Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fat

1 100.00%
  • Loose skin

0 0%
  • Both

0 0%
    lilman56 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy 19 year old tryna burn fat.... Need help!!!! Skinny fat:/

Hi im M, 19 years old 5'6.5" and currently weighing 160lbs. I was overweight as a young boy and starved myself to lose over 60lbs(180-129 in about 6 months) I know where i messed up was the way i went about losing the weight, and should have looked to cut calories much more slightly. The problem ive always had was a layer of belly fat that no matter how low of weight i reached, failed to diminish. I am just coming off of a dirty bulk(one of which i kinda slacked on my workouts and still decided to eat at a caloric surplus) and put on about 20lbs in 2 months. Good muscle in my shoulders and arms and some in my abdominals but i believe i gained much of the weight in fat. From reading advice online many say that for people like myself(individuals who are "skinny fat") that if you are currently at 15% body fat, you should cut down until your around 8-10% and then follow that up with a lean bulk. Do you all beleive this is the way to go? any other advice you can give me?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks for taking the time out of your days to read this and help me if you can. Also please comment on whether you believe what im trying to lose or burn, is in fact belly fat and not loose skin from the weight loss.
    see pictures below(Sorry if some are sideways my computer was just not working with me lmao)

Thanks again
    -M
    Attached Images

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should be eating in a deficit, yes. And you have to lift. Don't slack on that whether you are trying to lose, maintain, or gain weight. While losing, you also need to be sure to get sufficient protein (sufficient protein is always important but you need more when cutting than you do when gaining.)

Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lilman56 View Post
    Hi im M, 19 years old 5'6.5" and currently weighing 160lbs. I was overweight as a young boy and starved myself to lose over 60lbs(180-129 in about 6 months) I know where i messed up was the way i went about losing the weight, and should have looked to cut calories much more slightly. The problem ive always had was a layer of belly fat that no matter how low of weight i reached, failed to diminish. I am just coming off of a dirty bulk(one of which i kinda slacked on my workouts and still decided to eat at a caloric surplus) and put on about 20lbs in 2 months. Good muscle in my shoulders and arms and some in my abdominals but i believe i gained much of the weight in fat. From reading advice online many say that for people like myself(individuals who are "skinny fat") that if you are currently at 15% body fat, you should cut down until your around 8-10% and then follow that up with a lean bulk. Do you all beleive this is the way to go? any other advice you can give me?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks for taking the time out of your days to read this and help me if you can. Also please comment on whether you believe what im trying to lose or burn, is in fact belly fat and not loose skin from the weight loss.
    see pictures below(Sorry if some are sideways my computer was just not working with me lmao)

Thanks again
    -M
    Hi Lilman, IMO I wouldn't even worry about bodyfat % at this point and just stick to what you are seeing in the mirror. Based on your goals at hand I would suggest a moderate calorie deficit (500 calories a day) and get on a good lifting program 3-4 days a week. Give it some time and stay consistent, it will work!