Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Weight stuck on a deficit

I have started cutting since early December, managed to drop from 201 to 192 (a lot of water weight obviously)

I am 5'11'', 32 Years, 20% Fat Percentage when started with a decent muscle mass, been lifting for 8 years or so.
    Currently supplementing: One-A-Day Multivitamin, Jointace for joints and collagen, Probiotics, CLA (6 Musclepharm CLA a day*) and using C4 Ripped as a Pre-workout.

I have done all type of calculations and my maintenance calories always fell within the 2400-2600 range, so decided to aim for a 1800 daily calories with 150g Protein, the rest is spread between fat and carbs with no specific percentage, doing weights 5 days a week and heavy cardio once a week, on lifting days I do cardio for 20-30 minutes as well, I have not done any cheat days/meals so far

The thing is my weight has stuck on 192! At this stage, I am still having the same motivation and it is not pulling me back, but I am not sure how will I maintain this if my weight just stuck for a longer period.. so trying to be a bit proactive in here..

Any help/tips?

* Thanks Musclepharm for your proprietary blend! I have no idea how much of an actual CLA I am consuming..

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Stuck for how long?

Probably just water retention due to dietary stress. 1800 is a bit on the low side.

CLA does nothing by the way.

SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50) SNino will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Stuck for how long?

Probably just water retention due to dietary stress. 1800 is a bit on the low side.

CLA does nothing by the way.
    Been a week for now, I know it is relatively too early to be worried but again, just trying to be a bit proactive.

For the CLA yes I read a lot about it and it does not seem to do anything, just decided to use it because like 9 years ago I cut from 190 to 165 and used CLA throughout so just decided to do the same exact things again, not gonna supplement with it again after the bottle finishes, treating it as "good fats" at the moment nothing more..

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I wouldn't be concerned about 1 week. Look at the long term trend. If that matches your calorie deficit then it's all fine. Weight loss doesn't just stop suddenly if you are keeping calorie intake and activity the same.

If you want to geek out, put all your weigh-ins into a spreadsheet

column A = date, column B = weight

Then use the =SLOPE() function to estimate the average daily loss. You can multiply this by 7 to get weekly. This will ignore noise in the readings and pick out the trend.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I wouldn't be concerned about 1 week. Look at the long term trend. If that matches your calorie deficit then it's all fine. Weight loss doesn't just stop suddenly if you are keeping calorie intake and activity the same.

If you want to geek out, put all your weigh-ins into a spreadsheet

column A = date, column B = weight

Then use the =SLOPE() function to estimate the average daily loss. You can multiply this by 7 to get weekly. This will ignore noise in the readings and pick out the trend.
    Lovely! I think I will start doing this in a month, the good thing is that I have all the records on a Mobile App as I am using a smart scale..
    Thank you!

EDIT: Just done a quick one, 183 by the end of Jan according to the trend line.. I wish!
    Targeting 176..
    Last edited by SNino; 01-05-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Wheel seems to be rolling again,

Anyways, I am looking for supplements suggestions to use when fat lost gets harder, obviously maintaining the deficit

What are some proven fat burning supplements (ingredients NOT PRODUCTS)? besides ECA..

in terms of products, always had good results while using Animal Cuts, the fact that I can drop the stims pill is an absolute advantage

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SNino View Post
    Wheel seems to be rolling again,

Anyways, I am looking for supplements suggestions to use when fat lost gets harder, obviously maintaining the deficit

What are some proven fat burning supplements (ingredients NOT PRODUCTS)? besides ECA..

in terms of products, always had good results while using Animal Cuts, the fact that I can drop the stims pill is an absolute advantage
    supplements won’t help. As you lose you need to lower your calories. Drop 100 calories a day for every 10 lbs of loss and you won’t stall. As you lean out and drop calories it becomes incrementally harder to keep losing at the same rate so at some point you’ll need to drop calories less and understand the losses will be slower.
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 01-08-2020 at 08:29 AM.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

I am currently on 1800 calories/day, so I am not totally sure how much can I afford to drop while still functioning, I don't think I can ever drop below 1600
    This is where I wish supplements to come handy

"Supplements won't help" sounds like all fat burning supplements are crap to me, while I totally understand that a lot of supplements are overhyped, other don't work at all, I still believe that some specific supplements might add value, even if it was minor it is gonna help at this stage

AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Okey, remember if you drop drastically your calories, it will get harder to gain muscle mass. Less muscle mass => slower metabolism, that implies directly in the way you burn your body fat (done by the muscle mass).
    I would increase calories (clean carbs, of course with more protein) to try to gain some muscle mass, so in a mid-term period, you can burn more body fat, without dropping from 2000 calories.

Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AivanHG View Post
    Okey, remember if you drop drastically your calories, it will get harder to gain muscle mass. Less muscle mass => slower metabolism, that implies directly in the way you burn your body fat (done by the muscle mass).
    I would increase calories (clean carbs, of course with more protein) to try to gain some muscle mass, so in a mid-term period, you can burn more body fat, without dropping from 2000 calories.
    1 LB of Muscle only burns around 6-8 extra calories a day so adding it doesn’t really make a big difference

Last inbody test returned a SMM of 93lbs which is on the high side, I am trying to maintain as much as possible by lifting heavy and increasing my protein intake. However, at this stage, my top focus is to drop weight (praying it will be mainly fat)

I am willing to sacrifice a good amount of muscles for the sake of reaching my target, but totally agree it is gonna get tricky when muscle mass decrease! might have to increase burned calories by introducing more cardio, or supplements to give a slight boost

I am currently on 1800 calories/day, so I am not totally sure how much can I afford to drop while still functioning, I don't think I can ever drop below 1600
    This is where I wish supplements to come handy

"Supplements won't help" sounds like all fat burning supplements are crap to me, while I totally understand that a lot of supplements are overhyped, other don't work at all, I still believe that some specific supplements might add value, even if it was minor it is gonna help at this stage
    you may be miscounting calories on a weekly basis bottom Line is you need to decrease calories as you lose weight. And yes it can get difficult when you approach 10% body fat that’s why you see so few lean people.
    As far as supplements have at it if want as the supplement companies need the money

Up to this stage, the only supplement that I think might provide a value is Carnitine, this is based on
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...s-10-00349.pdf

Just trying to come out with a wider list

Originally Posted by snino View Post

just trying to come out with a wider list
    Why

Just trying to be a bit on the proactive side; to have some tested-proven supplements ready to give a "boost" when things get harder, my way of maintaining motivation and creating hope maybe?

For me, the most encouraging part of L-Carnitine was this -among others within the same study-
    -Influence of L-carnitine administration on maximal physical exercise.
    -10 moderately trained men 22–30 2 g before high-intensity exercise Increased VO2max.

So the way it goes for me is like; once fat/weight loss becomes harder, supplement with Carnitine and try to burn some extra calories with extra cardio. somehow.

Originally Posted by snino View Post
    just trying to be a bit on the proactive side; to have some tested-proven supplements ready to give a "boost" when things get harder, my way of maintaining motivation and creating hope maybe?

For me, the most encouraging part of l-carnitine was this -among others within the same study-
    -influence of l-carnitine administration on maximal physical exercise.
    -10 moderately trained men 22–30 2 g before high-intensity exercise increased vo2max.

So the way it goes for me is like; once fat/weight loss becomes harder, supplement with carnitine and try to burn some extra calories with extra cardio. Somehow.
    smh

Be careful of single study results, possibly biased by funding source. If you want a consensus view, look at examine.com

But I can save you some time - no supplement is going to have much impact on fat loss. Some things must suppress appetite - but the chiefest of those is high protein and high fiber wholefoods.

AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AivanHG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just trying to be a bit on the proactive side; to have some tested-proven supplements ready to give a "boost" when things get harder, my way of maintaining motivation and creating hope maybe?

For me, the most encouraging part of L-Carnitine was this -among others within the same study-
    -Influence of L-carnitine administration on maximal physical exercise.
    -10 moderately trained men 22–30 2 g before high-intensity exercise Increased VO2max.

