Maher19800 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maher19800 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maher19800 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maher19800 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maher19800 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maher19800 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maher19800 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maher19800 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maher19800 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maher19800 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maher19800 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How to be patient?

I need to lose about 70 pounds, but its very difficult for me to be patient. I can go to the gym and have the best workout of my life and clean up my diet and the next week i will still look the same. When i am at the gym i can't help but look at all the fit people and all the negative thoughts come rushing through my head. It's just hard to stay motivated and have faith when results come so slowly

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There has to be a ton of people on the forum who have lost a lot of weight, kept (or are keeping) it off and have made complete body transformations!! I'm always reading about how this one lost 50 lbs. in X amount of months (not overnight! Don't worry!) or this one is losing 2 lbs of fat body a week, plus gaining strength and discernible lean muscle mass at the same time!! These patient, and inspiring people, might be hanging out in either the workout programming, exercising, OV 35 general or NUTRITIONAL SUB-FORUM They get their nutritional knowledge, estimated calorie calculations, portion size info, etc. from the stickies in that section of the forum...and bounce ideas, concerns, struggles and personal opinions off of each other. They encourage each other to continue progressing....Everyone wants to progress, whether it's with losing weight, gaining strength and muscle mass, improving their fitness level...the goals can be never-ending for many truly interested in fitness, and achieving all the healthy benefits/rewards that anyone can gain from a higher level of success! To do this right, it just takes patience, like you already understand, and time.

I think it takes a lot of courage to show up every day at a gym where everyone is "fit"!! More overweight people should have your determination and ambition, and do this for their overall health and wellness! Congratulations on your decision to take charge of your well-being! And remember, the "fitter" people are looking at THEMSELVES in the mirror...inspecting and self-critiquing what THEY want/need to improve THEMSELVES! That's how they became fitter- by focusing on their routines and what they needed to do in order to accomplish and maintain results. Keep going, having the best workout of your life and cleaning up your relationship with food! Your statement above, to me, means you're putting in the required effort and attitude to eventually get results! You can do this with knowledge, besides patience (hint, hint..nutritional sub-forum!)

To track calories: www.myfitnesspal.com
    Last edited by etet1919; 01-07-2020 at 05:11 AM.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The big secret to losing weight is cutting out carbs. Have you looked into Keto?

I lost something stupidy crazy like 25kgs in 3 months on keto / low carb with moderate to small amount of exercise and a big deficit.

Darrel219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darrel219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darrel219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darrel219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darrel219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darrel219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darrel219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darrel219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darrel219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darrel219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darrel219 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One day at a time. Take each of those small victories you earn each and every single day. Eating clean, tearing it up in the gym, drinking more water, each of these kinds of things are small victories in your book.
    Keep adding them up, and eventually you will see yourself changing and getting bigger victories in your day to day life.

Do not go 100% off of what the scale says, if you have invested in one. They are a great tool, yes, but they do not tell the whole story. The scale does not tell you if you are retaining water, or have a massive poo ready to be released from your colon. Go off of how you feel physically. Are your pants fitting looser than before? How about your shirts? Are you able to accomplish more than you noticed you usually can?

Always remember, fitness it not solely for looks. It is a better lifestyle. With a better lifestyle comes better opportunity.
    Count ya calories, enjoy ya food, and make gains.

Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do or do not there is no try
    Energetically will I meet enemies of the United States
    Get some
    Ernest Hemingway once said "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for" I agree with the 2nd part
    "Service members is family"
    physique: https://i.imgur.com/8d1Mct4.jpg -3
    avi is godfrd

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Set small goals and achieve them towards your big goal of losing 70 pounds.
    Do the thing s that will help you achieve these goals.
    So maybe a 5 pound loss is your first goal and so on.
    As Ringo Starr once sang"it don't come easy".
    I think as you get closer to your ultimate goal you will be more motivated.
    You need to want it more than anything and let nothing stop you.
    Most things worthwhile are hard to achieve.
    If you just can't maybe you need a trainer or coach to be accountable to and guide you.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    not sure if I would count as someone that have undergone huge weight loss but on my last cut i lost around 40lb. It did take many months and yes it was hard to keep motivated but I'll share one or two things i learned:

1) Do not obsess. The more you make big changes and desperately try to achieve thin, fast, the more self defeating the process will be. It's best to make sustainable changes that you can maintain long term... and then forget about it. I've found my best results come when weight loss/muscle gain is just a background process in my life. Keeping my eating moderate, my calories lower and my macros on course is something i only think about at meal times. Workouts are part of my routine, not something my life revolves around. For the rest of the time i focus on other things (work, relationships, hobbies) and let the weeks pass without micro-managing my every result. In this way things will improve before you know it and you will learn it is the accumulation of good habits and general monitoring that leads to success, not the obsessing over every pound.

2) Just a disclaimer ONLY FOLLOW THIS SECOND PIECE OF ADVICE IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT YOU CAN FOLLOW THE FIRST. Get a scale, but only if you are sure that weighing will only become another part of your routine. Ideally weigh at most once every week. It is very difficult to track daily (or even weekly) visible changes in yourself. Using a scale, once a week when you wake up, before food, after peeing will help you recognize and track progress even if the mirror is discouraging you. Be prepared for non-linear anomalies and fluctuations, do not let this get you down.

