marcp88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

4Y Downward Spiral - (In Progress)

Marc - 31 years old French Canadian (sorry for the typos)

I use to post a lot on these boards 5-6 years ago and I use to be in decent shape. 5'8 168. Not muscular but great cardio and loved doing 5k, 10k, half every 2-3 months.

My wife is a training freak, but she never judged or commented on what I was doing or not doing in the past 4 years.

I'm going to keep this post excuses free, the real reason for what I did to my body is just pure laziness.

2 kids now, 5 and 2. I use to play hockey, 2x per week + run + lift weight. Stopped doing any of this after school. I've always been successful when it comes my profession (sales), money isn't the problem. I feel terrible about my image and shape in general, got the house, the car, the family and everything you can buy, but I feel like I'm just trying to fix my moral with $$$ when what I really need can't be bought.

I went from 168 to 226 in 4y. Not a lot of weight, but I probably have no muscular mass right now. This is not a decision made as a new year resolution but after a doctors appointment after 8 years (without seeing one):

Physical and mental results from all of this:

Border line high blood pressure, not on meds yet (family history)
    Bilirubin levels are an issue also (family history also)
    Back pain
    Feet are killing me
    Asthma
    Depression

Last one is a funny story, took me some time to realized that I was just depressed. I always thought I had no patience with my kids, but really it's just the fact that I hate myself, my image. Always feel tight in my clothes, also have to wear a sweat shirt to hide etc. Thing is... I never eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm alone or because I just closed a big win at work. I feel like I need to spend that hard earned money every day. I will close a large contract, I'm at mcdonald to celebrate (alone). Still not sure why I do this to myself but I will find out in the next months. Not 100% but it could be a form of fast food addiction.

What I did to change that in the past days:

- Took some weeks off to get my s*** together and work on my nutrition.
    - Re-installed myfitnesspal

I'm going to work on my nutrition in January, work on low impact cardio and restart working on major lifts. Just make small changes, less tv time, play with the kids, run around, not make any excuses to sit on the couch from 6-10 at night because my back hurt.

Sorry guys for the long story, this is where I'm at right now. I uploaded my start picture on bodyspace and I invite you to follow my profile. I have a good 40 lbs of fat to lose. I did it in the past and I will do it again.

Not doing it for anybody beside myself, maybe for my kids also...

EDIT: First week done. -4.4 lbs
    Slowly getting back on track:

12-30-2019: 225.8 lbs
    01-06-2020: 221.4 lbs
    01-13-2020 : 220.8 lbs

Total weight lost: 5 lbs

marcp88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Week 2 was a sad one, a small -0.6lbs on the scale. Had to go back to work and went back to the eating on the go habit. Had 2 strong days since monday morning. We be back on track for the 3rd weight in next monday.
    Slowly getting back on track:

12-30-2019: 225.8 lbs
    01-06-2020: 221.4 lbs
    01-13-2020 : 220.8 lbs

Total weight lost: 5 lbs

kindaoldguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by marcp88 View Post
    Week 2 was a sad one, a small -0.6lbs on the scale. Had to go back to work and went back to the eating on the go habit. Had 2 strong days since monday morning. We be back on track for the 3rd weight in next monday.
    Hi and good luck. I'm in a similar situation, up 30lbs in 2.5 years. For me the issue has always been supper. I'm doing IF and skipping breakfast, to hopefully keep the evening calories within my daily goals.
    At the start of the june-sept challenge:
    Age 46
    6'3 211 on 6/2/15
    26% bodyfat (I think)

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by marcp88 View Post
    Don't be discouraged, this often happens after week 1 - which gives an unrealistically large number due to water weight loss etc.

In 3 or 4 weeks time, you'll hopefully find out that the average is around 1-2lbs a week by the time you've ironed out the noise from day to day water weight changes.

DeepDishPlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeepDishPlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeepDishPlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeepDishPlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeepDishPlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeepDishPlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeepDishPlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeepDishPlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeepDishPlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeepDishPlate is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeepDishPlate is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good on you for being honest, stick with the plan I'm sure you'll keep seeing results. I'm in a similar situation/background, trying to undo 10+ years of bad habits and laziness.