So the way it goes for me is like; once fat/weight loss becomes harder, supplement with Carnitine and try to burn some extra calories with extra cardio. somehow.
    Sent you a PM

Originally Posted by AivanHG View Post
    Sent you a PM
    that usually means
    “I want to give advice that people won’t agree with”
    It’s probably the wrong advice

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    that usually means
    “I want to give advice that people won’t agree with”
    It’s probably the wrong advice
    Probably, probably not. It's up to him to decide that.

Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you may be miscounting calories on a weekly basis bottom Line is you need to decrease calories as you lose weight. And yes it can get difficult when you approach 10% body fat that’s why you see so few lean people.
    As far as supplements have at it if want as the supplement companies need the money
    My maintenance is 2400 and i consume 1500 calories. Would I need to lower calories as I lose weight? If so, how much every xxlb?

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I
    Originally Posted by Cautious1 View Post
    My maintenance is 2400 and i consume 1500 calories. Would I need to lower calories as I lose weight? If so, how much every xxlb?
    I think I can answer this for him. The answer is yes depending on whether you are losing weight or not. What Tommy is highlighting is a very good method to stop stalls, if your weight is dropping at significant rate then their is no need to as you are losing enough to be around 1% of bw per week.

If you are losing weight at 1500 it may take you to the finish line for this cut before you look very small or lean depending on your muscle amount.

If your weight loss has stalled for 2-3 weeks then only options are drop calories or exercise more (or a mixture of the two). Your body doesn't know a caloric number it knows what a deficit, surplus or maintenance level of calories are that is it.

Some arbitrary number counted by yourself means nothing to it as a 100 different reasons can exist for that number not being 100% accurate.

The question is how much are you losing weekly over a month period?
    Last edited by hardyboysare; 01-09-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    I think I can answer this for him. The answer is yes depending on whether you are losing weight or not.

If you are losing weight at 1500 it may take you to the finish line for this cut before you look very small or lean depending on your muscle amount.

If your weight loss has stalled for 2-3 weeks then only options are drop calories or exercise more (or a mixture of the two). Your body doesn't know a caloric number it knows what a deficit, surplus or maintenance level of calories are that is it.

Some arbitrary number counted by yourself means nothing to it as a 100 different reasons can exist for that number being 100% accurate.
    Thanks for the response. I believe I have stalled on the scale but still slowly progressing by judging how much fat I have by pinching my belly fat lol but not sure if its because i trained abs and the pumped ab muscle is taking the fat room?

Belly fat & lower chest is the only place where I can pinch my fat significantly. Everywhere else feels like tiny bit of fat and skin
    Last edited by Cautious1; 01-09-2020 at 08:16 AM.

I

I think I can answer this for him. The answer is yes depending on whether you are losing weight or not. What Tommy is highlighting is a very good method to stop stalls, if your weight is dropping at significant rate then their is no need to as you are losing enough to be around 1% of bw per week.

Some arbitrary number counted by yourself means nothing to it as a 100 different reasons can exist for that number not being 100% accurate.

The question is how much are you losing weekly over a month period?
    Great answer

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the response. I believe I have stalled on the scale but still slowly progressing by judging how much fat I have by pinching my belly fat lol but not sure if its because i trained abs and the pumped ab muscle is taking the fat room?

Belly fat & lower chest is the only place where I can pinch my fat significantly. Everywhere else feels like tiny bit of fat and skin
    How much weight have you lost in the last 30 days?

How long have you been cutting for?

What is your training like and general day to day physical activity.

I think I remember seeing a physique post for yourself yesterday but not sure and I'm using my phone so searching for it isn't easy.

Not that matters depending on the answer of the other questions will answer your problem anyway.

Not to take away from the OPs question but he seems content on finding a magical shortcut for fat loss that doesn't exist. If it did the medical services would be tackling obesity crisis with it and saving billions a year.....

How much weight have you lost in the last 30 days?

How long have you been cutting for?

What is your training like and general day to day physical activity.

I think I remember seeing a physique post for yourself yesterday but not sure and I'm using my phone so searching for it isn't easy.

Not that matters depending on the answer of the other questions will answer your problem anyway.