3) Enjoy a varied life. Read the thread in the nutrition forum on discretionary calorie allowance. Do not become bogged down in poached chicken breast, rice and broccoli. Life is too short and you do not need to eat this way to lose fat or to gain muscle. So long as your calories and macros add up correctly, eat whatever you enjoy. You want a steak and fries one night? Fit it into your calories and bloody well have it. I would err on the side of eating more healthily mainly because you will feel better and more nutritionally dense foods tend to be more filling, leaving you less hungry. But for gods sake don't be miserable. Make things you enjoy making and enjoy eating. Have a beer on occasion, use your last 100 cals on a chocolate bar, not an apple. Have burgers for dinner. This is more likely to allow you to stick to a diet and less likely to leave you craving in the long run, improving adherence to your new lifestyle. There is a limit to this however. Don't blow your full 2000 calories on a McDonalds and leave yourself starving, common sense rules here.

4) Learn to ignore. Ignore TV, ignore supplement companies, ignore instagram, ignore half the articles on this site, ignore the internet in general, ignore what influencers tell you to do, ignore celebrities, ignore weight loss 'programs', ignore diets of every sort. In fact ignore literally every single thing you hear or see about weightloss outside of the more knowledgeable posters on this exact forum. It doesn't matter what time you eat, it doesn't matter if you eat carbs, it doesn't matter if you eat purple fruit on tuesdays and thursdays, it doesn't matter if you do cardio fasted, it doesn't matter if you start eating at 9am or 3pm. it. does. not. matter. it. makes. no. difference. The only thing that matters is your calories, your macros and (hopefully) some attention to your micros and nutrition in general. Beyond that the ONLY thing you should consider is what works for you. If you find it easier to eat more in a shorter space of time then by all means follow an 16-8 IF pattern or a warrior diet. If you find it easier to drop carbs from your diet than anything else then by all means go low carb. If you prefer to work out in the morning before eating then go for it. If you find yourself less hungry by eating earlier in the day and less in the evening do it. Just bear in mind that these things ONLY have benefits in allowing you to stick to your lifestyle change, they will not make you lose fat faster, some are just more convenient to some than others.

5) set small goals. dont concentrate on those 50lb. be happy with your first 5, then 10, then the next 10. You'll find that creating increments allows your patience to be rewarded more often. That 50lb is your ideal, your goal is to keep going and reach those smaller hurdles and be bloody happy with yourself when you do.

6) Take small failures in stride. If you have a big overboard day and you gain 7lb just remember that 6.5lb of that is water, it will go as quickly as it came. No matter how much you over eat you haven't set yourself back as far as you think. You're still good, you're still human. Just keep going

I believe in you dude, good luck

tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't worry so much, just keep working and it will happen slowly. Its a struggle everyday to cut out treats for me. little things are easier to maintain and will pay off.

turtlel is not very well liked. (-100) turtlel is not very well liked. (-100) turtlel is not very well liked. (-100) turtlel is not very well liked. (-100) turtlel is not very well liked. (-100) turtlel is not very well liked. (-100) turtlel is not very well liked. (-100) turtlel is not very well liked. (-100) turtlel is not very well liked. (-100) turtlel is not very well liked. (-100) turtlel is not very well liked. (-100)
    just remember its better to make slow progress than no progress

AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000)
    Obsessing over other people's results will get you nowhere. It's a sure-fire way to demotivate yourself. Rome wasn't built in a day (it's cliche, I know). Keep doing the right things: train hard, eat smart, and recover. You'll eventually achieve your goals sooner than later. Good luck!

JvilleJeff84 is not very well liked. (-100) JvilleJeff84 is not very well liked. (-100) JvilleJeff84 is not very well liked. (-100) JvilleJeff84 is not very well liked. (-100) JvilleJeff84 is not very well liked. (-100) JvilleJeff84 is not very well liked. (-100) JvilleJeff84 is not very well liked. (-100) JvilleJeff84 is not very well liked. (-100) JvilleJeff84 is not very well liked. (-100) JvilleJeff84 is not very well liked. (-100) JvilleJeff84 is not very well liked. (-100)
    There's nowhere to go but up... each week you're better than the last, so you're never losing... keep it at, and enjoy.

GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100) GregG13 is not very well liked. (-100)

Thumbs up

Don't lose hope, just keep on going.

“Weight loss is not impossible. Weight loss is hard, but hard is not the same as impossible.”

Have you tried Intermittent Fasting?

Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When you have a lot of fat to lose, you can afford to go on a steeper deficit. I've seen people drop 4-5 pounds a week being over 50 pounds overweight. The lower you get the slow the fatloss if you want to maintain muscle, or for diet adherence in general.
    I pull girls & do street interviews IRL, as seen on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/@thetruthtabletv

Natural athlete & Model from the Philippines.

https://www.instagram.com/thetonyd/

On a mission to help men gain confidence & improve their lives.