that's still PPL surely?
    If doing bis/tris every workout day whether legs or not, it's not a PPL.

If it's set up properly but 3 days/week - it'd be set up like a PPL but missing the benefit of structuring it as a PPL to hit muscles 2x/week while getting enough rest before hitting them again. So you're correct, if there's no full arms every workout - it'd be a PPL but more like a bro split condensed into 3 days.

sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    depends what your training constitutes, but unlikely that you are losing muscle if you train even once or twice a week with decent effort

muscles aren't going to pop out or stick out as much if you're putting on fat.