Not to take away from the OPs question but he seems content on finding a magical shortcut for fat loss that doesn't exist. If it did the medical services would be tackling obesity crisis with it and saving billions a year.....
    Ive been cutting for like 6 months but I would say 4 months consistently. And my weight has been weird, ive seen it go as low as 75.5KG, back up to 76-78KG in the last 30 days but I also feel more leaner some days than others.

My training would go as the following, I am increasing the weight each week and I think my intensity is high because I feel drained by the end:
    - Monday - Back/ Bicep
    - Tuesday - Chest/ Triceps
    - Wednesday - Legs
    - Thursday - Shoulders
    I have an office job so Im basically sitting down 8hrs a day. Only exercise is the 1hr gym session.

Nobody replied to the physique post so I just deleted it but I have another post with images of my physique.

I eat the same foods everyday literally. I dont get bored of it and I know im in a deficit because I only have 2 meals, lunch being packaged so its got the calories on it and dinner being weighted chicken breast and protein shakes.
    Last edited by Cautious1; 01-09-2020 at 08:44 AM.

you got your maintenance amount from a calculator and between those being inaccurate and inaccuracy in calorie tracking you can’t go off of either of those numbers

If you were at a consistent 1,500 a day the weight would be falling off. Regardless you can stall do to homeostatic response with water retention. If no loss in 3 weeks lower calories. Tracking your waist measurement is one of the best methods to gauge progress or lack of it.

The rule that supersedes all counting, tracking and math equations for fatloss is

Your body doesn’t know numbers, only if it’s being given calories to either lose mass, gain mass or maintain mass.

you got your maintenance amount from a calculator and between those being inaccurate and inaccuracy in calorie tracking you can’t go off of either of those numbers

If you were at a consistent 1,500 a day the weight would be falling off. Regardless you can stall do to homeostatic response with water retention. If no loss in 3 weeks lower calories. Tracking your waist measurement is one of the best methods to gauge progress or lack of it.

The rule that supersedes all counting, tracking and math equations for fatloss is

Your body doesn’t know numbers, only if it’s being given calories to either lose mass, gain mass or maintain mass.
    I think I need to start measuring my waist to gauge my progress. Thanks for the info

willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Im in agreement about supplements not being a factor in fat loss, but if it helps keep you motivated- get some apple cider vinegar and take two tablespoons a day. At least its cheap.
    ".......have you paid your dues Jack?"
    "Yes Sir, the check is in the mail."

Ive been cutting for like 6 months but I would say 4 months consistently. And my weight has been weird, ive seen it go as low as 75.5KG, back up to 76-78KG in the last 30 days but I also feel more leaner some days than others.

My training would go as the following, I am increasing the weight each week and I think my intensity is high because I feel drained by the end:
    - Monday - Back/ Bicep
    - Tuesday - Chest/ Triceps
    - Wednesday - Legs
    - Thursday - Shoulders
    I have an office job so Im basically sitting down 8hrs a day. Only exercise is the 1hr gym session.

Nobody replied to the physique post so I just deleted it but I have another post with images of my physique.

I eat the same foods everyday literally. I dont get bored of it and I know im in a deficit because I only have 2 meals, lunch being packaged so its got the calories on it and dinner being weighted chicken breast and protein shakes.
    Your training program split isn't fantastic due to only targeting the muscle groups once a week but that won't be the reason behind no weight loss. But if you are progressing then it technically is fine.

What are your major lifts like?

Only active at the gym will ensure your TDEE is low seeing as lifting weights doesn't actually burn many calories when in comparisons to your NEAT therefore I would start there if possible and increase your activity rate. Now I am not saying cardio as well I hate it what I do mean is day to day activities such as walking. I personally would add going for a walk in my lunch break that will add some extra calories burnt as well as that plan some stuff for the weekend where you are out doing stuff, doesn't matter what it is as long as you are physically doing stuff (for me I have two dogs so that makes me get out and about).

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1593938441 - Ok I found the images.

Are you getting your macros in during those two meals a day out of curiosity?

Also your previous post stated you had a higher calorie day is that still the cause? Also the protein shake I am assuming you count the milk (if you use milk) and count all liquids which have calories (e.g. fresh fruit juice).

If you could list your two meals that may highlight something just for info.

Also do you have a 'extra cheat days'?

What was your starting weight 6 months ago?